Trump Derangement Syndrome on Steroids

Opinion

American Freedom Flag USA iStock/tracygood1
Thank you, President Trump, for standing up for America and those who still believe in it.-iStock-tracygood1

USA – -(Ammoland.com)- Trump Derangement Syndrome is not merely a cute-sounding phrase to deflect criticism of President Trump. It's real. It's palpable.

Case in point: The American Prospect's Paul Waldman gives us an earful about President Trump and how Trump is destroying everything that's good and decent in America. Let me share some of his words, which speak for themselves — but I'll speak for them, too.

“The impending impeachment of Donald Trump brings with it the possibility of something that has been in short supply over the last three years: accountability,” Waldman writes. “At last, you may think, we can use a constitutional process to proclaim at last that This Is Not OK.” Waldman goes on to acknowledge that Trump probably won't be held to account after all, because though the House will likely impeach him, the Senate will vote against removing him from office.

What strikes me is Waldman's unchecked assertion that Trump's accountability “has been in short supply.” He wholly ignores that Democrats have been feverishly pursuing Trump since he announced his candidacy. For two years, they've prosecuted a bogus case on Trump “colluding” with Russia, guaranteeing they had unimpeachable evidence.

They were lying, and their would-be savior, special counsel Robert Mueller, produced no evidence of collusion. Accountability? Why haven't the Democrats had to answer for their wasting taxpayers' time and money over this lie? Neither they nor their legacy media co-conspirators have uttered one syllable of apology to the American people, let alone President Trump, for dragging us through this nightmare.

Instead, they immediately pivoted to Ukraine. Here we go again — but this time, it's really serious. What is this, the fourth impeachment attempt? Why not? We now know from released transcripts that they've been planning this coup from the jump. We already knew it, but we've got the smoking gun. Will they be held to account for their election and post-election interference?

Of course not, unless their constituents vote them out of office for abuse of power.

Waldman continues: “This is one of the products of Trump's time in office: the contamination of our emotional lives. Trump has made us feel dread, despair, disillusionment, and a dozen other awful emotions whose grip it feels impossible to escape. And even if he loses in 2020 then slinks back to Mar-a-Lago to spend his days regaling his dwindling number of sycophants with tales of his matchless presidency, we'll continue to live with the effects for years or even decades to come.”

I don't know whom Waldman purports to speak for, but millions of Americans would find his words repugnant. Trump doesn't make us feel dread and despair. Bullish on America and fighting leftist insanity and political correctness, he invigorates our patriotic instincts. His policies have stimulated robust economic growth, which is hardly cause for despair.

Waldman details “the unceasing parade of horrors emanating from the Oval Office,” citing the usual litany of Trump's alleged sins — his oh-so-offensive tweets, his racism and his cruelty. It's just so exhausting for poor Waldman. He writes: “And how many times have you found yourself almost involuntarily talking with friends or family about some awful thing Trump did or said, only to have someone stop and say, ‘Oh god, let's just not talk about him for a while. I can't take it.”

What's exhausting is the ceaseless leftist noise machine railing against Trump. Leftists need to remove the smudges from their mirrors and see that they are projecting. They are the ones who have been vicious and hateful toward Trump from the beginning. They have wrongly accused him — and his supporters (half of Americans) — of racism and cruelty. They have contempt for all his supporters. Yet has Trump called them Nazis? Racists?

If you don't believe me, read Waldman's elaboration: “For many the mere fact that Trump could win in 2016 (even if he got three million fewer votes than Hillary Clinton) was reason enough to lose faith in their country in a fundamental way. Eight years before they had convinced themselves that Barack Obama's election meant America could be the place they wanted it to be: inclusive, tolerant, progressive, hopeful. Trump came along and told them that America was not that place.”

What? Precisely the opposite is true. Progressives are the antithesis of inclusion, tolerance, and hope. They are intolerant of opposing viewpoints, and they readily use the power of government and social media giants to suppress conservative speech and religious liberty. They bully conservatives out of restaurants and college campuses. They are anything but hopeful. Former President Obama's team told us the days of 3% growth were over. President Trump rejected the naysaying and gave us an economic boom, fulfilling his campaign promises and restoring hope.

The rest of Waldman's piece is even more desperate and bitter, but space constraints preclude further dissection. I'll just leave you with his closing paragraph, which encapsulates his TDS:

“There may yet be more to come, if nothing else in the form of an election defeat next year. But it's hard to escape the gnawing feeling that nothing we can do to Trump will ever make up for what he has done to us.”

To the contrary, Trump has done nothing to them, but they have done plenty to him. And he's done plenty for us — specifically standing athwart the extreme left's crusade to fundamentally and permanently transform America into a nation our framers wouldn't recognize.

David Limbaugh
David Limbaugh

About David Limbaugh

David Limbaugh is a writer, author and attorney. His latest book is “Jesus Is Risen: Paul and the Early Church.” Follow him on Twitter @davidlimbaugh and his website at www.davidlimbaugh.com

RoyD
RoyD
8 months ago

Why would anyone expect anything else to come from the mind of a liberal Jew. I don’t.

Vern
Vern
8 months ago

The last democrat who I remember standing up for the American people was assassinated November 23, 1963. He was assassinated by the democrats so Johnson could be president and turn the social security moneys into the general fund for play money for democrats. There were many things Johnson did to please the party but not the American people.

Reply to  Vern

,22 Nov.’63

Vern
Vern
Reply to  Will

I couldn’t remember if it was the 22nd or 23rd, thanks for reminding me. I was a junior in high school then. It was a sad day.

Reply to  Vern

,I was 9 years old. The 22’nd was on a Friday and I remember that day vividly,total recall. I don’t remember much about Sat. except family and friends were over all crying. Then Sun.24th me and my Dad watched Ruby kill Oswald live on TV while transferring him. Crazy and very very sad weekend !

Vern
Vern
Reply to  Will

I was in California then, my parents were separated and we were staying with my grandmother. I was listening to “Wolfman Jack” on KRLA when it was announced where the president would be that day. I had this strange feeling that something bad was going to happen, and it did. I would get that feeling just a few years later when in Vietnam, it was kind of like a sixth sense, when I had gotten it a couple times at first guys would rag me about fear. It wasn’t fear, after the first two times when I was feeling it… Read more »

Truth
Truth
Reply to  Vern

I was in junior high that day when my teacher walked hurriedly in announcing JFK was dead. I spent the entire weekend glued to the television set watching in dismay the events unfolding. That feeling stayed with me all my life. It has come into play on many events since 9/11 as it was this “feeling/knowing” that evil just got another step up on a ring of a ladder leading to the death of our country. Everyone should read “Dr Mary” Monkey” and Jim Marrs book on JFK’s assassination. Oliver Stone’s movie is quite accurate. Since JFK’s death, dem have… Read more »

Old Ch.E.
Old Ch.E.
Reply to  Vern

I was a junior in college and Mr. Kennedy when he wasn’t shacked up somewhere was busy, followed by the crook Johnson, trying to give me a vacation in southeast Asia. People our age had already figured that deal out hence the only way they could fill the ranks was mainly by drafting kids first not in college, then not married and then married but with no children and so on. I knew they would shut school down so I hauled down to my girlfriend’s, now my wife, apartment and spent a very nice weekend. I would never vote for… Read more »

Laddyboy
Laddyboy
8 months ago

‘waldman’ is a perfect example of the DemoNAZI’s ICON – – an “ASS”. I need say no more!

toomanyhobbies
toomanyhobbies
8 months ago

If I hadn’t voted for Trump last time I would this time for sure just to drive the mentally ill more crazy Trump 2020!!

Grigori
Grigori
8 months ago

Yeah, vote Trump, cause it is so much better when “our” guy is taking away our gun rights than when “their” guy does it, eh?

Reply to  Grigori

When has “our guy” taken away any of our gun rights ?,..eh ?

toomanyhobbies
toomanyhobbies
Reply to  Grigori

I still have all of mine… did some scam artist take yours in the name of Trump?

Reply to  toomanyhobbies

@Toomany,not only do I have all my firearms but I’ve purchased another 3 pistols and a rifle since President Trump took office.

Klim
Klim
Reply to  Will

sounds like you’re due for a shotgun or two.

Reply to  Klim

,I have two 12’s,one 20,and a 4.10,I do need to get some shells though.

Laddyboy
Laddyboy
Reply to  Grigori

There are TWO – – TWO mistakes that President Trump made concerning the Second Amendment.

FIRST – The “BUMP-STOCK” slippery slope which the ATF acknowledges that THEY do not have that authority to make a piece of plastic into a “machine gun”.

SECOND – His support for the “red flag” law / “EROP” law which boils down to CONFISCATION without DUE PROCESS!

Perhaps the DemoNAZI “investigation” WITHOUT DUE PROCESS will educate President Trump how IMPORTANT having OUR American CITIZENS’ DUE PROCESS. DUE PROCESS is not only necessary and called for but is DEMANDED by the Constitution of America!

Reply to  Laddyboy

,you’re right,Trump has said some idiotic things only after meeting with LaPierre. But he has taken no anti-2A executive actions to date. Clarification !

Bluemax
Bluemax
8 months ago

People who believe in God know what is going on in this world. It seems the people who don’t believe, worship the Government. The Government is all controlling and their savior. Not knowing the loss of their Freedoms and the Tyranny that follows. God given rights are not accepted by those who do not know God. All is needed to see is the violence of the non believers, as opposed to the moral and God believing Conservatives. I am not Preaching, just stating facts of what Tyranny is. President Trump has intervened in the middle of the non believers immoral… Read more »

Laddyboy
Laddyboy
Reply to  Bluemax

This system refuses to allow me to ^ you more than once. So, here goes: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!

Bluemax
Bluemax
Reply to  Laddyboy

Thanks Laddyboy, I have only stated the obvious. I Pray for God’s Grace to strengthen the morals of the world.

Reply to  Bluemax

,Amen brother!

StWayne
StWayne
8 months ago

Don’t make this about me and my corruption, when Donal Trump is the one on trial here!

Tionico
Tionico
8 months ago

has made us feel dread, despair, disillusionment, and a dozen other awful emotions whose grip it feels impossible to escape. This is a perfect description of how things went down during the reign of the kinyun, that indonesian pretender, not even eligible to stand as president. HE is the one has divided us like not seen since the Tory/Patriot divide of the late 18th Century. And when they tried to disarm the rest of us, we knew what to do and did it. WHICH president in all of our history has taken us further toward disarmement than any other, or… Read more »

Possum1500
Possum1500
8 months ago

This Waldman is insane!! He is exactly the type of person that he writes to …..Incompetent and delusional….no sense of TRUTH. And he fuels a fire that the left don’t want to be put out. They want total control over every aspect of our lives and at any expense (and any lie).

Laddyboy
Laddyboy
Reply to  Possum1500

The “representative” Mr. Sarbanes from Maryland Fits like a pea in a pod with Mr. Waldman and their communistic NAZI LUNACY!!

Possum1500
Possum1500
Reply to  JIAZ

God is taking out the trash finally….1st He got rid of Elijah Cummings, and now He’s about to get rid of Ginsburg. Thank you Lord!!

Possum1500
Possum1500
Reply to  Possum1500

Harry Reid has been put on the shelf after all his loud mouth antics….but now he’s trying to sue a company for his own negligence.

Vote Trump/Pence 2020 !

Ansel Hazen
Ansel Hazen
8 months ago

I’m all for restoring the Republic but we ain’t doing it at the ballot box unless some pretty extreme measures get taken. The propaganda machine that is the MSM needs to get muzzled. The election itself needs to be locked down and secured against fraud. I also won’t vote for a single politician unless they publicly state their support of the 2A without the “but” after that statement. Saying that and having a record of abusing the 2A won’t put them in the clear for me either. So ……………… I doubt I’m voting with a pencil in a booth anytime… Read more »

Ansel Hazen
Ansel Hazen
Reply to  Ansel Hazen

My sarcasm might be a bit understated? Either that or I use the word politician a bit too loosely.

SGT_Wombat
SGT_Wombat
Reply to  Ansel Hazen

What are you babbling about? I unfortunately live in Chicago

Ansel Hazen
Ansel Hazen
Reply to  SGT_Wombat

He’s talking about how Santa might sprinkle a little boogaloo dust around the country this Christmas.

Superman
Superman
Reply to  Ansel Hazen

Now THAT will show ’em! NOT!

hippybiker