DENVER – (Ammoland.Com) – Outdoor Sportsman Group Networks – Outdoor Channel and Sportsman Channel– delivered impressive audience viewership and ratings success in the first quarter of 2019. The networks’ compelling adventure programming, along with Major League Fishing (MLF) delivered staggering success during Q1 2019 with its first quarter ratings and impressions in key demos. Outdoor Channel’s overall Q1 2019 delivered its best performanceduring weekend dayparts in households and Men 25-54 since 2016.
- Outdoor Channel delivered its highest coverage ratings in households during Q1 in eight years during Total Day daypart (Q1 12-Q1 19).*
- Outdoor Channel delivered its highest impressions in households during Q1 in five years during weekend daypart (Q1 15-Q1 19).
- Outdoor Channel delivered its highest impressions in Men 25-54 during Q1 in three years during weekend daypart (Q1 17 to Q1 19).
- Major League Fishingand Major League Fishing All Anglesranked as the Top 2 programs on Outdoor Channel during Q1 2019 with Households, Total Viewers and Men 25-54.
- Median income among Outdoor Channel Prime Viewing Households was its highest in three years during Q1 ($60,500 in Q1 2017, $58,200 in Q1 2018 and $63,800 in Q1 2019).
Sportsman Channel Q1 2019 Highlights:
- Sportsman Channel delivered its highest impressions in Men 18-49 and Men 25-54 during Q1 2019 in four years during Tuesday Prime and Wednesday Prime (Q1 2016-Q1 2019).
- Sportsman Channel delivered its highest impressions in Men 25-54 during Q1 2019 in three years during Fringe, Total Day, Prime, Ext. Prime and Weekend (Q1 2017-Q1 2019).
- Sportsman Channel increased year-over-year during Total Day (+44%), Daytime (+47%), Fringe (+48%), Prime (+40%), Ext. Prime (+44%), Weekend (+46%) and Overnight (+41%) with
About Outdoor Channel: Outdoor Channel has been taking viewers across America and around the world on unparalleled adventures since 1993. Dedicated to the outdoor lifestyle and conservation, the independent cable network is a division of Outdoor Sportsman Group and provides a complete spectrum of riveting hunting, fishing, shooting and adventure entertainment. Outdoor Channel is the largest outdoor TV footprint in the country and is available in more than 50 countries internationally. Outdoor Channel can be viewed in HD and is accessible by broadband and mobile platforms. For program times and other information, visit www.outdoorchannel.com. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube. #WhatGetsYouOutdoors. #MyOutdoorTV
About Sportsman Channel: Launched in 2003, Sportsman Channel/Sportsman HD/Sportsman Channel Canada (added in 2019) are television and digital media networks fully devoted to honoring a lifestyle that is celebrated by millions of North Americans. A division of Outdoor Sportsman Group, Sportsman Channel/Sportsman Canada delivers entertaining and informative programming that showcases outdoor adventure, hunting and fishing, and illustrates it through unique and authentic storytelling. Sportsman Channel/Sportsman Channel Canada embrace the attitude of celebrating the Great Outdoors in equal measure. Stay connected to Sportsman Channel online at thesportsmanchannel.com, Facebook,Twitterand YouTube.#IAmSportsman.#MyOutdoorTV
Source:Nielsen Media, Marketbreaks, Live+7 AA (000s), Q1 2019, Q1 2018*, Q1 2017, Q1 2016, Q1 2015. Q1 2014, Q1 2013; Ranked based on overall program average AA (000s) for Q1 2019 for all programs with 5+ telecasts; Median Age among Persons 2-99, Median Income in households; Q1 2018 excludes the first two weeks for OUTD due to technical difficulties with Nielsen.
*Tied with Q1 16.