Registration and the full agenda for the conference, which will be held at the Arizona Grand Resort and Spa in Phoenix, Arizona, Oct. 30 – Nov. 2, 2018, are now live.
Colorado Springs, Colo. – -(AmmoLand.com)- The National Tactical Officers Association (NTOA) is proud to announce the full agenda for the 18th Annual Crisis Negotiations Conference is now available. The conference will be held at the Arizona Grand Resort and Spa in Phoenix, Arizona, Oct. 30 – Nov. 2, 2018. Attendees can register for the event here: training.ntoa.org/registration/cntregistration.asp.
The role of a crisis negotiator is vital to the successful resolution of critical incidents. The 18th Annual Crisis Negotiations Conference will feature several thought-provoking seminars and timely incident debriefs providing meaningful and high-quality training to enhance law enforcement professionals’ tactics, leadership, and professionalism.
The conference’s training seminars are lecture-based and may include some tabletop exercises and group discussions. Seminars typically are two or four hours. The numerous debrief presentations will focus on recent real-world incidents, providing attendees a firsthand look from officers involved in these situations and how they were handled.
Here are just a few of the topics included in this year’s event:
- Millennials and CNT Teams: Bridging the Gap, presented by Dr. Tina Jaeckle
- Negotiating Wellness, presented by Sgt. Sally Panzer
- The Kill Line, presented by Dr. Andy Young
- Seven-Hour Hostage Barricade – A Father with a Gun and his Three-Year-Old Daughter, presented by Officer Joe Campagna
- Fixing the Disconnect Between CNT and Tactical, presented by Sgt. Wayne DuBois
- Suicide – An Unexpected Ending, presented by Det. Joe Pannullo
- CNT vs. SWAT Response to Barricaded Suicidal Subjects, presented by Charlie Albrecht and Jim Goodman
- Incident Debrief: Hostage Incident, Kennewick, WA, presented by Chris Guerrero, Jarin Whitby and Jeremy Taylor
- Educating SWAT: Basic Negotiation for Operators, presented by Harry Drucker
- Incident Debrief: Jonah Lane Hostage Rescue, presented by Sgt. Wayne DuBois
- Panel Discussion: Maximizing Negotiations Effectiveness from Team Lead to Team Dynamics, presented by Pat Doering, Harry Drucker, Sean Pollock and Victor Torres
A complete agenda of seminars and incident debriefs can be viewed here: public.ntoa.org/default.asp?action=confagenda&confid=10.
In order to make the Crisis Negotiations Conference accessible to more members of the law enforcement community, the NTOA has expanded its registration options to include a one-day attendance package, in addition to the full conference package.
Conference lodging registration is also now open. NTOA conference attendees can book their stay by calling 877-800-4888. To ensure a smooth reservation process, use “2018 Crisis Negotiations Conference” as the event name when making reservations. Reservations must be made by Sept. 28, 2018, in order to receive the discounted rate.
Keep updated on the latest announcements by following the NTOA on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn and searching for #CNTPhoenix on social media.
For more information on the National Tactical Officers Association, visit www.ntoa.org or call 800-279-9127. Join the NTOA today and start receiving the benefits of better training and stay on top of the ever-changing and challenging world of law enforcement.
The mission of the NTOA is to enhance the performance and professional status of law enforcement personnel by providing a credible and proven training resource as well as a forum for the development of tactics and information exchange. The association’s ultimate goal is to improve public safety and domestic security through training, education and tactical excellence. www.ntoa.org