California – -(Ammoland.com)- The deadline to register, aka comply, with California's “bullet button assault weapons” registration is this Saturday, June 30, 2018 – see the alert below from GOC.
Also, there’s some interesting food for thought with how the gun industry is being hung out to dry by corporate America. What’s even more interesting, though, is that Americans have bought more guns in the past two months than even our military has on hand. According to the FBI, May was a solid month in gun sales, with over two million background checks being run according to the FBI.
Plus, it’s always good to keep track of anti-gun Leftist Michael Bloomberg, who has pledged to spend $80 million – that’s $80 MILLION, folks – in an attempt to sway the election in November.
That means on average, he’s going to spend roughly $4.2 million anti-gun dollars a week. If this isn’t a direct assault on our rights, then what is? Make sure you are armed, informed and involved this election cycle. Our 2nd amendment rights depend on it!
REGISTRATION ENDS AT 11:59:59 P.M. ON JUNE 30, 2018.
Gun Owners of California fought tooth and nail against legislation outlawing bullet buttons and the expansion of the “assault weapon” definition, nonetheless, we strongly urge compliance with the law. Remember, we are law-abiding. If we don’t like the laws, rather than break them, we will work diligently to change them – in the courts, legislatively – and through the elections.
In 2016, Assembly Bill 1135 and Senate Bill 880 were signed by Governor Brown and require that any person who, from January 1, 2001, to December 31, 2016, lawfully possessed an assault weapon that does not have a fixed magazine – including those weapons with an ammunition feeding device that can be readily removed from the firearm with the use of a tool (commonly referred to as a bullet-button) – must register the firearm before July 1, 2018 (extended from the original date of January 1, 2018).
For information on what is specifically required to register firearms as “assault weapons” click HERE to be linked to the Department of Justice website.
DON’T WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE!
REGISTRATION ENDS AT 11:59:59 P.M. ON JUNE 30, 2018
- Anyone choosing not to register must either convert their firearms to comply with the new laws/regulations or disassemble them so that they are non-functional.
- All applications for assault weapon registration must be submitted by the deadline. No applications will be accepted thereafter.
- Read the requirements in advance of the deadline (link above); photos and proof of residency are among the items required. Don’t be caught at the last minute without adequate information to submit.
- Registration requires creating a California Firearms Application Reporting System (CFARS) account (https://cfars.doj.ca.gov/login.do)
- If history is any indicator, it’s important to register sooner rather than later. The Department of Justice website has been known to malfunction when deadlines approach. Be aware – if there is a problem, it will be the REGISTRANT’S fault – not DOJ’s.
The Department of Justice’ website states “This legislation closes the “bullet button” loophole and categorizes “bullet button” firearms as assault weapons.” To be clear: GOC does not – nor have we ever – believe there to be any loophole. We have always taken issue with the classification of a firearm as an “assault weapon” – a term created by politicians to further an anti-2nd Amendment political agenda.
About Gun Owners of California:
Gun Owners of California is the toughest fighting pro-gun organization in California. We spend 100% of our time fighting for the Second Amendment at the Capitol and electing pro-gun members to the legislature. We do not compromise when it comes to promoting your gun rights! www.gunownersca.com