Nashville, Tenn. – -(Ammoland.com)- Iconic American singer, songwriter and performer Don McLean has recently wrapped up a successful tour of the United Kingdom, Scotland, Ireland, and Israel. Playing to numerous sold out venues – from the Palladium in London, to six nights at Vicar St. in Dublin – McLean performed his timeless American classics, along with new music from his latest album Botanical Gardens, to raves from enthusiastic audiences.
“My tour of England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales has ended. I never enjoyed an experience more than this. Many thanks to the very kind reviewers and the enthusiastic audiences that made this tour the best of all,” said McLean. “I send my love & sincere thanks. We will be back again someday.”
McLean is already scheduled for the second leg of his European tour this fall, with the Hall of Fame songwriter scheduled for Essen, Germany on October 1, and then visiting Holland, Switzerland and all of Scandinavia through the end of the month.
With over 40 gold and platinum records worldwide, Don McLean’s prowess for writing timeless songs has once again been captured on Botanical Gardens, his newest album, released in March via BMG. McLean artfully weaves country, Americana, folk, and boot-stomping rock for an eclectic, yet American sound that he is known for. Botanical Gardens is McLean’s 19th studio album and first in 8 years, is arguably one of Don’s most reflective to date.
As McLean characterizes it, “The inspiration for the project started years ago when I would walk in the beautiful gardens in Sydney, Australia near the Opera House. I would dream young dreams and it was a comfort and an inspiration. I was always young inside, like we all are, and I felt it again there.”
Further reflecting on the record, Don says, “the whole album really revolves around the title song. Later on I realized that the gardens are really a metaphorical heaven, and there’s a kind of death and rebirth.”
Don McLean Tour Dates:
- JUL 21 Ridgefield Playhouse / Ridgefield, Conn.
- JUL 27 Ponte Vedra Concert Hall / Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla.
- JUL 28 Capitol Theater / Clearwater, Fla.
- AUG 11 Freight & Salvage / Berkeley, Calif.
- AUG 19 City Winery / Chicago, Ill.
- AUG 23 Vilar Performing Arts Center / Beaver Creek, Colo.
- AUG 24 Strings Music Pavilion / Steamboat Springs, Colo.
- SEPT 08 NYCB Theater/ Westbury, NY
- SEPT 22 Tupelo Music Hall / Derry, NH
- OCT 01 Lichtburg Essen / Essen, Germany
- OCT 02 Fabrik Hamburg / Hamburg, Germany
- OCT 04 Theater 11 / Zürich, Switzerland
- OCT 05 Festhalle Harmonie Heilbronn / Heilbronn, Germany
- OCT 06 Stadtga / Schwäbisch Gmünd, Germany
- OCT 08 Passionskirche Kreuzberg / Berlin, Germany
- OCT 10 De Oosterpoort / Groningen, Netherlands
- OCT 12 Muziekgebouw Eindhoven / Eindhoven, Netherlands
- OCT 13 TivoliVredenburg / Utrecht, Netherlands
- OCT 18 Savoy-teatteri / Helsinki, Finland
- OCT 21 Sentrum Scene / Oslo, Norway
- OCT 22 Koncerthuset, Koncertsalen / København S, Denmark
- OCT 23 Cirkus / Stockholm, Sweden
- NOV 09 Arlington Music Hall / Arlington, Texas
- NOV 15 The Wilbur / Boston, Mass
- NOV 16 TBA / Rutland, Vt.
- NOV 17 Tarrytown Music Hall / Tarrytown, N.Y.
- NOV 30 City Winery / Atlanta, Ga.
- DEC 07 Avalaon Theater/ Easton, Md.
- DEC 08 Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts / Harrisburg, Pa.
- DEC 09 State Theatre of Ithaca / Ithaca, N.Y.
- DEC 27 Blue Note Hawaii / Honolulu, Hawaii
- JAN 15 Yoshi's Oakland / Oakland, Calif.
- JAN 19 Lewis Family Playhouse / Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.
- JAN 25 Fox Tucson Theater / Tucson, Ariz.
- FEB 01 Sharon Morse Performing Arts Center / The Villages, Fla.
- FEB 02 Oxford Performing Arts Center / Oxford, Ala.
- FEB 09 Infinity Hall / Hartford, Conn.
- MAR 22 TBA / Cerritos, Calif.
- MAR 23 TBA / Beverly Hills, Calif.
- APR 05 TBA / Alexandria, Va.
- APR 06 TBA / Riverhead, N.Y.
- MAY 10 TBA / East Greenwich, R.I.
- MAY 11 TBA / Peekskill, N.Y.
Click here for Don’s entire tour calendar
About Don McLean:
A New York native, Don McLean is one of the most revered and respected songwriters in American history. After paying his dues in the New York club scene in the late ‘60s, he went on to score mega-hits like “American Pie,” “Vincent (Starry, Starry Night),” “Castles in the Air” and many more. In 2004, McLean was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame by country superstar Garth Brooks. “American Pie” has brought great happiness and hope to millions of people through the years and continues to be honored for its success. In 2000, the song was named one of the Top 5 Songs of the 20th Century by the RIAA and in 2002 was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame. 2017 brought a huge honor when the iconic song was inducted into the Library of Congress’ National Recording Registry, joining less than 500 works including “Somewhere Over the Rainbow,” classical music compositions, famous live broadcasts, and similar recordings. McLean continues to tour both North America and abroad bringing a mix of his classic hits with an array of new works.