Opinion by James Kaleda
USA – -(AmmoLand.com)- This morning I saw a picture of the fires in California with the caption “Pray for California”, and the comments said things like “Let California burn”
Now I have family in California ….. I wasn't happy. I mean, diane fienstien says some things that makes burning the whole state seem reasonable ….. I guess.
But we do need to pray for California, not just because of the fires this week or the shooting last week. We need to pray for California everyday because there are gun owners there, millions of gun owners. There are probably more ardent defenders of the 2nd amendment in CA then there are gun owners in your state. California is that big!
Think I'm kidding? According to a survey published by “Injury Prevention,” a scholarly journal, CA has a 17% firearms ownership rate and with a population of 39.5 million that's 6.7 million gun owners plus their families. And that’s estimate is by what I suspect is an anti-gun rag, I suspect the actual number of gun owners is actually quite a bit higher. Even with the low 17% estimate there are more gun owners in CA than there are people in 35 other states. There are more gun owners CA than there are in 136 other countries.
Gun owners stick together right?
It's shocking to me how quickly some folks in the firearms community are willing to write off their gun loving countrymen. It must make the gun grabbers really happy to see that they can be as cruel and oppressive to 2nd amendment advocates as they like and the response of the gun owners across the nation will be to mock the gun owners left behind in CA. The gun bigots, in CA, must be thrilled that they can ignore the constitution and test their horrible laws with impunity before sending them out to the other 49 states (it’s happened before and you can expect it to happen again)
Now maybe you read this and think “well they must be lazy gun owners! They should vote…..harder” I assure that is not the case, one of the many things I've learned by speaking with gun owners is how the structure of California's government allows small densely populated anti-gun areas to oppress larger areas favored by gun owners.
I invite you to give a listen to my interviews with some CA gun owners who are passionate about our gun rights. We talk about the efforts they are making, their defeats, their goals and their accomplishments
- Naomi Moss owner of Greenhorn Outfitters, firearms instructor and hunter ed instructor: http://outoforderjameskaleda.com/naomi/
- Sam Paredes from Gun Owners of CA: http://outoforderjameskaleda.com/ep-36-sam-paredes-gun-owners-california/
- Michael Schwartz from San Diego County pac : http://outoforderjameskaleda.com/ep-76-michael-schwartz/
- Douglas Welborn from the Madison Society : http://outoforderjameskaleda.com/ep-53-douglas-welborn-madison-society/
So pray for California, for the gun owners, the American gun owners that are fighting hard to save their gun rights and to keep the plague of gun control from spreading to your home state.
James Kaleda is the host of the Out of Order Gun rights podcast, outspoken gun rights activist and Anarcho-capitalist. He’s known for challenging anti-gun politicians and his in depth interviews with pro-gun authors, gun rights activists, firearms trainers, hunters, and those who have used firearms defensively. He aims to dispel anti-gun myths created through media bias. You can find him at www.outoforderjameskaleda.com Facebook, twitter, minds, mewee. The podcast is available on itunes and pretty much everywhere else. James has also created the following useful sites for gun owners.
- Gifts for gun nuts – where you get great gift ideas for the hunting and shooting enthusiast in your life
- Nag your Rep – get your free guide on using social media marketing tools to automatically and systematically remind your reps about gun control.
- Sell More Firearms – where you will find a free guide for FFLs on using social media to increase sales