USA -(Ammoland.com)- The Idaho legislative session starts in just three days. Next week we continue our efforts to get Stand-Your-Ground passed in Idaho!
The battle to pass Stand-Your-Ground is not going to be easy, and we are going to need your help to do it — more on that in a minute.
In a state like Idaho, you would assume that these bills would be a slam dunk. With the large pro-gun majority we have now, you would think this bill would be easy to pass.
But history has proven differently.
Politicians rarely like major changes in the law or do anything that is controversial. They prefer to do what is easy, and not necessarily what is right.
You see, once they are safely in office they do their best to do absolutely nothing for freedom!
It’s their daily goal.
They figure that if they don’t “stir the pot,” then their chances of getting re-elected are much better. That’s why it is so important to have the grassroots involved and pressuring them to get off their duffs and do something!
Do something, or face the consequences at the ballot box!
And with the 2018 elections right around the corner, the political elite in the capitol are going to be pushing back against efforts to strengthen our gun laws to avoid “controversy.”
Stand-Your-Ground shouldn’t be controversial. It’s been around for a very long time. It isn’t a new concept. Gun owners must have the best protection possible, should they ever have to defend their lives.
Under an Idaho Second Amendment Alliance Stand-Your-Ground law, citizens would:
- Face no so-called “duty to retreat.” Under current Idaho law, a prosecutor can submit evidence that you could have run away from an attacker, leaving you on the hook for murder.In a situation where your life is on the line, the LAST thing you want to be thinking about is what some anti-gun judge or prosecutor might say;
- Receive criminal immunity from anti-gun prosecutors. In other words, no more anti-gun prosecutors trying to make an example of you — or taking a case to court to make a political statement;
- Receive civil immunity. That means the money-grubbing family of some thug you had to defend yourself against can’t come after you in court and sue you for millions!
- Gain presumption of innocence. That means that when some thug breaks into your home, you are presumed innocent when you have to defend your home and your family.
Under current law, the criminal who just broke into your home is presumed innocent, and you are potentially guilty of murder until you can prove otherwise.
These crucial and necessary changes to update our self-defense laws are not going to happen without the help of gun owners all across the state of Idaho.
Our bill sponsor, Representative Christy Zito, needs you to be actively engaged this session. She is going to be outnumbered by the anti-gun progressives who seek to stop our efforts.
But with you and I standing right behind her and helping her push this bill, we can make a huge difference! What can you do to help us before the session begins in four days?
- First, please make sure to sign the petition for Stand-Your-Ground right away!
- Second, be sure to “Like” our Facebook page. Facebook is often the quickest way to get updates during the session when things are moving quickly.
- Finally, please consider a small donation today to help us mobilize even more gun owners by donating $50 or $25 right away!
We passed Constitutional Carry with the massive support of gun owners in Idaho and we will pass Stand-Your-Ground in the same fashion.
But we have a long way to go before that happens! It all begins in four days and it begins with you standing with us.
Idaho Second Amendment Alliance
P.S. With the Idaho legislative session just four days away, we are going to need all hands on-deck if we are going to pass Stand-Your-Ground.
We only passed Constitutional Carry when gun owners stood up and demanded its passage.
The same will be true for Stand-Your-Ground!