Bass Pro Shops Ends Relationship with Bluegreen Vacations Unlimited

Bass Pro Shops
Bass Pro Shops Ends Relationship with Bluegreen Vacations Unlimited

USA – -(AmmoLand.com)- A positive customer experience is paramount to Bass Pro’s mission. Bass Pro does not tolerate high-pressure or offensive salesmanship in its stores. One of our partners, Bluegreen Vacations Unlimited, Inc. (“Bluegreen”), has not lived up to its contractual obligations on this important point.

Due to this issue and other defaults, Bass Pro has terminated its marketing relationship with Bluegreen in accordance with the parties’ contract. As of Saturday, May 25, 2019, Bluegreen will no longer be permitted to market vacation ownership interests in Bass Pro stores.

Because this matter relates to pending litigation, Bass Pro will have no further comment at this time.

# # #

Media Contact

[email protected]

417-873-4567

Bass Pro ShopsAbout Bass Pro Shops

Bass Pro Shops is North America’s premier outdoor and conservation company. Founded in 1972 when avid young angler Johnny Morris began selling tackle out of his father’s liquor store in Springfield, Missouri, today the company provides customers with unmatched offerings spanning premier destination retail, outdoor equipment manufacturing, world-class resort destinations and more. In 2017 Bass Pro Shops acquired Cabela’s to create a “best-of-the-best” experience with superior products, dynamic locations and outstanding customer service. Bass Pro Shops also operates White River Marine Group, offering an unsurpassed collection of industry-leading boat brands, and Big Cedar Lodge, America’s Premier Wilderness Resort. Under the visionary conservation leadership of Johnny Morris, Bass Pro Shops is a national leader in protecting habitat and introducing families to the outdoors and has been named by Forbes as “one of America’s Best Employers.”

MICHAEL E
MICHAEL E
1 year ago

BASS PRO IS “FULL OF IT”! WHY DO YOU THINK THAT BASS PRO TEAMED UP WITH BLUEGREEN? NOBODY DOES ANYTHING FOR FREE!! BLUEGREEN HAS BASS PRO IN THEIR BACK POCKET!! MORRIS WAS ABSOLUTELY AWARE OF BLUEGREEN’S INDISCRETIONS! BASS PRO WILL BE CLOSING STORES BEFORE LONG! THEIR PRODUCTS ARE OVERPRICED JUST LIKE BLUEGREEN! I HAVE BEEN AN AVID HUNTER AND FISHERMAN FOR YEARS. I SHOP WITH MERCHANTS ALL OVER THE COUNTRY. I KNOW A GOOD DEAL WHEN I SEE ONE. BASS PRO IS A RIPOFF JUST LIKE BLUEGREEN. BASS PRO AND BLUEGREEN ARE CONSTANTLY LOOKING FOR A SUCKER TO WALK IN… Read more »

Steve Miller
Steve Miller
1 year ago

Johny Morris new damn well what was going on. You can’t be blind to the actions BG was doing for that long and not raise any questions. He was more than happy to promote Bass Pro any way he could.
Also, there is no innovation at BPS. He will take a new product that a manufacturer comes out with, then send it to China and have it made cheaper. BPS used to be competitive on products years ago, know he has his private label. I quit shopping BPS 20 years ago. I do and will support the smaller guy.

Jonas
Jonas
1 year ago

Ive have numerous run ins with them in the Portage Indiana location. All I ever had to say was no thank you and move on. I lisened to their sales pitch once and said no and that was the end of it. The next time it was the same person they remembered me and let me walk on by after exchanging hellos. Never had a problem with them accepting no for an answer.

Kenneth
Kenneth
1 year ago

i support Mr Morris because he has earned my respect thru his actions. my thirty yesr knowledge of Mr. Morris have shown him a man of ethics .Im just another nobody who has been around Mr Morris and witnessed his values. i count myself blessed as im sure many others have thur his aquaintense.

Billy
Billy
1 year ago

My wife and I got married in December of 2017. Did the weekend thing in Orlando. Then we went to the sales meeting. The presentation was an hour long. We were told they knew 4 out of 5 would not buy ,so there would be no pressure. It was tv he most stressful event of my life. The saleslady would NOT accept no. Called in the manager offered another deal. They really would not accept no or that I did have have $45,000 disposable funds. Still get emails offering me things.

Billy hill
Billy hill
1 year ago

Came out to enjoy a vacation, went to the “seminar ” wasnt sold, enjoyed my time. Key tricks, 1.)Dont be a pushover 2.) Say No 3.) Dont buy if you dont understand or think it’s not gonna change prices as the world changes prices. Meaning, they will say your pricing is set in stone yet this is a mirage due to inflation all around. Dont complain, enjoy a free trial and move on.

Doug
Doug
1 year ago

You all live in a country where “yes” and “no” are easily spelled, and understood..in fact, in every country worldwide they are easily understood in any language. No salesperson “lures” you in to buying. You regret your decision because you were weak, and couldn’t say no! You’re all adults, and nobody twisted your arm. Stop blaming someone else for your problems!
And take a vacation!

Lance
Lance
1 year ago

People who make negative comments about this company don’t know how it really works. Get educated!

Richard S Davis
Richard S Davis
1 year ago

Finnaly my family and I can shop in peace. At my location I’ve found that the vast majority of the store clerks are helpful, available, and non-pushy. The only exception were these timeshare sales characters. You would have to keep your head down, walk briskly, and act like you were having an animated conversation, and then they might leave you alone. As customers we shouldn’t have to do such things.

Angie
Angie
1 year ago

Those characters as you put it are people trying to do a job and feed thier family. Grow up, say “no thank you” and move on. It’s sad how people disrespect others so easily.

Dave
Dave
Reply to  Angie

Angie then if they can’t take the heat maybe they should get out of the kitchen and find another line of work. No one likes going into a place to purchase something and having something completely unrelated pushed at them. Yes I said pushed because they don’t want to take no for an answer and continue to pester even after you have said “no thank you” and attempt to move on and I see nothing disrespectful in people not appreciating this or in their expressing their opinion about it. People go in there basically looking to buy hunting and fishing… Read more »

Judy Garrett
Judy Garrett
1 year ago

I love my Bluegreen timeshare. We initially bought in through Bass Pro. No pressure. Sad to see this happen.

James Davis
James Davis
1 year ago

I was told many years ago that a time share was the WORST investment you can make. That being said when pestered when we shopped at Bass Pro Shop I told the people , ” I’ll take your vacation but I ain’t buying nothing”.. They didn’t care, thier job was done. So we attended their one hour sale pitch and as we sat down, my wife said ” the clock is running and like we told them at BPS, we ain’t buying nothing”…LoL The sales girl even tried to shame me by saying……” Well if you can’t afford it just… Read more »

Richard Hanley
Richard Hanley
Reply to  James Davis

Good show

GCru
GCru
1 year ago

I can’t imagine how twisted your arm had been to make you sign the dotted line. Take responsibility for your poor judgement. All I can say is to try to make better informed decisions in the future and if you get a bad deal try to make the best of it.

don henderson
don henderson
Reply to  GCru

We will tolerate harrasing sales people? Wtf their whole goal is to push the credit card sales! Doubt me, go into a bass pro around Christmas time That’s all their trying to do! If they would keep the shelves stocked and stop bugging me about their Damn credit card I would enjoy bass pro more

Ughcredit
Ughcredit
Reply to  don henderson

I quit working at BP a few recently. They have had a credit card for years but recently Octoberish, switched the card providers bank. So everyone who already had a card must now resign up for the new card all while aggressively pushing the customers who dont have one yet to sign up. This was a massive promotion that included building a credit card log cabin theme credit card sign up kiosk, and hiring employees, whose whole job roll was staffing the credit kiosks, think you walked by escaping the pitch, no they pushed for ALL employees to sell credit… Read more »

Mike
Mike
1 year ago

We went to one of bluegreen’s sales pitches…some years ago – we started to buy, then officially canceled the same day. Their own contract says that is fine. They gave us serious belligerence about changing our minds, and got nasty with us about wasting their time, etc etc etc, and I finally told them to shove it, back off now, and the top young jerk manager said it was okay, go ahead and let us change our minds and leave. What a slimey group, in my opinion. Then, we kept getting calls from their phone banks for years, trying to… Read more »

Tobyann turley
Tobyann turley
1 year ago

We also purchased a blue green vacation package while visiting Bass Pro Shop. There was no pressure as I tend to close up if I’m being pursued. It was a good experience and part of the reason we made the purchase was because Bass Pro Shop was involved. Sad they have parted ways.

Bill
Bill
Reply to  Tobyann turley

Kind of sad, too, when telemarketers stop ringing our phone…

Slim Pickens
Slim Pickens
1 year ago

They knew exactly what Blue Green does and for so long….just like any other time share program. Pretty soon you will see Bass roll out their own Vacation Properties program in place of Blue Green. BG was making all of the money and Johnny can’t let that happen.

Angela
Angela
Reply to  Slim Pickens

That’s exactly what’s happening. Mark my words.

Tom B.
Tom B.
1 year ago

Thank you…..I almost stopped going to the location at Arundel mills mall! Every time I would enter the store the sales people would hound the hell l out of you,then once you got away from one sales rep….,you run into another!! Left the store multiple times due to this!! Thanks again,ill be back soon!

Gwen
Gwen
1 year ago

We were introduced to BG through Bass Pro in Rossford, OH. We were not pressured in any way to purchase anything. We did buy into BG in 2016 and again, under no pressure whatsoever from the sales team at Big Cedar. It is the best investment we have ever made. We have gone on vacations that we would not have ever gone on otherwise. I hope that this will not affect our ownership, but understand that this was a business decision.

Laurie
Laurie
1 year ago

Please add us to the list for a lawsuit against Blue Green and/or Bass Pro Shop. We did get suckered while in Bass Pro Shop and did go to the Bass Pro Wilderness Club and did buy a BlueGreen timeshare that we wish we hadn’t. We would not have had we known what dishonest people they are. Maybe those of us that went through Bass Pro Shop can do something about selling ours back to Bass Pro Shop or back to BG like they said we could when we wanted to. They told us… “Yes… just come back in here… Read more »

Dee
Dee
Reply to  Laurie

Contact the BBB in Florida and your states Attorney Generals Office Consumer Protection.

Angie
Angie
Reply to  Laurie

You should always research before you buy! You are an adult come on now. Easier to blame others than to take responsibility for our own choices huh?

Dave
Dave
Reply to  Angie

Just curious Angie, who pays you for your comments, Blue Green Vacations or Bass pro Shops?

Daltech
Daltech
Reply to  Dave

I have to say that she’s right I don’t work in Bluegreen anymore, but did so for a while, and trust me that we’re actually one of the most honest and easy going salesmen that you can get from a timeshare industry that’s full of commissions and incentives, plus you’re usually able to go to this presentations and i actually went to one after I left the company, and let me go ahead and say it was actually funny and entertaining despite the fact that they’re trying to sell you on something, you’re more than welcome to say no, not… Read more »

james
james
1 year ago

Timeshare, the only thing that you can buy but will never know how much it will really cost you.

Monisha
Monisha
1 year ago

This is the smartest move Bass Pro has made concerning Blugreen. Total waste of money, scammers, money hungry, LIARS! I cannot wait to get rid of my timeshare.Thanks to Bass Pro for helping those of us FIGHTING to get rid of these one sided horrible travel scams, by cancelling your contract with Bluegreen. This only helps to prove that BG sold lies and pipe dreams, at a very expensive price point. You never get what you pay for

Barbara
Barbara
Reply to  Monisha

I thought Johnny Morris owned Both Bass Pro AND Blue green Wilderness Club !?!? They tell us each time we go all about him and the caves at Top of the Rock that he is excavating, etc. So does he or not?

K
K
Reply to  Barbara

Johnny doesn’t own Bluegreen or the Wilderness Club. Wilderness Club is owned by Bluegreen, however, it is situated on BP’s Big Cedar Lodge. Johnny and Bluegreen have had a partnership since the year 2000. The gifts that they give you when you do the trip are able to be used at BP and Big Cedar/Big Cypress which are Johnny’s properties

Marie
Marie
Reply to  Barbara

I am a Bluegreen owner and love all the vacations we have taken. Our understanding is that Morris controls 51% and BG controls 49% in the Big Cedar area. Many BG properties have no connection to Bass Pro. I was never pressured while in Bass Pro but the updates you can attend every 6 mo to a year can be a bit forceful. But they can’t keep you from walking away and my last update took 1 hr, I said no and still got my $125.00 Visa gift card for my time. It does not bother me to listen to… Read more »

larry
larry
1 year ago

thats wonderful for you if you would like to aquire more there property email me sill sell you mine

Rick Rasmussen
Rick Rasmussen
Reply to  larry

Finally, I hated being harassed by those salesmen while shopping at Bass pro shop

tomcat
tomcat
1 year ago

This sounds to me like any other time share outfit. They get you on the hook with a free meal or some other gimmick then begin to add the pressure. Some people like them but I, personally, have no use for them and view the salespeople as piranhas. If I want to take a vacation I will take it when and where I chose rather than be dictated where I have to go and when. These salespersons drink their own bath water, I think.

Mark Blevins
Mark Blevins
Reply to  tomcat

I sat and listened to their 2 hour mandatory pitch at BP wilderness lodge. I told them their program reminded me of a national lampoon vacation and a Poconos dirty dancing rolled into an over priced package. The left me alone and told me to enjoy the rest of my stay, which was on them.

Melody C
Melody C
1 year ago

I think Bass Pro should help us get out of our contracts since we bought it through them and it is on my
Bp credit card

Terri & Joe Wilson
Terri & Joe Wilson
1 year ago

Dear Bass Pro, I will not be upset seeing this entity depart from your stores. Year before last they caught me on a vulnerable day while trying to school shop with a 5yr old, 16yr old and an 18yr old. Yes I was haggard and worn out. They started their pitch by saying that I looked like I could use a vacation. Really good idea but don’t know when I could schedule one….then the price changed until it was too good to be true. They explained the look and check it out owning of timeshare etc. Although I said we… Read more »

Mavis Johnson
Mavis Johnson
1 year ago

Absolutely excellent! Blue Green is an oil and gas company as crooked as a dogs back leg. They market vacation scam packages on properties owned by the gas and oil company, then try and scam you into buying into their properties at hugely inflated prices. They promise you the world, deliver nothing, then dump the properties before halfway finishing their “development” project. Been there, been screwed, twice by blue green/amoco/bp.

TZAZ
TZAZ
Reply to  Mavis Johnson

Boy you sure have a problem with gas and oil companies, bet you still use their products.

K
K
Reply to  Mavis Johnson

I’m confused what “oil and gas companies” own Bluegreen Vacations because when I researched I found they’re a separate business owned by BBX Capital and they have more than 70 resorts that THEY own, not another company.

Judy Erickson
Judy Erickson
1 year ago

Has anyone started s class action lawsuit for those of us who feel cheated to join?

Freddy
Freddy
Reply to  Judy Erickson

The best class action atty Weil,Snyder in MiAmi 305-372-5352. I have seen the many cases they advanced on their clients behalf. Class action results.

Feel free to call them to see if you have questions. Obviously Bass Pro Shops terminated the marketing agreement for reasons that seem to fall in line with complaints I have read. Good luck.

I personally went to Weil Snyder regarding a case I was considering filing and they are very impressive.

Dorothy Jemison
Dorothy Jemison
1 year ago

Love my BG too. In fact we are on vacation now at Banner Elk with BG. Trick is…do not buy what you can’t afford!

larry
larry
1 year ago

do not buy from liars or buy something you can not get rid of

Zack Taylor
Zack Taylor
1 year ago

I have to call BS. My parents have been proud Blue green members going on 8 yrs. They are now premier owner and never have been hassled. The key is if you don’t think you can afford it Don’t Do It simple as that. Don’t badmouth people for doing their job bc you got lured in and can’t afford it just saying

Maria Grimes
Maria Grimes
Reply to  Zack Taylor

They said the same to us. ” We will buy it back”
I actually ask that while we were recording, now that I think of it.
I get what your saying about don’t buy what you can’t afford. But…….. They lie to you.

Bob
Bob
1 year ago

This is one of the reasons I’ve stop going to Bass Pro, these sales people keep following me around the store trying to sell vacation trips and such.

Troy
Troy
1 year ago

That explains why they called last night.

Austin
Austin
1 year ago

Good riddance! Those invasive slime-balls never stopped calling me. Used car salesmen, the lot!

Cynthia Moody
Cynthia Moody
1 year ago

Total lies and trap from Bluegreen. You go in wanting to get a vacation and come out of there having money invested in a building called the Blake in New York. They don’t tell you you have 10 days to get out to change your mind they they pressure you with high sales tactics and tell you if you don’t sign immediately they won’t ever ask you again that you’ve lost your chance this one and only time. They should be shut down they are lying to people about how it’s just about a nice vacation and I find out… Read more »

Eduardo Hevia
Eduardo Hevia
Reply to  Cynthia Moody

I’m totally agree with the wise decision of BPS getting rid of BGV.
Those people sucks. You have to be a lawyer in order to avoid hidden changes that strike to you without notice.
Thanks Bass Pro Shops.

John
John
1 year ago

it would appear Bass Pro knew, or had reason to know, prior to entering into the contractual agreement with Bluegreen, that Bluegreen failed to meet Bass Pros “now expressed” so-called high standards expectations, yet it still engaged the contractual agreement (not so fast patting yourself on the back Bass Pro, you have skin in this game). Bottom line, this whole mess should be on Bass Pro. Bass Pro customers were hoodwinked by Bass Pros marketing partner, Bluegreen. Bass Pro customers are now living a nightmare as a result of Bass Pro promoting Bluegreen. Bass Pro should step up and make… Read more »

Mike Dunaway
Mike Dunaway
Reply to  John

I couldn’t agree more! Bass Pro mislead the public as much as bluegreen because they obviously aware of there sales tactics or it wouldn’t have been in there contract not to. Some people may be happy with bluegreen and thats fine, i however tore up 3 contracts and tried to leave during there sales pitch only to be offered something better and greater….all BS! If they would actually give people a way out of this life long committment they wouldn’t have all these lawsuits and thats what i want, a way out! Bass pro should be liable for that as… Read more »

John
John
Reply to  Mike Dunaway

It would seem contracts based upon fraud and deceit are null and void and as such, challengeable.

I would think somewhere, a hard hitting law firm is grilling up a class action lawsuit to right the wrongs, seeking restitution and punitive damages.

Good luck in defeating the fraudsters and if Bass Pro is found equally liable in the process, so be it!

Linda
Linda
Reply to  John

We just returned from Kauai which Interval International set up for us from another timeshare and it was just as bad from Wyndham or maybe worst with all the bull hockey. It took us 3 hours to finally make them understand we were there for a vacation and not to buy. But– they have come up with a plan for you to buy with them and then if Bluegreen folds because of the lawsuit, you can come over to them and your points will mostly transfer. Every timeshare has its pushy salesmen (women). Our last 4 vacations have fallen into… Read more »

Klaus Von Schmitto
Klaus Von Schmitto
Reply to  Mike Dunaway

“….however tore up 3 contracts and tried to leave during there sales pitch only to be offered something better and greater…”

And yet you signed the last one it seems. Does no one have the nuts to stand there and laugh and say “I don’t give a &%k what you offer, I’m here for the free weekend and am not signing anything”.
For pete sakes, you weren’t being held hostage.

K
K
Reply to  Mike Dunaway

BP accounted for 9% of Bluegreen’s profits in 2018. Seems as though Bluegreen will be okay with Johnny Morris. If he didn’t agree with their business, maybe he shouldn’t have gone to them and asked them to help promote his resort… then they wouldn’t have been in 95% of BPs in the country for over 19 years. If he didn’t know the terms of his partnership he should probably fire the lawyers that had him sign on the dotted line, hire new lawyers, and sue the original ones. Morris won’t get off scott free on this one either. Guarantee there’s… Read more »

Kurt Schubert
Kurt Schubert
Reply to  John

What a clown. You should get your facts before speaking or making accusations. You are part of what is wrong with this country. Someone else is always to blame and they need to pay? Bass Pro is stepping up by saying no more. Thanks Bass Pro and Johnny Morris for all you do for the communities, nature and America!

Jerry Weatherholtz
Jerry Weatherholtz
Reply to  Kurt Schubert

I would agree that a lot of people will never accept responsibility for making poor decisions. It can’t be my fault. However I made this bad decision to buy BG. I take responsibility. My fault. That being said, nearly everything we were told was a lie. A flat out lie. Pure and simple. My fault for trusting these people. I did think more highly of them because of the affiliation with BP. I was wrong. It would have been a great deal if the promises made were true. They are liars. I don’t know how they sleep at night. You… Read more »

John
John
Reply to  Kurt Schubert

Name calling shows your level of intelligence or better said, lack thereof.

Comments made in response to this article by the vast majority is evidence of harm cause them by Bass Pro and Bluegreen, which then clearly reflect your egregious comments are insulting and offensive to them.

Moreover, free speech exercised, as here, according to you, is what is wrong with this country.

Maybe you a part of the problem; supporting a corporate entity which promoted fraudulent and deceptive marketing practices.

Cathy Pasek
Cathy Pasek
1 year ago

I have been a owner of Bluegreen Vacation Club since 2010. Yes many of the sales people stretch the truth.some of them are high pressure others very nice. We bought at Branson and had booked it at a Onaha Vass Pro. I do have to say our salesman was not nice gave us a fake phone number too. But I have learned to make beautiful vacationsWe have Bluegreen groups now that I have learned a lot from. Bluegreen is not a scam their resorts are better than any 5 star hotel you could ever stay at. From California to North… Read more »

Reply to  Cathy Pasek

You just keep telling yourself that as your $1000.00 or much higher maintenance fees keep going up. You will never pay that off. When you die you will leave your children to suffer with this never ending nightmare.
Best of luck.

Lisa Hampton
Lisa Hampton
Reply to  Rocky

Your children dont have to keep it. They can decline it. It wont affect them at all.

Richard Hanley
Richard Hanley
Reply to  Cathy Pasek

I’m a bronze,overdue on my $1500.00 maintenance fees,being threatened by BG. Would you like to buy me out for 50 cents on the dollar. Please, I JUST WANT OUT!!!0

Alejandro Daltech
Alejandro Daltech
Reply to  Richard Hanley

I’ll buy It from you

JW
JW
1 year ago

Finally! I hated having to walk around certain parts of the store to avoid these people, or be subjected to a pushy sales pitch that resulted in an attitude if I said no. Never understood why BP had these folks in their stores. I cant name another company that places time share companies in their own stores to harass customers. Otherwise I really do like BP, just wish their prices were more competitive. These days I end up finding the best deals online elsewhere.

Angie
Angie
Reply to  JW

Do you realize that Bass Pro uses Blue green to PUSH sales for Bass Pro owned properties, also Bass Pro own share in ever sing Blue green property? So BP is literally the ones making money off you r ‘pushy” sales people.

Rebecca
Rebecca
1 year ago

Glad to hear!!!!! Love Bass Pro hate Bluegreen. We are another couple who got scammed and pressured into buying something we can’t even use. We were lied to also. Thought highly of them because of thier association with Bass Pro…. Turns out that was so far drom the truth!! Trying to get rid of this for pennies now. Worst mistake ever made! NOTHING BUT A RIP OFF!

Angela
Angela
Reply to  Rebecca

Bass Pro owns 90% shares in BGV. BP also uses BGV so sell timeshares to BP OWNED properties. BGV reps in store are told by BP to PUSH sales to the BP destinations. If you feel scared or worked over you should point your finger at the right company!

K
K
Reply to  Angela

Bass Pro owns NO WHERE near 90% of Bluegreen. I’m fact, they own ZERO PERCENT. Bluegreen is owned by BBX Capital.

John C
John C
1 year ago

I didn’t have Bluegreen timeshare, but, I had another. I paid their ever-increasing annual fees and rarely was able to go to where I wanted. Had to plan 6 months in advance, not one of my skills. Finally about 3 years ago , I sent back their annual bill , and wrote on same ” I’m tired of your ever increasing Tax & Repair Etc bills. I WILL NO LONGER PAY FOR THIS…GIVE it to some other sucker. I’ve never heard another word from them.

JOHN FITZPATRICK
JOHN FITZPATRICK
1 year ago

Blue green vacations is the most crooked organization we have ever dealt with. They lied to us and misrepresented everything to us. We thought since Bass Pro was part owner, that is why we bought. We gave them more than 30K cash and for 2 yrs tried to go to Aspen and most we could get was 3 days! They told us IT would give us 2 weeks anywhere we wanted to go every year at any of their properties. What a crock. We feel sorry for Bass Pro and for everyone else who have dealt with Blue green.

Benjamin Warren
Benjamin Warren
1 year ago

Bass pro does jot own any part of BG. Your lack of knowledge in what you bought is not the fault of BG.

Klaus Von Schmitto
Klaus Von Schmitto
1 year ago

You gave a time share 30K of your hard earned dollars?????
Wow.
I’ll tell you what. You give me 10 thousand dollars, I’ll take the time share off your hands and I’ll throw in this lovely bridge in a well established neighborhood in NYC.

Bud
Bud
1 year ago

I wish Bass Pro had done this before they took $800 of our money. High pressure, dishonest, and about everything else you can call the crooks, they live up to. Can’t believe it took this long before someone woke up and realized they are not worthy of the Bass Pro brand name.

Alejandro Daltech
Alejandro Daltech
Reply to  Bud

They took it? Or you payed money for a vacation that you most likely didn’t plan to get but you gotta admit that if you got the package you would be having your vacation as they promised, you probably won’t take responsibility for your actions. But you did it anyways, no one else is going to be responsible for your money, sales people have to feed their families also, and that’s the way they hustle, they find insecurity in your actions and they use it to close you, to get you to see the value of the product/service they are… Read more »

Cherry Bowman
Cherry Bowman
1 year ago

I have owned bluegreen for 9 years and we are bronze and we have loved our ownership we actually paid off one and bought another one because we love it so much. All you have to do is tell them no if the ask about a owner update or to buy more and they will leave you alone. We travel 9 weeks a year and what we pay for it, is cheaper than paying for any hotel or condo if we had to pay for it 9 different times a year. People who own and unsure how to use it… Read more »

Reply to  Cherry Bowman

Nah, I think you are one of the sales people. Nice try though.

Larry Barnes
Larry Barnes
Reply to  Rocky

They might be but I’m not and use it regularly almost 75 nights this year. We make plans 9-10 months out and get to stay most any where. We have been to several sales meetings, and some of them are informative and some are pressured but we set through them to get our gift ($100-125) card which we are using this week on meals out in Wisconsin. Sorry you don’t like it. It takes a little work on your part to make it simple and work for you.

larry
larry
Reply to  Cherry Bowman

Alejandro Daltech
Alejandro Daltech
Reply to  larry

What’s your email?

KITZ
KITZ
1 year ago

We love our Bluegreen membership. One of the things we like is the low pressure sales. We always have the choice to attend the sales pitch or to pass. If we attend, we are compensated nicely with gift cards and perks. I’m sure that those who are eager to dump their points can find folks who would love to buy.

Reply to  KITZ

Liar,liar pants on fire. I have seen $30,000.00 dollar properties for sale for a dollar and they still can’t sell them.

Google it people!

Carl
Carl
1 year ago

I’m a platinum owner of Blue Green. I travel several times a month all year long and for what I paid I couldn’t travel like that any cheaper. I get $1200 a year from owner up dates and take advantage of all the perks. 3 weeks vacation without using any of my points. All the free upgrades along with my RCI I get every year for free where I take those 3 weeks and turn them into 4 months of travel. I just recently purchased Holiday Inn vacation point package that they just released this year which stretches my points… Read more »

Vanns40
Vanns40
Reply to  Carl

“As long as you travel and have a gold or platinum statis you will be very happy.”

And there you have it folks. Disregard every other word Carl said. As a matter of fact, apply that to all of it, which means that for, probably, 90% or more it’s a total waste of money.

It was a good sales pitch Carl BUT……

Reply to  Carl

Hi Carl! How can you sleep at night selling people nothing but debt?
Bluegreen will do anything to scam people. Please beware these fake owners are really sales people.

Flomac
Flomac
1 year ago

Piece of con artist tricked my 88 year old uncle have the 200 i wouldnt let him go to the corner store with the likes of you lucky we bought you for 200 instead of 20000 everybody gets what they deserve we bought you how long not long green bull

John
John
1 year ago

I was on the phone with customer service asking me to plan a trip. After 10 mins of saying, I’m not taking a vacation so stop asking. So the last question,” Do you have any questions”? Yes, how do I get rid of my timeshare with Bluegreens, I no longer want it and I want you to tell me what steps are needed to complete this. Yes sir, let me put you on hold so someone can help you with this. Hold one moment. Thank you for being a Bluegreens Vacation Resort owner. Music come on and I wait and… Read more »

Karen S Scott
Karen S Scott
1 year ago

What does this mean for Bluegreen owners who have a timeshare which states 49% Bass Pro?

Cathy Pasek
Cathy Pasek
Reply to  Karen S Scott

It means you still own your time share just as you always did!!Love my !!! It’s a joint venture between Bass Pro and Bluegreen Corporation. Doesn’t really effect the vacation club!! If your a owner join our website Bluegreen Timeshare secrets!!

Reply to  Cathy Pasek

Sales trolls are hitting this hard today. They will say anything to trick you into this scam.

Billy Hatfield
Billy Hatfield
1 year ago

I too wish I could get out of my time share ownership with Bluegreen! They totally are a dishonest company! When we went back for our owners orientation it was a total joke. They took my wife and I back to a room by ourselves and it was nothing about how to use our timeshare! For two hours all they would do was high pressure sales tactics trying to get us to upgrade to platinum level! We would tell them no we weren’t interested! Then they would swap salesmen and start again and a again and again! Finally after having… Read more »

Reply to  Billy Hatfield

You will have to pay to get rid of your timeshare. Some pay up to $5000.00 dollars to get out of your timeshare.
I feel your pain since I had to pay to get rid of mine.

Klaus Von Schmitto
Klaus Von Schmitto
Reply to  Rocky

Or you could just stop paying it and tell them that you will never, ever, under any circumstances give them another cent. If they go to court and win judgment, you won’t pay it. Tell them there is no debtors prison in this country and they are not the IRS and there’s nothing they can do to make you pay it. It won’t hurt your credit score to have a write off from a time share either.

Dee
Dee
Reply to  Billy Hatfield

File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in Florida as well as your State’s Attorney General Consumer Protection Unit

Cory McKillop
Cory McKillop
1 year ago

I loved Bluegreen! I would buy $149 for 3 nights in a suite. I loves it. I got visa gift cards that I would use for gas. I’d get something from bass pro with the bass. I would essentially pay like $5 for a suite hotel. I’d spend 2 hours of my time for their sales pitch and simply tell them “NO”. Simple. No, nope, sorry. Then I would bounce, get another visa, fill up the tank and go exploring. Did this every 18months. I’ll miss those days of gaming BMI green.

Michael
Michael
1 year ago

Good riddance! A lady from this company at A Bass Pro store in Texas tried to pressure my wife & me into using them for a vacation. She claimed it would effectively cost two dollars per night after vouchers, gift cards, etc. Look up BBB reviews for this company.

Justin
Justin
Reply to  Michael

I wish bluegreen owners could sue to get out of timeshare ownership . I was lied to 100 percent of the way and I’m paying more In yearly fees then it is worth and was lied to about my yearly and they went from having inventory to only having higher point values 1st year . There are many problems with this company and I want out

Steven
Steven
Reply to  Justin

I had a lawyer call out of the blue ask me if I was lied to also they were getting people out of their contracts not sure if you can do some googling to find out more

Heather B
Heather B
Reply to  Justin

I agree. There is a Suit against them. They lied to us saying we could sell back if we didn’t end up using it. They said someone had just sold back some of the points during our meeting. They wouldn’t let us leave. They are horrible.
Contacted a company to help get out, but they want like $6,000++ up front.

Klaus Von Schmitto
Klaus Von Schmitto
Reply to  Heather B

Stop. Just stop giving them your money. There is nothing they can do.

Dee
Dee
Reply to  Justin

File a complaint with the Florida Better Business Bureau were there main offices and then contact your State’s Attorney General’s office consumer protection unit

Freddy