American Tactical Introduces Galeo Rifle

Galeo Rifle Black
Galeo Rifle Black

Summerville, SC – (Ammoland.com) – American Tactical, US manufacturer and world-wide importer of firearms, ammunition and tactical equipment, is happy to introduce the new Galeo rifle.

The Galeo rifle’s design offers the best features of the AK-47 combined with added upgrades required for Israeli Military standards. It comes complete with a U.S.A. made receiver and barrel manufactured in Summerville, SC.

All parts on the rifle except the receiver and barrel are authentic IMI (Israeli Military Industry) parts.

The Galeo is a 5.56 NATO caliber rifle with an 18” barrel length and a 1:7 twist rate. The furniture is available finished in wood (ATIGGALEO556W18) or polymer (ATIGGALEO556P18). The Galeo also features a side folding stock that allows for compact transport or easy sling carry. It has a milled receiver and comes with a Tapco branded 30-round magazine. MSRP is $1299.95.

Galeo Rifle Wood
Galeo Rifle Wood

About American Tactical:

American Tactical logo

American Tactical is both an American manufacturer and a world wide importer of firearms, ammunition and tactical equipment to the United States of America. Offering customers a broad range of shooting sports and defense products, they search the globe to bring the best quality and prices to buyers. In addition, they manufacture many products in the United States to offer American-made options in their vast product lineup.

Jack A Furbush
Jack A Furbush

How many AR15’s you can by for the price of one of these is not the point. This is an excellent combat rifle. It’s in use currently all over the world. The $1300 price tag is about the same in today’s money as the $700 was back in the 90’s That’s like saying you can by 3 of one type of economy cars for the price of one high end luxury car. The point is that you can now get one of these rifles again that can’t be imported because of these BULLSHIT gun laws we are getting from a… Read more »

David
David

Once I pin a time, in the 80s, one could buy a real I’MI Galil for about $700, but they were utterly reliable. One commenter noted the ARM model with the wood for end and bipod was indeed a boat anchor to carry, even though it worked in the sand well as an AK, but far more accurate.

tomcat
tomcat

For the same amount of money you could buy two AR15’s and be able to get mags for under $10.00. I don’t see a reason to buy this gun unless you want to hang a price tag on it like Minnie Pearl’s hat.

Brian
Brian
Reply to  tomcat

Would you want two $500 AR’s? These rifles are $999 at Atlantic firearms. I have owned multiple AR’s, an old colt and bushmaster in the 90’s and a couple rock rivers later on. I personally thought “higher end” AR’s were a gimmick until I bought a BCM. It’s amazingly accurate for a light weight rifle and that’s with burner ammo and a chrome lined barrel. I don’t own one of these but it seems like a nice rig for a fair price.

Rick Taylor
Rick Taylor

The IMI Galil was/is a great rifle, especially the ARM & AR in 308. But it did have some issues: The issues with the 308 Galil Rifles that I had were: 1) The ARM 308 version was heavy, especially if you had to lug it through the woods for any period of time. 2) Because the mags were proprietary it was hard to find additional mags. They were also very expensive. The last time I checked, an IMI Action Arms 25rd .308 mag NIB cost was north of $100 (I do know that IMI, had an adapter for the 223… Read more »

SoLitty
SoLitty

So many dumb comments here.

Galil is a brand name. There are many models of Galil chambered in different rounds. Google it.

Are you gonna call Springfield Armory and tell them “The Saint” is actually an Armalite? You gonna call Century Arms and say the RAS47 is actually a Kalashnikov? Is the Century C308 actually called a Heckler and Koch? No! Because different brand names. Smfh.

AR15 is a platform
AKM is a platform
Galil is a brand

Price is ridiculous though.

Son_of_Liberty
Son_of_Liberty
Reply to  SoLitty

Negative, IMI is the brand, galil is the family of weapons. Take your own advice and look it up.

patrick slaughter
patrick slaughter

Retail at Atlantic Firearms is $999. Already sold out. Some just want an alternative to the AR platform and others see older designs like this as an alternative to high priced pre-bans. If only ANY US company could learn how to build a decent/reliable/won’t beat itself to death AK/Galil receiver!

Tom Schaefer
Tom Schaefer

Someone’s Stinky ass is on fire… With greed.

Dustin
Dustin

Get your head out your asses blog writer. This is the Gaili. Israeli rifle. 7.62. Nothing new here. Unless it’s chambered in the pussy 5.56.

Jerry Miculek
Jerry Miculek

This $1300, overpriced Dreidel launcher can do everything my $499 AR-15 can do, except I have enough left over for a can, extra mags, some hookers and blow.

Jody Vance
Jody Vance
Reply to  Jerry Miculek

LMK when you get the hookers and blow I’m coming over. I’ll bring some rounds

John Watkins
John Watkins

Price us too steep. For that kind of $ you can get some really good top end rifles. Lower the price so e and it will sell. I like the look and probable functionality of the rifle.

Jeffrey L Jacobsen
Jeffrey L Jacobsen

Please send brochure

Ed Newbold
Ed Newbold

I thought the correct name of the weapon was Galil.
See:comment image
for a picture of an IDF soldier with a Galil.

Gunner
Gunner

1300 dollars yeah fucking right lmao

Bill gardner
Bill gardner
Reply to  Gunner

I don’t get the Henry thing, they are smooth and shoot well but heavy as a brick. I like my Rossi 92 44 ss 6 lbs

SG-1
SG-1
Reply to  Gunner

Thats what i see a lot of AR’s go fot so idk why you think thats a lot for something “better” than an AR.

Num1kneegrow
Num1kneegrow
Reply to  Gunner

Haha for real, they can kiss my ass for $1300

Kurt
Kurt

I don’t know why they don’t tap the gas off of the muzzle break. By the the gas hits the muzzle break. The bullet is out of the rifling. So it’s too late for any movement of the operating rod to disturb the shot. That should improve accuracy.

Andrew Abbott
Andrew Abbott
Reply to  Kurt

Look up a gas trap

DW
DW
Reply to  Kurt

Probably due to timing. The gas needs to eject the shell and feed the next round fast enough for follow up shots. Moving the gas block forward means it will take longer for the gas to drive the piston.

Gunner
Gunner
Reply to  Kurt

I dont think you understand how rifles operate my dude

Don Bailey
Don Bailey
Reply to  Kurt

, I would be curious how they handle the gas system issue, but if it is based off of the IWI GALIL, then that will not be a problem. Street value pricing on this rifle will work itself out the longer it out on the market. My best guess is that it will be an accurate rifle. Just guessing though.

Carl Maslowski
Carl Maslowski
Reply to  Kurt

Study the “Bang” system for semi-auto operation. I think this is close to what you are suggesting. The U.S. tested this extensively before adopting the M1 Garand. Germany later used a modified version in their G41 rifle. Neither the Bang or the 41 were successful.

Jeff
Jeff
Reply to  Kurt

If I understand your question correctly, the problem would be that there would not be any pressure in the system to cycle the bolt back. The further away from the action the gas port is located , the time for the gas pressure to act in the system lessens. (Look up dwell time) So if it is at the muzzle- you get no time as the gas goes out the muzzle. Hope that helps

The Destroyer
The Destroyer

Looks like an Israeli Galil modified to use Mil-std STANAG magazines, similar to the IWI Galil Ace model. A little pricey for what it is, but should be very reliable and accurate.

Lance.300Blackout
Lance.300Blackout
Reply to  The Destroyer

I don’t think it is a STANAG magazine. It appears to be galil pattern, with a provided tapco mag (30 rd, I believe).

Straight up galil 5.56.

The Destroyer
The Destroyer

If that’s the case, I would take the actual IWI Galil Ace over this Century clone! Magazine price and availability are important factors when choosing a firearm (for me, at least), especially in a semi-automatic MSR…

Jay W Grimsrud
Jay W Grimsrud
Reply to  The Destroyer

Semi Galil, $$1300?? Don’t think so!!

Green Mtn. Boy
Green Mtn. Boy

It would appear to be the vaunted Galil rifle

Dustin