Wilsonville, OR – -(AmmoLand.com)- Crimson Trace is seeking a Manufacturing Engineering Technician to be responsible for performing diverse and often complex technical assignments in support of existing manufacturing and new product development.
Responsibilities may include: Perform research and development tasks in support of engineering and manufacturing projects, typically performed under the direction of an engineer. Prepare preliminary sketches, CAD drawings, engineering specifications and reports as required. Provide technical assistance in design, layout and material procurement. Assist in design and testing of experiments for product or process evaluation. Propose engineering changes to design or process. Perform acceptance testing on product and report on findings. Perform general manufacturing sustaining activity.
- Responsible for manufacturing process review, assessing manufacturability, and providing feedback to design/manufacturing engineering for new product prototypes.
- Responsible for assembly sustaining support including: initial assessment of component or processing issues, ensuring quality standards, verifying operator competency and providing access to product support materials.
- Responsible for maintaining and calibration of all production tools and equipment.
- May be responsible for the design, fabrication, and setup of special tooling needed for assembly and testing.
- Provides oversight and technical support for the Repairs department.
- Responsible for performing lot acceptance testing that may include use of laboratory type equipment to evaluate a product against specifications.
- Assess manufacturing process and design for cost improvement opportunities.
- Train operators on manufacturing processes, inspection methods, material handling, and line flow technique.
- Create and modify process instructions as required.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Associate Degree in engineering/engineering technology, or 5 years combination education and relevant experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years in manufacturing/electronics industry.
- Ability to read, understand and work with engineering drawings and diagrams, and written test instructions.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical concepts
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft office products.
- Quality systems experience desired.
- Basic machining experience desired.
- Proficient in CAD software (SolidWorks, ProE, AutoCAD) desired.
- Demonstrated teamwork and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work well with diverse employee group. Positive interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively and project a positive image.
- Ability to integrate into a culture that emphasizes people, continuous improvement, customer satisfaction, safety and integrity.
- Ability to work overtime
- Job requires manual dexterity and ability to lift up to 35 pounds on occasion.
- Frequent standing, walking and reaching.
- Benefits include competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for employee and qualifying dependents as well as 401(k) with company match, Profit Sharing
- plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, product discounts, and generous paid time off.