USA – -(AmmoLand.com)- If not for the NRA firearms would have been banned in the 1990’s. We all recognize the NRA is more than a political functionary, you help build our ranges, teach our children and manage our competition.
You are a $300,000,000 plus organization that simply cannot be replaced.
So I’ve waited to write this letter, having seen the good the NRA does it was and is important to gather all the information before voicing my opinion.
So here it is:
CLEAN UP YOUR ACT!
Just a few observations:
- Board members should NOT profit from a business dealing with the NRA. (No special deals)
- You’re too close to your vendors. When that happens, and there are no checks and balance, you end up overpaying for your services.
- I don’t care if you have some hot NRA intern that you’re keeping on the side but don’t like us to pay for her apartment.
- Remember it’s NOT YOUR MONEY! It’s your members’ money.
- Drop all the inter-family lawsuits and arbitrate your disputes. Stop wasting money.
So why should you listen to me?
I speak for the 100,000 NRA members that do the heavy lifting. We are your NRA instructors; we work with the FNRA to raise money for your charity. We teach your Women on Target classes and so on.
I speak for the boots on the ground and volunteers that make the NRA what it is.
Wayne, you’re losing us. So I’ll say it again, clean up your act.
While you’re at it refocus your attention to the 2nd Amendment. The documentary on San Francisco and the homeless was an excellent piece. But honestly, what has it got to do with the 2nd Amendment? We see this as wasted resources and loss of focus.
Sir, you and the NRA have done more to protect our rights and the constitution than any other group. We need the NRA – don’t screw it up.
Thank you for your time.
About Don McDougall
Don McDougall is an NRA instructor and member of the Los Padres “Friends of the NRA” committee. If he’s not at the range, you will find him setting the record straight with on gun issues and gun safety on AmmoLand Shooting Sports News.