Ft Collins, CO –-(Ammoland.com)- On 9 Oct 19, in the town of Halle, Germany, a single perpetrator fired several shots at the locked door of a local synagogue in an apparent attempt to enter and massacre worshipers inside who were observing the Yom Kippur Holiday.
Not clear if his shots were fired at the door itself, or the lock. In any event, the door held, and the suspect was unable to gain entry.
The suspect then wandered about outside, firing multiple shots, at least two of which were fatal, one at a bystander near a nearby Jewish cemetery, and one customer at an adjacent restaurant.
Both victims were dead at the scene.
The shooter filmed his own shooting escapade, much as did the shooter in the Christchurch, New Zealand incident earlier this year.
He was heard to say, in English, “Jews are responsible for the world’s problems,” or words to that effect
He was arrested without incident and is currently in police custody.
Type(s) of firearms used was not reported.
Meanwhile, unarmed British Police flee from, rather than confront, knife-wielding assailant.
1) This shooting rampage went on for over thirty-five minutes, in the middle of the day, in a highly-public neighborhood of a developed city in modern-day Germany, and during this thirty-five-minute window, the suspect was never confronted, by police, by security personnel, by anyone.
“Instantaneous police response” to theses kinds of incidents is mostly myth, as we see. In the New Zealand incident, we saw largely the same thing.
2) Jewish parishioners inside the building, forcibly disarmed by the German government, were the only ones in a position to react, but had no means to mount an effective response.
3) Locked doors work! Had this terrorist been able to gain entry, the death toll would surely have been much higher than it was.
4) Armed felons are not confined to the USA. Even in countries like Germany, where the private ownership of guns (much less the carrying of guns) is all but legally impossible, terrorists seem to have no problem becoming armed.
5) You’re on your own, no matter where you find yourself.
“Security” is a myth.
“Police protection” is a myth.
“Crime statistics” are mostly myth, and irrelevant to the individua.
“The great enemy of truth is very often not the lie–deliberate, contrived and dishonest–but the myth–persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.” ~ John F Kennedy
About John Farnam & Defense Training International, Inc
As a defensive weapons and tactics instructor John Farnam will urge you, based on your own beliefs, to make up your mind in advance as to what you would do when faced with an imminent lethal threat. You should, of course, also decide what preparations you should make in advance if any. Defense Training International wants to make sure that their students fully understand the physical, legal, psychological, and societal consequences of their actions or in-actions.
It is our duty to make you aware of certain unpleasant physical realities intrinsic to the Planet Earth. Mr. Farnam is happy to be your counselor and advisor. Visit: www.defense-training.com