Colorado – -(AmmoLand.com)- It’s a battle that’s playing out across the nation: states that are pushing gun control legislation directly against the will of the citizens are witnessing entire counties push back en masse, with sheriff’s standing up for the rights of the citizens and county commissioners voting to declare their county “Second Amendment Sanctuaries“.
These sanctuary counties are passing resolutions stating that no funding will be used to enforce unconstitutional laws and that the sheriff will uphold his oath to the constitution instead of enforcing laws that violate the Second Amendment. Click here to read full article…
It should come as no surprise with HB19-1177 – “Red Flag” Emergency Risk Protection Orders – looming, Colorado is following suit – and the counties are adding up fast.
Here’s where Colorado stands right now:
- Teller County: Passed resolution March 7, 2019
- Conejos County: Passed resolution March 7, 2019
- Kit Carson County: Passed resolution March 6, 2019
- Weld County: Passed resolution March 6, 2019
- Moffat County: Passed resolution March 5, 2019
- Montezuma County: Passed resolution Feb 28, 2019
- Custer County: Passed resolution Feb 28, 2019
- Kiowa County: Passed resolution Feb 28, 2019
- Fremont County: Passed resolution Feb 26, 2019
- Baca County: Passed resolution March 7, 2013, and a second one on June 28, 2018
- Rio Blanco County: Passed resolution May 21, 2018
- Otero County: Passed resolution in 2013, although they commissioners and sheriff are refusing to draft language specific to HB19-1177
The following counties are considering implementing similar resolutions, and many have meetings scheduled to vote on the measure:
- Prowers County
- El Paso County
- Logan County
- Huerfano County
- Elbert County
- Delta County
- Garfield County
- Sedgwick County
- Mesa County
- Douglas County
- Larimer County
GET DETAILS ABOUT THE ABOVE COUNTIES HERE:
Did I miss any? If so, let me know, and I’ll add them!
Want your county added to the list? Contact your county sheriff and county commissioners and ask them what their position is on such a measure. If they support it, feel free to contact us, and we can help make it happen.
In the meantime, make sure you sign our petition in support of strategic recalls! Click here.
About Rally for our Rights
Rally for our Rights is a non-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to defending and preserving the gun rights of all Americans through frontline activism, tenacious political action, and community outreach.