Latham, NY (Ammoland.com) – Vara Safety, a new tech startup in firearm safety, launches its childproof handgun safe for pre-orders this Friday, May 31st. Their innovation is named Reach and its unique design and technology has attracted thousands of people who own a handgun for home protection.
Reach is a hybrid between a holster and a gun safe designed for families who care about protection. The system was engineered for both safe firearm storage and immediate access in an emergency situation.
- A large biometric sensor that uses premier capacitance technology for accurate fingerprint data capture and high reliability. Add up to five authorized users, preventing children and intruders from unlocking the gun.
- A charging mount that keeps the safe plugged in for reliable power. The mount is versatile and can be used to secure Reach next to the bed, in the closet, under a desk, or in the vehicle.
- An internal backup battery that is rechargeable and holds power for an additional few months, in the case of an emergency power outage.
- A holster insert that can be changed out to your specific handgun model (i.e. Glock insert, 1911 insert, etc.).
- A mechanical key override as a physical means of backup.
Vara Safety is a mission-driven company, created with the intent to prevent firearm-related accidents in homes. A study by Firearm Storage Patterns in U.S. Homes with Children showed that 55% of U.S. homes with children and firearms have one or more guns in an unlocked place. Christine Tate, the Chief Operating Officer of Vara Safety, sees this company as “an opportunity to apply technology to a safety problem by creating innovative products that will save lives.”
Vara Safety has huge support from the gun industry with key partnerships including Project Childsafe, a gun safety organization by the National Shooting Sports Foundation. They also have support from the Smart Tech Challenges Foundation, a Silicon Valley-backed organization that has promoted the development of gun safety technologies.
“We wanted to create a new generation of firearm safety,” said Timmy Oh, chief executive officer of Vara Safety. “Reach finally brings a real solution for gun owners who needed to choose between locking up their gun or keeping it nearby and ready for protection.”
Pricing and Availability:
Reach will be available for pre-orders this Friday (May 31, 2019) with the first 2,500 orders scheduled to ship on August 31st, 2019. The entire system is priced at $299 but the company is offering a limited $100 discount for supporters who sign up early before launch.
The mission at Vara Safety is to create a safer home – one where values of firearm safety and protection are important to those who live inside. The company focuses on creating beautiful, simple, and highly engineered products and services that bring better gun security for families. Learn more at varasafety.com.
Related Links: www.varasafety.com