Taking a Pass on the 2018 Super Bowl – It’s a Matter Of Conscience ~ VIDEO

By NRA Past President John C. Sigler

James Madison: A Life Reconsidered
I don’t know about you, but I am looking forward to 2018’s “Super Book Sunday” – Perhaps you might like to join me? : James Madison: A Life Reconsidered

USA –-(Ammoland.com)- You do what you want to do, but I know what I will be doing during the 2018 Super Bowl – and it won’t include watching or supporting the NFL.

Like most Americans, I love American football. It’s a uniquely American sport – but I refuse to watch or support the NFL so long as the NFL refuses to honor or support me, my friends, colleagues, and former shipmates.

So long as the NFL and its players continue to disrespect the United States’ “colors” and the men and women who have fought and died under those colors, I will refuse to support, and will never respect, the NFL.

So long as the NFL and its players continue to disrespect our National Anthem, I will continue to show my lack of respect for them through the simple act of ignoring them and their events.

So long as NFL teams such as the San Francisco 49ers and the Philadelphia Eagles support and contribute large sums of money to anti-gun, anti-Second Amendment organizations and causes, I will refuse to give credence to their annual event, and all other NFL events.

I love football, but my football season ends when the college season ends, and when the high school athletes turn to basketball and wrestling.
In the meantime, I’ll focus my free time preparing for NRA’s High Power & Long Range shooting season and waiting for another uniquely American professional spectator sport to begin its season at Daytona Beach – NASCAR.

And, oh yes, I will use that time to support pro-gun candidates as they prepare to do battle in the 2018 elections and to fight against anti-gun bills in the Delaware General Assembly; I will attend Friends of NRA Banquets to help raise money for the NRA Foundation and NRA’s safety and education programs; and perhaps I’ll contribute a dollar or two to the NRA-ILA Political Victory Fund, and perhaps a few more dollars to the NRA’s Civil Rights Defense Fund; and maybe I’ll read a book or two on American history – the very history the anti’s are attempting to erase.

So, what is it, exactly, that I intend to do during the Super Bowl, you ask?

Well, to be perfectly honest, I intend to begin re-reading Dr. Lynn Cheney’s biography of the author of our wonderful Constitution, a book titled “James Madison”. It is a book that I have read before and that I find to be a whole lot more exciting, and a whole lot more interesting and entertaining than any Super Bowl could ever be.

John C. Sigler-Dover, DE
John C. Sigler-Dover, DE

About John C. Sigler;

John C. Sigler is a past NRA President and is currently running for re-election to the 2018 NRA Board of directors.  Please keep him in mind when you are completing you ballots. John is also a 2nd Amendment Activist – Founder, Delaware Association of Second Amenment Lawyers; Co-Founder, pro-gun Delaware Foundation for Legislative Action; Volunteer Pro-Gun Lobbyist; avid “Right-to-Carry” & “National Reciprocity” advocate; author of many pro-gun bills in Delaware legislature.

Cal
Cal

For centuries, kneeling has been a sign of respect. And it still is.

Rock
Rock

The NFL became invisible when the FIRST knee touched the ground and the NFL/owners allowed it to fester. DONE ! the other sprts that followed suit have done the same………… They no longer exist.

JD
JD

boycott nfl, nba, nhl, teams,pro, college sports & all their sponsors! see us? hear us now????

Dwight
Dwight

Quit watching last year. Die hard Cowboy fan but enough is too much.
High school and college are a lot more exciting.
Until someone cleans out those individuals and they have to earn a paycheck like the rest of us GREAT UNWASHED they can forget about my and thousands more spending our hard earned $$$ on ANYTHING NFL connected.

Edward Weber
Edward Weber

This will be my first EVER Super Bowl that I have missed. Like Super Bowl #1. Frankly, I haven’t missed the NFL since I quit watching early in the season. I have however reacquainted myself with college football. Roll Tide!!

Joshboyfuture
Joshboyfuture

Well they are against freedom of speech and they are against the right to bear arms so it wouldn’t surprise me if they were against the Bible which is why I will be reading it!
Q. What does Bible stand for?
A. Basic instructions before leaving Earth

SGT_Wombat
SGT_Wombat

Football? You mean soccer? 🙂

tomcat
tomcat

A good book or anything else people like is better than an NFL football game. This will be the first year I’ve missed the Super Bowl in many years but I will miss it this year. Attendance is down at the games and that means revenue is, also. When they have to take a cut in pay it isn’t going to be pretty.

Marc Disabled Vet
Marc Disabled Vet

What is this Football thing you all talk about ?
Yes I have a tv . But sports don’t come on my tv .
Every player is over rated ego driven people ,
who got lucky to have some kind of talent .
Problem is I’d say half can’t balance a check book ,
or pay a gas bill . Let alone read them .
I take it back , I watched Army /Navy game .
You weren’t going to see any kneeling there !

jim
jim

Haven’t watched a game all season. Life is richer for it.

Bersa Bob
Bersa Bob

NFL donates millions to support the players cause.
Better spent in our vets.

Ervin Gravening
Ervin Gravening

Who’s playing? I’m serious! I got rid of TV years ago. I would like to see a list of the advertisers,though. I’ll happily e-mail them with my thoughts on people lucky enough to have physical skills that pay so incredibly well. It is their right to dissent,of course. Just wish they would educate themselves about the topics.

Joseph Martin
Joseph Martin

Like everything else, professional football has changed from what it was decades ago. I lost interest 5 or 6 years ago due to the changes (I referred to it as “lawyer ball”) and have only watched the Super Bowl with friends, but not this year or any other due to the disrespectful, overpaid, players, coaches and owners.

Patrick U. S. Army Vet
Patrick U. S. Army Vet

Ungreatful group of millionaires must relie on normal Americans for there support, don’t give it to them! Movie stars and sports players are entertainers if WE THE PEOPLE support them, let’s not.

HankB
HankB

I quit watching football DECADES ago when it dawned on me that a lot of games were rigged – in some cases the “officiating” was SO blatantly biased that simple incompetence failed to explain repeated actions on the field.

The recent on field anti-American protests by multimillionaire players (and despite claims to the contrary, that’s exactly what they are: anti-American) and the tacit approval of the NFL almost make me wish I was still a fan, JUST so I could start a new personal boycott.

Tony
Tony

They don’t care if you watch. Send emails to all their advertisers letting them know that their product is now on your “no buy” list. It will continue as long as they financially support the NFL. “Follow the money.”

Carol B Combs
Carol B Combs
Reply to  Tony

Tony, great idea. Will find out who all the advertisers are and start Sunday to make sure I get every last one.

Vanns40
Vanns40
Reply to  Tony

Amen brother. Money talks and BS walks. If folks everywhere emailed and, especially, took the time to call a sponsor that would have a tremendous effect.

KEN_W
KEN_W

I will not be watching this circus, of coarse I have not in a long time. The game is about money, so everyone wants to get in on the show. That’s why I call it as circus, it has changed like wrestling and basketball. Not credible sports, just be money business.