San Antonio, TX –-(Ammoland.com)- The National Association of Sporting Goods Wholesalers (NASGW), the association representing shooting sports wholesalers, manufacturers, and their trade partners, announced the winners of their annual Leadership and Caliber Awards last night at the NASGW Expo Awards Dinner.
“It was a great night with a great group of NASGW members,” said Kenyon Gleason, NASGW President.
“Every year the annual Leadership Awards is our opportunity to recognize companies that are committed to two-step distribution. This is the first year we recognized individual products with the brand new NASGW-POMA Caliber Awards.”
The Annual Awards Dinner is one of the premier events at the NASGW Expo, which brings together wholesalers and manufacturers within the shooting sports industry to plan sales for the upcoming year.
Winners for the NASGW Leadership Awards are:
- Firearm Manufacturer of the Year : Ruger (POMA CP Member)
- Optics Manufacturer of the Year : Leupold (POMA CP Member)
- Ammunition Manufacturer of the Year : Hornady
- Accessory Manufacturer of the Year : Magpul
- Importer of the Year : Aguila (POMA CP Member)
- Innovator of the Year : O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc. (POMA CP Member)
In addition to this year’s Leadership Awards, NASGW partnered with the Professional Outdoor Media Association (POMA), to select the best new products in six categories as well as an overall best new product.
“We look forward to setting a higher standard with the Caliber Awards for years to come. It is an honor to partner with NASGW to recognize the innovations within the shooting sports industry,” said Kevin Orthman, the Executive Director with POMA.
“The NASGW Awards Dinner was an outstanding event and it couldn’t have gone better. On behalf of our members and board of directors, we thank the NASGW for the partnership. “
To qualify for the Caliber Awards, manufacturers must be a NASGW member in good standing, the product must have launched within the last year, and products needed to be submitted through the NASGW Expo website.
Winners for the NASGW-POMA Caliber Awards are:
- Best New Accessory : Leupold LTO Tracker (POMA CP Member)
- Best New Optic : Trijicon RMR 2
- Best New Ammunition : Doubletap Colt Defense
- Best New Handgun : SIG SAUER P320 X-Carry
- Best New Rifle : Bergara B-14 HRM (POMA CP Member)
- Best New Shotgun : Remington 870 TAC-14
- Best New Overall Product : Mossberg 590 Shockwave (POMA CP Member)
The National Association of Sporting Goods Wholesalers is comprised of wholesalers, manufacturers, independent sales reps, media and service providers – both national and international – all of whom are primarily focused on shooting sports equipment and accessories. As a trade association representing the business interests of its members,
NASGW’s mission is to bring shooting sports buyers and sellers together. For more information about the NASGW, visit the association’s website at www.nasgw.org.
Professional Outdoor Media Association (POMA)continues to uphold its tradition of promoting excellence in communications at all levels. This includes connecting the companies and organizations whose focus is the outdoor industry with the content creators who can help tell their stories and promote their products. www.professionaloutdoormedia.org