Gina Roberts – This Week on Riding Shotgun With Charlie #61 ~ VIDEO

USA – -(AmmoLand.com)- I’ve been running into Gina Roberts for the last few years. I’ve seen her at the Gun Rights Policy Conference, at Heller10, and at the DC Project events. She’s been asking for a while when is she going to be able to get in the stagecoach for a show. And finally at GPRC in Phoenix, we were able to make it happen.

Let’s get this out of the way. Gina is a transgender woman. And she’s now comfortable in her own dresses. She grew up as a man, had a family and raised kids. Seven and a half years ago, she decided that she needs to be herself. She says “I spent most of my life trying to pretend I was somebody I wasn’t” and now she’s her own woman. I think it’s great and I’m proud of and for her and to call her a friend.

Gina travels for her work as a consultant for servicing machines she’s designed. She’s always on the go and jet setting across the country, which is one reason why it took some time to set up the interview. I never know where she’s going or when she’s going to be there.

She shares her story about starting shooting in Scouts when she was young. That lead to competitive shooting as a teenager, which lead to joining the high school rifle team. She has done a lot of competitive shooting, including cowboy action shooting.

Besides being an NRA certified instructor, she’s working on earning the handgun combat master. And after taking 70 courses at Front Sight Firearm Training in Pahrump, NV, the other instructors talked her into becoming an instructor there.

When she was a young republican, she was able to meet Barry Goldwater. She’s stuck with her conservative principles even after her transition and learned about the Log Cabin Republicans. The Log Cabin Republicans are LGBT Republicans and straight allies who support equality under the law for all, free markets, individual liberty, limited government, and a strong national defense. She joined the Log Cabin Republicans and is now the President Emeritus of the organization.

She’s also one of the four DC Project ladies from California. The DC Project women head to Washington DC to talk to members of Congress about gun rights for women. They have a chance to address Congressmen and women who support and are against our 2A Rights. She fits in and the ladies have accepted her as one of their own. This past year, she was able to be a “squad mom” at A Girl and A Gun Conference.

At the time of the taping, she was running to get on the NRA Board of Directors, but since then she ended her run. She does share some of the struggles of the journey to get on the Board. She may run again next time. She does keep the Gina For NRA Facebook page going.

Here’s a couple of quotes that I enjoyed:

“My life is all about breaking stereotypes”

“I came out to the world as me and I never regretted it”

“I’m kind of hard to hide as a 6’1”, 250 pound red-head”

Please enjoy the ride with Gina and learn about her and how she got involved in many groups to defend and protect our Rights on many levels and areas.

Here are some links to their social media outlets.

• Facebook
  • The DC Project: https://www.dcproject.info/
  • Log Cabin Republicans: http://www.logcabin.org

Riding Shotgun With Charlie

Riding Shotgun With Charlie

Riding Shotgun With Charlie isn’t about firearms. Its about having an intimate conversation with 2 people talking. You’re the fly on the rear view mirror. Many passengers are involved in the firearm community, but not all of them.

This is a more intimate conversation than a phone, radio, or Skype interview. You get to see the passengers. And you’ll see where the road and the conversation takes you! www.ridingshotgunwithcharlie.com , Facebook

RoyD
RoyD
1 year ago

I watched some of the interview and I am going to call BS. Nothing about it strikes as true.

JFCrosby
JFCrosby
1 year ago

As far as I am concerned, and this is only my opinion based on a lifetime study of Scripture and common sense, he can live his life in any manner he chooses and I will not complain, insult, or point fingers in any way. But… God does not condone this. Anyone who goes this route must disavow God and His Word.

Dave in Fairfax
Dave in Fairfax
1 year ago

Gina, I’m sorry that you’re taking flack from some of the commenters. Your life is yours to live. I hope that you are happier after your reassignment surgery. Apparently some people who read scripture missed the part about not judging others.

1 year ago

@DinF, I must politely disagree. Paraphrasing the verse, it says judge not lest ye be judged. I accept the challenge.
We must make judgements everyday. Is that a bargain? Is that a dangerous situation. Is that a life path that is admirable or is it deviant, distasteful, and disgusting. Judgements are necessary. Judging this situation is morally easy.

Dave in Fairfax
Dave in Fairfax
Reply to  Wild Bill

WB, I agree that we make our judgements and are so judged. But our judgements, IMHO, should be kept to ourselves and known only to God. There are many things that I find unacceptable, but that doesn’t mean that I should make others feel the effects of those feelings unless they directly affect me or mine. Certainly not when stating my objections to someone’s actions will have no positive effect. I expect to be judged for my actions as well as my inactions. I see no point in treating people meanly for no purpose other than to do so. A… Read more »

Dave in Fairfax
Dave in Fairfax
1 year ago

Old Vet, She didn’t wave it in our faces, it was mentioned by the writer of the article. She was not the writer. She only came into the discussion after commenters made disparaging remarks about her. Comments about her beliefs have little to nothing to do with the article, they are attacks on her for no good reason. She is unlikely to change her beliefs because of an attack. Attacking any of us has never changed our views, if anything it makes us more adamant. The only thing that attacking another person does is allow the attacker to signal their… Read more »

1 year ago

@DIF, With utmost diplomacy, you write, “… our judgements, IMHO, should be kept to ourselves and known only to God.” Then you write this paragraph
You are a good guy so, I am not down clicking, but I will not give G the acceptance that he demands by referring to him and Gina or she.
As far as feeling attacked, he brought this to us. He better take off his feeling cap and put on his thinking cap.

@OV, Perfectly said.

tomcat
tomcat
1 year ago

You are what you were born with, like it or not, there is no choosing. Or should I say no choices except being sick in the head. It makes no difference to me what this tranny might comment to me, like he/she has to other posters. I just don’t care because it is wrong, not natural and immoral.

tomcat
tomcat
1 year ago

Sorry but you are what you are born with and there is no changing at a whim. There are two genders, male and female and according to the Bible God does not condone a third or fourth.
Get a grip on reality.

Gina
Gina
1 year ago

Wow, I thought pro-gun people were pro liberty, you know leave me alone and let me to live my life. Obviously you all didn’t get the memo.

Reply to  Gina

, And what about our freedom from being exposed to this kind of iniquity? You bait us in, by being an Ammoland article, then subject us to your brand of deviance.
Why don’t you leave us alone and let us live out lives free from your perverted concepts? You planned this.
Had I any interest in your twisted world, I could have sought it out, but you brought your filth to us. This article was a trap!

Chuck
Chuck
1 year ago

She is a He, no one cares if he wants to act Like a woman and dress like a woman, but that persons dna is a mans and always will be.

Gina
Gina
Reply to  Chuck

Actually you are in error, but probably lack the compassion to understand the complete issue. Trust being transgender is not something you would subject your worst enemy to.

Chuck
Chuck
Reply to  Gina

Show me how your DNA was edited in full to Change into a woman……. You are a man, you chooses to act and dress like a woman, its your right, you should have the freedom to do so, liberty is hard, i have no problem with your choice, but you are and always will be a biological man. Im not making fun of you, your choice or how you choose to live your life, but no matter how hard you want to be a woman, it is impossible, sometimes the most compassionate thing is a slap to the face.

Reply to  Chuck

, You are scientifically, intellectually, and morally correct. As the great American philosopher, John Wayne, once said, ” Life is tough. Its tougher if you are stupid.”

JPM
JPM
1 year ago

Nice. Another attempt by the media to promote and support mental illness. I’m so tired of the LGBTWZYZABC… whatever it is this week, agenda being foisted upon not just adults from every side, but now innocent grade school children. It is nothing more than an attempt to recruit new “members” since these sexual deviates can’t reporduce naturally. No one would advocate or promote being manic-depressive, schitzophrenic or psychotic as being normal and a “choice”, but that’s exactly what is going on with this daily promotion of sexual deviancy. It has gone from the ridiculous to obscene and now, most recently,… Read more »

Gina
Gina
Reply to  JPM

You couldn’t have a better ally against a radical LGBT community. You really want me on the pro-rights side.

JPM
JPM
Reply to  Gina

I don’t want anything to do with you and I damn sure don’t want you around children.

Superman
Superman
1 year ago

Yuck. With friends like this creature who needs enemies?

Reply to  Superman

, Yep, Clark is back, but this time he said something good.

JPM