All Mormon Churches Declared “Gun-Free Death Zones”

Opinion

Gun-Free-Zone Verboten
All Mormon Churches Declared “Gun-Free Death Zones”

USA – -(AmmoLand.com)- Mormon church declares: No guns in church. This is the new rule from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Note, it makes an exception for “only ones” law enforcement officers. Since the Mormon Church is always lead by a man said to be a prophet of God (the highest prophet since he leads the Church), this is a big deal.

Unless LDS members can challenge the authority of their President, they MUST accept this ruling as from God.

At least one Mormon I know has skipped church services in protest, and posted about it on Facebook. That's pretty bold, since in order to attain godhood and rule over your own planet one day populating it with children from your multiple brides in eternity, you must be a good Mormon, attend church services regularly, do good works, etc.

Perhaps he feels that since self-defense is Biblical, he should be able to defend his life and that of his family even in church, regardless of the new unbiblical doctrine disarming him.

That Mormon gentleman is jeopardizing his becoming a Mormon god, for the temporal pleasures of being armed in church! What is worth more – your mortal life here, or your life in eternity?

LDS President Russell M. Nelson once criticized U.S. laws “that allow guns to go to people who shouldn’t have them.”

Really, President Nelson? There are numerous U.S. laws that forbid the possession of guns to convicted felons, to those convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence, those who are mentally ill, and those who are addicted to drugs.

There is not a SINGLE Federal or State law on the books that permits guns to go to any of these people.

Even where a background check is not required as in a private party sale, the seller is forbidden by law to sell a gun to anyone who is forbidden by law to possess a gun.

Perhaps President Nelson is really complaining that there is no law that prevents criminals from breaking the law. If he can suggest one, that would be great.

If the fury over this ruling “from God” keeps kicking up dust, I predict another split in the Mormon religion.

About Phillip Evans:

The author is a self-defense rights advocate and member of the GOA, GeorgiaCarry.org, and FloridaCarry.org, and posts at PursuitOfPatriotism.Blogspot.com.

jack mac
jack mac
1 year ago

I find the acceptance by the LDS of the degree surprising and disappointing to the point of passing disgusting. Much the same as Utah allowing Mitt Romney to be a Senator.

Scotty Gunn
Scotty Gunn
1 year ago

Not bothered too much by this. It you buy that a guy only saw special plates from God, and a special rock translated it, and no one else sees this, then perhaps you shouldn’t be carrying a gun when you go to discuss this all…South Park might be liberal, but their take on this was hilarious.

Greg
Greg
1 year ago

I am a long standing member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and a citizen of the great state of Texas. I am an ardent supporter of the 2nd Amendment. I do hold an LTC issued in Texas. I have a HUGE problem with the Church’s directive in this matter. However, the articulated policy is simply in reference to an administrative procedure over building usage – not “doctrine” or “revelation from on high”. The article should have simply stated the facts without making sport of the beliefs of the membership. We are all in this fight… Read more »

Superman
Superman
Reply to  Greg

No thanks; I have no interest in unifying with a kooky cult religion. Nice try; no cigar.

Mike H
Mike H
Reply to  Greg

Greg, I appreciate your desire to unite on this issue and will always defend your right as well as other to follow your conscience. That said, in Christian love I must tell you that Mormonism is a false religion started by a false prophet. Here are just two of the many problems with Mormonism: 1. The self declared prophet and founder of Mormonism, Joseph Smith, wrote the “Book of Abraham” which was canonized in 1880. It was supposed to be a translation of Egyptian papyri. These papyri still exist in part and have since been properly translated based on knowledge… Read more »

Reply to  Mike H

H, None of what Smith wrote about has been substantiated by archeology, either.

Deplorable Bill
Deplorable Bill
1 year ago

I happen to run a security detail at a Church in Az. Some two months ago I met with a Mormon representative regarding forming a security detail for their parishioners. It seems obvious to me that another “gun free zone” is another invitation to disaster. History and current events bear this out. I dread hearing the news that will surely come. Dad used to say “You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make them drink”. For those out there who have more sense; there are federal authorities who can give info on particular threats to Churches and… Read more »

tomcat
tomcat
1 year ago

The Mormon religion has had a tough time over the years since it’s founding. It started in the northeast and they were run out of there and were run out of a number of areas until they reached Illinois. That brought them a big fight and that is when they migrated to Salt Lake City because there was no one there to fight with them about their non-traditional practices. They decided to kill a whole wagon train of people headed west and eventually the government came and took control of them. That control included threats of disbandment and jail time… Read more »

RoyD
RoyD
Reply to  tomcat

Don’t start none, won’t be none.

Tionico
Tionico
1 year ago

Not certain it is still current law, but I know some time back Utah had a state law prohibitng any guns in church. It was put there by some mormon politicking, I guess they feared someone was going to get jilted or knicker-be-knotted at one of their “elders” or higher ups, walk into church, and off them. I guess the mormons are now trying to translate their fears to the rest of the country. Won’t work. Texas used to have such a law, but that got tossed a few years back. When I visited with friends in that state I… Read more »

Hankus
Hankus
1 year ago

This just demonstrates how “unbiblical” this cult really is. Having been closely associated with a group of the “Mormon Mafia” years ago, I was fortunate enough to gain some insight into their peculiar strain of crazy. They hide in plain sight, but are easily recognized by someone who has been exposed to them. I’m not hating on them as individuals or a group, just calling it as I see it. There are good, kind and sincere people within the organization, as with any group of humans. Just visit one of the Bishop’s Storehouse locations and see for yourself. We can… Read more »

Dr. Smith
1 year ago

Just one point: Your photo shows a crucifix. You will never find a single crucifix either inside or on top of any Mormon church or building. Ever. Their symbol is always the angel Moroni, as described in Galatians 1:8-9.

Reply to  Dr. Smith

, Very cryptic. Couldn’t you just recite Gal. 1: 8 and 9?

Tionico
Tionico
Reply to  Wild Bill

Ah, you missed his trick, didn’t you?

He wants YOU to go find yuor dusty old copy of the bible, take it out, then find the passage and read it.

Reply to  Tionico

@Tio, I am always appreciative when someone assigns me work.

Heed the Call-up
Heed the Call-up
Reply to  Wild Bill

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any [man] preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Truth
Truth
1 year ago

The Traitorous Trump is at it again. His true colors shine through and it aint pretty. https://www.prisonplanet.com/trump-administration-considering-social-credit-score-system-to-determine-who-can-buy-a-gun.html Welcome to 1984 & Brave New World all rolled into one. Instead of going after the Big Tech Communists Tech Giants, he’s getting into bed with them for the purpose of determining who gets to buy a gun. Despite having the 1st Amendment of FREE SPEECH, we’ll be monitored for what we post. 2020 will be the end and we’ll slip into communism because ALL politicians, no matter what they say, are traitors including POTUS. I had hoped he’d be different but nope,… Read more »

Reply to  Truth

@T, Why do you want us to go to Prison Planet, so badly? Do you work for Prison Planet?

Scotty Gunn
Scotty Gunn
Reply to  Truth

Ah, a Never Trumper and a InfoWars idiot. Nice. Classic.

Montgomery
Montgomery
1 year ago

What a grotesquely offensive article. Is this a critique of the church’s firearms policy or a poor excuse to recite every bigoted anti-Mormon trope? I’m Mormon and I intensely dislike the Church’s no-gun on church premises policy (which is not new, only reiterated in response to Texas’ new church carry law). The rest of this article is pure crap. There is no religious community in America that is more patriotic, more pro-2A, more conservative, and more pro-freedom than The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (aka Mormons). Mormons regard the Constitution and America’s founders to have been inspired by… Read more »

Reply to  Montgomery

@Monti, Why are you a Mormon?

Montgomery
Montgomery
Reply to  Wild Bill

Yes, that’s why I wrote “I’m Mormon” in the 3rd sentence.

Reply to  Montgomery

@Monti, Yes, that is what you wrote. Why are you Mormon?

Montgomery
Montgomery
Reply to  Wild Bill

Because I believe in Jesus Christ—that He was the Son of God who atoned for the sins of mankind and was resurrected, that salvation comes through belief in Him. I believe that “Mormonism” offers the most complete and accurate understanding of Jesus, His life, and mission.

Tionico
Tionico
Reply to  Montgomery

yet mormon doctrine denies that Jesus IS God as well as man, despite the fact HE even made that dual nature very clear. If He is not both fully God and fully man, He cannot do what he did.

Montgomery
Montgomery
Reply to  Tionico

Mormon doctrine does not deny that Jesus is God. He self-identified as the Son of God countless times and we take his word for it, and we believe that he inherited everything from his Father, so that would make him full-on God. The Mormon conception regarding the nature of the trinity or godhead is different from many other Christians, but that in no way diminishes our regard for the supremacy of Jesus or His role in our salvation.

Montgomery
Montgomery
Reply to  Wild Bill

Why do you believe in whatever you believe in?

Reply to  Montgomery

I believe, for obvious reasons, in spent uranium rounds, A10 support, DivArty, and lunch at 1130 hrs.

BigD
BigD
Reply to  Montgomery

It actually is new as far as no WEAPON on church property. The wording before was ambiguous and I was more than fine packing to church when it said “inappropriate” where now it says “prohibits” all “lethal weapons”. That’s a very significant change to the policy and one that I may or may not chose to follow. One thing these commentors and this opinion piece author fail to realize is that commandments are different than guidance. The Church Handbook is “Church Policies and Guidelines”, not commandments pertaining to salvation. As far as this drivel from Philip Evans, completely on track.… Read more »

Heed the Call-up
Heed the Call-up
Reply to  BigD

No lethal weapons? Does that mean you must enter without hands and feet? Or just no arms? [pun intended] What about pocket knives?

Superman
Superman
Reply to  Montgomery

How did the stupidity of the Book of Mormon get published?

TheRevelator
TheRevelator
Reply to  Superman

@Superman

Same way idiots like yourself are able to get online and make stupid comments.

See also, “Free Speech”, or “First Amendment”.

CourageousLion
CourageousLion
1 year ago

Oh well, maybe more people will flee that “church” too. Seems like they all are loosing people because mankind as a whole is waking up to the fact that “revealed” religion is a bunch of BS from the get go designed to control the masses. Even the revealed religion of state worship and belief in authority is on it’s way to the dustbin of history. THANK the REAL Creator! Believing that someone has the moral right to tell you what to do if you are not harming anyone is immoral in and of itself. Can the “president” of that “church”… Read more »

Operator Z
Operator Z
Reply to  CourageousLion

How does this comment have so many dislikes? Jesus is King and I am washed with His blood. For God so loved the world He have his only son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life. I don’t need a church or a church “head” to tell me what is right or wrong in God’s sight. I can read the Bible for myself and I am and will remain a free man.

BigD
BigD
Reply to  Operator Z

Probably because it’s rambling and nonsensical knowing that church property is PRIVATE and not public and as such, is subject to whatever rules the owner (in this case The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) wants to impart. I believe private property owners shouldn’t be subject to you/me forcing them to allow something they don’t want. ie.: a business. Be a patron somewhere else if they’re too cowardly to allow a firearm on their PRIVATE property. Who are you (we) to impose our unlawful desires on private property? How is it different to have someone come to my house… Read more »

ras52
ras52
1 year ago

Mitt Romney must like this new rule from the church.

RoyD
RoyD
1 year ago

I have known a handful of Mormons over the years and I was not impressed. YMMV.

Reply to  RoyD

@RD, We care not a whit what the Mormans do. We will never be in their church facility. They will never be in ours.

tomcat
tomcat
1 year ago

I just got done reading an article from the Tenn. Firearms Assoc. and they are urging people to withdraw from doing business with Walmart because they have just partnered Bloomburg and his mommies against guns. They are going to quit selling hand guns and hand gun ammo along with accessories. We can boycott them but I doubt if it will hurt them.

Reply to  tomcat

@Tcat, The last reason for going into the Chinese outlet has vanished. Off to the gun show!

Dave in Fairfax
Editor
Dave in Fairfax
Reply to  tomcat

I just chatted with 2 of their support people. They’re not going to sell .223/5.56 after the supplies run out. They say that they can be used in SBRs and military style guns that have big “clips”. I pointed out that they use magazines, as most weapons do these days and that they weren’t SBRs. That’s when the 1st person hung up on me.
The second did it when I commented on her boss’ virtue signalling.

The good news is ammoseek.com. Up to the moment prices on ammo and guns updated every 5 seconds or so.

Tionico
Tionico
Reply to  tomcat

Ive been in many WalMart stores, most have had a gun sales department, NONE I’ve seen have ever had any handguns on offer, nor sold them. Handgun ammo, yes, no special laws apply to those except the limiting of age to purchase to 21…. but, all the noneteen year old needs to do is declare he has a Browning lever action rifle chambered in 357, or a carbine chambered in nine or forty. They HAVE to sell him the stuff because it is NOT for a handgun, but for a rifle as defined. Any solid basis for the “partnering with… Read more »

RoyD
RoyD
Reply to  Tionico

Your understanding of “have to” differentiates from my understanding in this scenario.

tetejaun
tetejaun
1 year ago

Salt Lake City is a sanctuary city and REALLY wants to be like New York.
Idiots.

TheRevelator
TheRevelator
1 year ago

Kind of reminds me of the Houston/Dallas area police chief who tried to cite his Christianity as an excuse for calling for gun control, and then tried to say anyone who opposed his views is against God. Last time I looked at scripture there are the 9th and 10th Commandments, namely do not bear false testimony against and do not concern yourself with the property of others. To make it even more crystal clear as it pertains to Christianity, Jesus offered multiple passages where he backed up and reaffirmed this. First, his comparison of looking lustfully at a married woman… Read more »

Quatermain
Quatermain
Reply to  TheRevelator

Excellent comment but Jesus example was for a woman, not just a married one. Be accurate please unless you add or subtract from the Word.. Matt 5:28.

TheRevelator
TheRevelator
Reply to  Quatermain

@Quatermain Sorry, doing it off of memory instead of popping open my bible for the exact wording. The brain makes mistakes sometimes. Learned when young that you cant know if your pastor/priest is lying to you unless you open the book and look for yourself. I can out argue and out reference a great many, but only because I am as my father made me. (PS~ Being accurate also depends on the translation. If you are curious, I use the NIV or NASB as they are direct translations to original text and cross checked multiple times. Also helps to have… Read more »

pieslapper
pieslapper
1 year ago

Who stuck their head in a hat to receive that revelation?

tetejaun
tetejaun
Reply to  pieslapper

A criminal, rapist and philanderer, Joseph Smith.

Vern
Vern
Reply to  tetejaun

He was also a Warlock. A leader in wiccan or witchcraft.

Will Flatt
Will Flatt
1 year ago

Proof that false prophets exist.