New Wildcat Rimfire Rifle from Winchester Repeating Arms

U.S.A.-(Ammoland.com)- After years of development and testing, Winchester Repeating Arms is proud to release the all new autoloading Wildcat 22 LR rimfire rifle. Designed to push the boundaries of performance and value, the Wildcat is loaded with features to enhance every aspect of the shooting experience.

The Wildcat is a straight-blowback, striker-fired design that uses a hemispheric firing pin for extra reliability with rimfire ammunition. The extensive use of rugged polymer construction contributes to a weight of approximately four pounds. The lower receiver assembly houses the bolt and fire control group, and is easily removed with the push of a button. Once removed, the bore can be cleaned from the chamber end to help prevent damaging the barrel rifling.

The LOWER RECEIVER ASSEMBLY of the Wildcat™ is easily removed from the upper assembly by pushing a single button located at the rear of the upper assembly with your finger. No tools are required. The MANUAL SAFETY BUTTON is easily reversible so it’s perfect for both right- and left-handed shooters.
The LOWER RECEIVER ASSEMBLY of the Wildcat is easily removed from the upper assembly by pushing a single button located at the rear of the upper assembly with your finger. No tools are required. The MANUAL SAFETY BUTTON is easily reversible so it’s perfect for both right- and left-handed shooters.

Among the many features of the Wildcat is a 10-round rotary-style, polymer magazine that is easy to load, locks the bolt open after the last round is fired and can be ejected using either the side-mounted rails or the release tab in front of the magazine. The Wildcat is also compatible with aftermarket 10/22 magazines.

The ROTARY MAGAZINE has metal feed lips that offer longer life and more reliable feeding. The magazine activates the bolt stop system to lock the bolt open after the last shot for safety and convenience. One 10-round magazine is included. Additional magazines are also available from your Winchester Repeating Arms retailer.
The Wildcat also accepts a wide range of aftermarket magazines that are compatible with the 10/22.

Other notable features include a striking-looking composite stock that is comfortable for a wide range of shooters to shoulder. The close radius pistol grip enhances finger to trigger reach. A ghost ring rear sight and ramped front sight offer fast target acquisition and an integrated Picatinny optics rail allows for the attachment of optics. The integrated Picatinny rail allows a bipod, light or laser to be easily mounted. Sling mounts are built into the stock.

New Wildcat Rimfire Rifle from Winchester Repeating Arms

The Wildcat is available for a suggested retail of $249.99.

Features:

• Easily removable lower receiver assembly
  • Upper receiver with integrated Picatinny optics rail
  • Ambidextrous synthetic stock with integrated sling mounts and Picatinny accessory rail
  • 10-round rotary style magazine with last round bolt hold open
  • 18″ precision button-rifled chromoly steel barrel with recessed target crown

For more information on Winchester Firearms, visit winchesterguns.com.

Robert
Robert
1 year ago

I can’t wait to get hold of one of these to try it out, it might be a great little rifle, I will know after I have it for a while. I will give it chance. I bought a Remington nylon 66 black and chrome in 1960, I liked it so much I went back and bought the brown and blue one. I still have both after many bricks of ammo through the brown one it started to lose accuracy I thought it was wore out, I couldn’t see much rifling left in the barrel, but after soaking with lead… Read more »

Jody
Jody
1 year ago

You reckon the ol’ boys in the 1870’s were saying the same things about the new fangled metallic cartridges? They look like toys, they aren’t reliable, they’re too dang heavy to carry, a real man loads his own powder, etc. etc. Technology will always advance and leave prior protocols behind. I’m in my 70’s and I like the new Wildcat. Grew up with wood stocks and solid steel but a 4 lb. 22 with an 18″ barrel would be wicked fast to deploy. A lot of time and effort obviously went into it’s design and it has a lot of… Read more »

Scotty Gunn
Scotty Gunn
1 year ago

$250 for a plastic gun that tries to copy a 10/22? I can find 10/22’s all day long for $250 for a base model. So, why buy this plastic monstrosity?

Jo Ann
Jo Ann
1 year ago

Odd. I bought a Winchester Turkish-made “Wildcat” .22 rifle several years ago; bolt action, very nice wood, and one of the prettiest little guns I’ve ever seen. Same name, very different looks/action, extremely accurate. Odd to name this one the same.

GREGORY L KNOX
GREGORY L KNOX
1 year ago

I’d classify this as the Black Swan of 22 LR Rifles (Ugly Duckling but seems to perform). $250 seems high for a 22 LR that doesn’t look much more than a Matell Saturday Morning TV Western rifle. I have 10 Ruger 10-22’s, and I’m not a fan of the plastic rotary magazine.

Sam
Sam
1 year ago

Some nice features in there but the “styling” leaves me gagging

Zane
Zane
1 year ago

just appears to be another attempt to boost sales another lack luster plastic 22 how original heaven forbid someone actually design a new rifle from the cartridge up seems like there’s more money to be made in producing an original product these days something that is completely different from the same old tried and true predictable cash flow generating marketing ploys just a new angle on the same tired old product

Curt Freund
Curt Freund
1 year ago

If you think that, You must almost certainly be under 30 years old. Garbage compared to what manufacturers used to turn out….

Curt Freund
Curt Freund
1 year ago

Nice….another cheap plastic P.O.S.
Remember when guns were made with quality materials? ….So tired of looking at this garbage ….

TXHunter
TXHunter
1 year ago

Needs a threaded barrel so you can add a can!

AggregatVier
AggregatVier
1 year ago

It looks like the front sight is lower than the rear sight (they’re not on the same plane).

William Thomas
William Thomas
Reply to  AggregatVier

IT LOOKS LIKE A GREAT GUN .I LIKE IT.

Robert
Robert
Reply to  AggregatVier

Cheep cheesy plastic toy rifles
Stock is a tupperware special.matte finish opps glass beaded then spraypaint semi gloss

Charles Moore
Charles Moore
Reply to  AggregatVier

A front sight HAS to be lower for the same reason that a scope is not parallel to the bore, but is mounted so that it is higher at the rear. If center of bore and line-of sight are parallel, it is impossible to sight-in. The two MUST cross each other. TWICE.

Ward Barnes
Ward Barnes
Reply to  Charles Moore

Thanks. I was just looking at my scope mounted AR and it looked funny to me. Now I know it is supposed to.

RicksterAR
RicksterAR

Turkish winchester ??

Nitecat
Nitecat
1 year ago

I was interested in it until I found out they are made in Turkey.

Armed Bear
Armed Bear
1 year ago

The Remington Nylon 66 ran into the same comments in 1959 only there wasn’t social media for people to run their mouths as if they are the final authority. If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. Ever pin fired firearm shares similarities with the ones before it. I own Marlin, Remington, Winchester, Ruger, Mossberg and Savage .22’s. all shoot well. Accuracy wise, the 20/22 falls dead last and lives in a safe. My 1961 Remington 66 still runs great but after almost 60 years of shooting is losing it’s tack driver status. I really dislike people that feel a… Read more »

Gary S.
Gary S.
Reply to  Armed Bear

I’m with you brother!

Scotty Gunn
Scotty Gunn
Reply to  Armed Bear

The Nylon 66 was unique but a plastic piece of crap.

Oneshotwonder
Oneshotwonder
Reply to  Scotty Gunn

Still own the one I got as a Birthday present back in the 70’s and I can still knock clay pigeons down with it. My new 10/22’s don’t even compare in reliability with the Nylon 66. Jam after jam after jam. Even running high dollar ammo. My Nylon will shoot any of them, and out shoot any other semi auto .22 that’s in my safe.

Ejharb
Ejharb
Reply to  Armed Bear

See this on guns america news,h8trs look lame there as they do here. And tech marches on

Kenneth Jamme
Kenneth Jamme
1 year ago

That’s just a plain ugly gun

TommyJay
TommyJay
1 year ago

No it doesn’t look like grandad’s 30-06. But I like it a lot, if it is as accurate as a 10/22, which I already own.

Scott A Hermann
Scott A Hermann
1 year ago

Where’s that super cool target come from?

Rimfire shooter
Rimfire shooter
1 year ago

Winchester, bring out a version in 25 Stevens. It would be a interesting rifle.

Steve Pi
Steve Pi
1 year ago

Neck up the 17 wsm to .25 cal . Would be a perfect small to medium game round .

Rock
Rock
1 year ago

I see everything has to go through the “do *I* like that” MODERATOR now, another comment section has been neutered I see… Sad.

Wild Bill
Wild Bill
Reply to  Rock

, Me too, strangely.

Rock
Rock
1 year ago

Damn ANOTHER company copying the proven superior Ruger designs. Just buy the damn Ruger, get the original design from the start. JKH is 100% correct, it IS UGLY !!!!

Cymond
Cymond
Reply to  Rock

The only thing copied from the Ruger (that I can see) is the magazine. The receiver/action design looks complete different!
And honestly, it makes sense to use 10/22 magazines. They’re ubiquitous. Making a new magazine would be stupid. It’s like designing a new 223 magazine when there are millions of AR-15 magazines already in people’s hands.

RicksterAR
RicksterAR
Reply to  Rock

Rock , you took the words right out of my mouth. Ruger = tried and true , period .i should know , I own enough of their rifles.

Joseph Karl Houseman
Joseph Karl Houseman
1 year ago

That design does incorporate some nice idea but did they really have to make it so UGLY?

Old Sailor
Old Sailor
1 year ago

Who cares? A rifle should be functional, not pretty. Are you shooting it or displaying it? I’m sure you can find plenty of non-firing, pretty ones for display. Besides, those pretty ones are just going to get scratched up if you are taking them anywhere but the range in their nice soft cases.

James Abreu
James Abreu
1 year ago

Why don’t they make a quality product of steel and pretty wood that is appealing to the eye for Crist sakes I would be ashamed to be seen with that abortion guess they think we are blind as well as stupid god awful design

lolthisguyright
lolthisguyright
Reply to  James Abreu

look at this sour puss whining and fudding about….This rifle literally takes the best of america’s most popular rifle and adds all the out-of-box features that the 10/22 sorely lacks…at the same price point…and you want to cry about that? at least winchester is willing to point out ruger’s stagnant innovation with the 10/22 line. it was a good rifle, but given the amount of time it’s been out in the market, it should have had all these improvements that the wildcat22 has by now. oh well, winchester is taking a shot and lets see if ruger has a response… Read more »

Raymond Hudson
Raymond Hudson
1 year ago

Looks and sounds like a winner.. Just wish they had threaded the barrel. RH

Harold
Harold
1 year ago

Very nicely made so fare look like it should be an pretty reliable rifle the price is high for a .22 Cal hopefully it won’t be that much in stores , I may invest in one thanks for the video !

Walentin Kostenko
Walentin Kostenko
1 year ago

Very nice. A little high on the MSRP considering the cost of the Ruger…but expect dealers to be asking under $200.