Donations to the National Rifle Association

Opinion

NRA Fundraising
Donations to the National Rifle Association

U.S.A. –-(Ammoland.com)-  I received donation letters and a phone call last week from both the National Rifle Association and from the NRA-ILA, the Institute for Legislative Action. I wrote these letters in reply. I’m sure some people will call me a hater, but I want the NRA to reform. I bet you do too. We're told that we're the NRA, but Fairfax doesn't seem to be listening to us. We will see if money talks.

National Rifle Association of America
(Second letter to National Rifle Association of America- Institute for Legislative Action)
11250 Waples Mill Road
Fairfax, VA 22030

You recently asked me for money. I’ve donated in the past. I want to donate again. I will donate when Wayne LaPierre has left the NRA, and the NRA has severed all ties with Ackerman McQueen. I will donate elsewhere until then.

Rob Morse
Member number
Patriot life member

About Rob MorseSlow Facts

The original article is here. Rob Morse writes about gun rights at Ammoland, at Clash Daily, and on his SlowFacts blog. He hosts the Self Defense Gun Stories Podcast and co-hosts the Polite Society Podcast. Rob is an NRA pistol instructor and combat handgun competitor.

Jim Vetter
Jim Vetter
1 year ago

Agree with Oldvet and others. Remain a Life Member but not a single penny till LaPierre is gone and NRA is reformed.
We need a reformed NRA that is accountable to its mission and membership, and not a personal fiefdom for those in charge. My money is going to GOA, 2nd Amendment Foundation and State organizations.

Check out Firearms Owners Against Crime (FOAC) led by Kim Stolfer in Pennsylvania. FOAC and Kim are the 2A gold standard in every regard. https://foac-pac.org
FOAC is on the front line against the anti-2A forces in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic.

eugene caleris
eugene caleris
1 year ago

when we get new leadership I will then donate to the NRA.

Douglas Kline
Douglas Kline
1 year ago

TThese people get PAID how much at NRA !?! NOBODY is WORTH that much!!! These PEOPLE TAKE MONEY from poor people like ME/US and live HIGH on the HOG while I cant even AFFORD to pay MY MEDICAL BILLS on MEDICARE from my SOCIAL SECURITY!!! I GUESS its because I have a CONSCIENCE where these PEOPLE evidently DDOONN””TT!!!! STOP!!! THIEVES!!!! NRA LIFE MEMBER SINCE 1987. Out with the old!!!! IN with some NEW!!! MAKE EVERY POSITION IN NRA VOTABLE!!! NO MORE WAYNE!!

MikeRoss
MikeRoss
1 year ago

Agreed. I’m a Patron Life Member and have been a member of the NRA for over thirty years. I’m now disabled and on a fixed income but I still try to regularly send them a few bucks. No more, I feel betrayed by the NRA and won’t give them a dime until serious reform has taken place. The ridiculously oversized board needs to be trimmed to 10 or 12 people that have real power, regular audits are needed to ensure our money is going to protect the Second Amendment, and Wayne LaPierre has to go.

wildbill
wildbill
1 year ago

I recently wrote back to the NRA after their latest funding letter that they should get Fancy-Clothes Lapierre to sell some of his suits if they need money. My membership runs out next year and I won’t be renewing until Fancy-Clothes is gone. I’m a life member of the CCRKBA and GOA. They’ll get my donations. I hadn’t gotten a new membership card for 2019 so I called Member Services and asked for one. I told the lady that answered I figured Fancy-Clothes needed another new suit so they couldn’t afford to send out cards this year. She was not… Read more »

CoosaTotahK9
CoosaTotahK9

I concur.
A Patriot Life NRA member and a disabled veteran.

Mr. Bill
Mr. Bill
1 year ago

NRA needs to be kept alive to serve as the leftist punching bag. However, I need more effective use of my $.
I went with OFF (Oregon), GOA, and SAF.

Woodtick51
Woodtick51
Reply to  Mr. Bill

When my NRA membership expires I will put my money with more reputable groups

JPM
JPM
1 year ago

I’ve been sending a similar letter, response or verbal reply every time the NRA has contacted me since the late 1990s when I first saw LaPierre’s abuses of his position, the waste of donations and the lackadaisical opposition to gun legislation by the NRA under LaPierre’s control. Up until that time I had been a yearly member for over 10 years and was the first President of the local branch of the Friends of the NRA.

Matthew Thacker
Matthew Thacker
1 year ago

I’m really concerned about this. On one hand we have a blood sucking organization that’s been doing the same thing for over 40 years and it has only come out of the shadows now when we are on the verge of the greatest gun rights battle ever. Quite convenient isn’t it. I don’t like the way the NRA is run but it is the largest gun rights organization in the US. Guns America and all the others combined I don’t think can equal it. If Wayne LaPierre would show a gesture of reducing his salary, the members could have 51… Read more »

1 year ago

@Matthew Thacker And throwing unconditional support behind a Benedict Arnold for that fight is very wrong. Wayne must go, end of story. Salary cuts and caps should be put in place for the next, but Wayne must leave or be thrown out. We will not budge for gestures, Wayne must go. Further, It is a constitutional Guarantee to a pre existing right. That is why the NRA is failing and in turmoil, because it betrayed us on that issue. They have not been the guardians of our firearms freedoms as they stated so many times, they have actively worked against… Read more »

Matthew Thacker
Matthew Thacker
Reply to  The Revelator

And we have a president that has done the same thing with the NRAs help. Trump spoke of never compromising our second amendment rights but I have a bag here at home with a cut up bump stock that he owes me 289.00 with tax that was a serious misjudgment on his part. To me that was a violation of my constitutional rights against illegal seizure. Basically black mail. Destroy it or be a felon. Now he wants to end suppressors. Some 2nd amendment president he is. With his presidential order on the bump stocks he has opened Pandora’s box… Read more »

Free Helicopter Rides For Commies
Free Helicopter Rides For Commies
1 year ago

If you’ve been part of the gun culture this long you have either been sound asleep or you know that all this stuff that has JUST NOW come to a head has in fact been going on for quite some time. At least, you SHOULD know… That’s why WLP fought off Neal Knox in the 90’s to remain EVP of the NRA: Knox and his faction within the NRA were trying back then to clean house and get the ship back on course. Ask yourself this, however: With everything that’s wrong going on with the NRA, and as bad as… Read more »

1 year ago

@Matthew Thacker I spent a large portion of 2015(winter) and 2016 trying to warn people that Trump was not the Second Amendment defender they were trying to make him out to be. I was ringing the warning bell before it was acceptable to do so. Before that, I was sounding the warning bell against the NRA. I have been attacked left and right for both, but now I have this gigantic I told you so sign that floats in the air above my head. So here is the problem. You’ve been watching this for 40years. Watching……. And now that we… Read more »

Gregory Romeu
Gregory Romeu
1 year ago

DO THE MATH! Everybody keeps talking about the 5000000 membership as if it is supposed to be the backbone of the Michael break of our second amendment rights. Wasn’t there a statement made by character in the movie called The Patriot that said why would he trade his Liberty and freedom for one tyrant 3,000 miles away for three thousand tyrants one mile away? People all too often forget we’ve got over 22 million military veterans in this nation which far overshadow our 5 million NRA members and most at the drop of a hat will be on the front… Read more »

Reply to  Gregory Romeu

From the son of a Marine,
Semper Fidelis, and thank you.

Mike Hinds
Mike Hinds
1 year ago

We NEED the strength of the NRA. However, the NRA needs to get rid of the money-sucking corruption at the top, before I could trust them with another penny.
My dad (RIP) was a Benefactor – I’m not so generous, but am a “distinguished” Life member.
Wayne needs to go. We probably need Chris Cox back. We certainly need Ollie, and I’d like to see Allen West get involved.
Wayne needs to go, in order for NRA to heal and regain unity.

Reply to  Mike Hinds

Hinds.

Hard no to Chris Cox. He rolled out the video calling for and supporting red flag legislation. He should not be let anywhere near the NRA.

What we need is the leadership gone, and the board reformed first and foremost. From there we would have to decide if the board nominates candidates for the leadership role, or if we directly nominate and elect them.

Wild Bill
Wild Bill
Reply to  Mike Hinds

H, Yes, but that strength does not have to be at the NRA. People are simply sliding over to other organizations. GOA is above 2 million already. When GOA’s membership eclipses WLP’s cash cow, then we will have the strength that we need. It won’t take long and will be less expensive for all of us.

Will Flatt
Will Flatt
Reply to  Wild Bill

@Wild Bill
I know this comment is a bit late to the show, as it were, but if you happen to read this, GOA’s membership is currently at 3.5 million and climbing. I’ve been a GOA Life Member for 15 years now. With people not renewing NRA memberships, I project that GOA will pass NRA going in opposite directions in about 12-18 months. FYI.

Dave in Fairfax
Editor
Dave in Fairfax
Reply to  Wild Bill

WB, Agreed!
I’m about 1/2 way between NRA and GOA, depends on which way I turn when I get out to the street. I’ve been turning to GOA for years now. Friendly people hidden in an unmarked office suite, in a nondescript building, in an industrial park. The other is a large twin monolith. GOA doesn’t have the museum, cafe or range, but they don’t waste my money on themselves either.

Wild Bill
Wild Bill
1 year ago

, Keep writing, the more I read about GOA, the better I like em!

Dave in Fairfax
Editor
Dave in Fairfax
Reply to  Wild Bill

WB, What would you like to know? My only affiliation is as a member, but I’ll try to get answers. If you want to go back channel on this we can try to work something out. Perhaps Will Flatt can help on some of the questions. Many of your questions may be answered at gunowners.org or gunowners.org/join/.

Mike E.
Mike E.
1 year ago

I sent a very similar letter in response to the latest fund raiser. Not another dime until LaPierre is out and the VP salary is at least cut in half – which would still make it $500,000 versus $1 million. Not including the allowances for travel, wardrobe, & “other” expenses. Disgusting!
I’m a Patron Life member (VFW too) and the way the NRA treated LTC Oliver North makes me very angry. I may never give to them again.

John Dodd
John Dodd
1 year ago

Google NRA Beckett Brown International to see shocking articles about the now-defunct spy outfit and what they have done for the NRA. Four or more Beckett Brown International successor firms are in operation today…

AggregatVier
AggregatVier
Reply to  John Dodd

How Woodrow Wilson naive of you, yet again.

Carl "Bear" Bussjaeger
Carl "Bear" Bussjaeger
1 year ago

Looks to me like Ammoland provides a forum for many views. For instance, they regularly run columns by Harold Hutchison, VNRA aplogist extraodinaire and full-time surrender monkey.

You think the VNRA is excoriated here? Checkout The Zelman Partisans:

And not a socialist to be seen, unless one does a drive-by flaming.

David Walters
David Walters
1 year ago

I joined the NRA once, a long time ago. They showed themselves to be dishonorable blood suckers within a couple of months.

Never again! I don’t care how they might reform themselves. They’re not honorable.

FelixD
FelixD
1 year ago

Ammoland continues its excoriation of the NRA to the forum’s detriment. Just as Ammoland lost reader support by its continued tacit support of Backwater Hunters and Anglers, through continuous publication of the leftist organization’s propaganda, the site’s obvious commitment to the downfall of the NRA is working against it. Why does Ammoland find it necessary to act as a surrogate for socialists? Why support those who spread leftist disinformation? Do the advertisers support your attempts to undermine their sales?

Charlie Foxtrot
Charlie Foxtrot
Reply to  FelixD

Why do YOU find it necessary to act as a surrogate for the corrupt NRA leadership? I guess you are either part of it or closely connected.

The supposed “leftist disinformation” you speak of are documents that the NRA leadership said are INTERNAL DOCUMENTS and they are searching for the leaker. How can it be disinformation, when the NRA leadership itself says they are legit? Much of the information was CONFIRMED by the NRA leadership in its OWN court filings and public statements, including Wayne LaPierre’s expensive suits: http://www.savethe2a.org/why-reform/

Dave in Fairfax
Editor
Dave in Fairfax
Reply to  FelixD

FelixD, I’m curious, where’d you get the readership numbers?
Ammoland publishes both sides of issues, there’s another writer who always takes heat for supporting the NRA and another who gets grief for trying to be in the middle of many discussions. That doesn’t sound much like support for any particular viewpoint.

Reply to  FelixD

@FelixD

Funny, you didn’t have the balls to reply to me here and answer a few questions.

So now you are smearing Ammoland and Constitutionalists as socialists because your poor little feelings are hurt since we wont do what you tell us to.

So please, answer these questions.
1. Why do you support Red Flag legislation?
2. Why do you support infringements against accoutrements?
3. Why do you hate the Constitution, most notably its guarantee of freedom of speech?

tomcat
tomcat
Reply to  FelixD

@ Felix D
If Ammoland didn’t publish this information on the NRA their isn’t anyplace you would find the information on how this organization is misusing the member’s money. The MSM would only tell the worse, if any, about anything. If you don’t like reading about this stuff then just page over it. No body is forcing you to read it. There is a lot of good information published by Ammoland and a lot of good feedback by commenters and it doesn’t all have to do with the technicality of guns.

Green Mtn. Boy
Green Mtn. Boy
1 year ago

Not One Penny More until Wayne La Pee Pee and each and every one are his sycophants are GONE from the organization.

Wild Bill
Wild Bill
Reply to  Green Mtn. Boy

@GMB, I don’t know, brother, I would not hold my breath waiting on “Wayne and the Sycophants” to give up their cash cow or you might turn mighty blue. Hey, … hey, you could be the BlueMB! LOL. Now don’t take that seriously.

Green Mtn. Boy
Green Mtn. Boy
Reply to  Wild Bill

@ Wild Bill

I’ve been trying to correct the many ills of the organization since the late 70’s,just as voting .writing my feral representatives,I don’t give up and haven’t turned blue as of yet. I do like tilting at windmills though.

Wild Bill
Wild Bill
Reply to  Green Mtn. Boy

@GMB, Yep, everyone should have a hobby! Knock em dead, brother.

JMR
JMR
Reply to  Green Mtn. Boy

It’s not just Wayne, the entire BOD needs to go as well, especially the Marion Hammers.

Reply to  Green Mtn. Boy

That’s why I left the NRA entirely. Didn’t want my name still on the list they could call members, much less suck money from me.

Happy 4th everybody.

Oldvet
Oldvet
Reply to  Green Mtn. Boy

I Am starting a new way of letting the NRA know What I think of them .
They don’t listen to the membership , guessing they don’t read email’s , or letters either !
They always include a self addressed envelope they hope to see returned with a donation .
So I am sending the envelope back …EMPTY ! Hate to waste good envelopes .
All it costs is a postage stamp which they never include .
I am a life member and will stay that way sans donations .