U.S.A. –-(Ammoland.com)- I write a Christmas List article every year for the Knife Connoisseur in your life for AmmoLand News. If you don’t know what to buy your honey this year and he is an outdoorsman, don’t panic. All outdoorsmen use a knife, make those multiple knives, so they will be easy to buy for. But, you do have to purchase the correct design that they favor. If you’re a wise shopper you don’t necessarily have to spend that much. As you know, I love knives and write a weekly Knife Product Review for AmmoLand.
When I was a kid there weren’t but about five major knife companies, at least as far as I knew of. Now, ha, there are hundreds and more joining the ranks every month. And to top that off, there are more designs on the market now than ever before. Skinning knives, caping knives, boning knives, tactical, survival knives, and the list goes on. So I by no means will be able to cover all the cool knives I’ve tested but I’ll hit the highlights. Well, let’s get started.
- Diamond Blade Knives, either their Surge $289.00 or Traditional Hunter $389.99.
- Knives of Alaska the Pronghorn $89.99, Elk Hunter $89.99, The Legacy $249.99
- Spyderco Moran knife $165.00
- Diamond Blade Pinnacle II $199.00
- KOA Cub Bear $64.99
- Bear & Son Cutlery Genuine India Stag Caper $88.99
- Smith’s Consumer Products just came out with their Edgesport 6.3 Boning/Fillet Knife $24.99.
- Buck Paklite Boning.
- KOA Steelheader $64.99.
- Smith’s Lawaia 7” $28.99, Lawaia 9” $32.99, Regal River 9” $28.99.
When I think of an EDC, I think of an economical folder that I don’t mind using on cardboard, baling twine, etc. But I also threw in a couple of nice ones:
- Buck 110 Slim Hunter.
- Smith’s Furrow $17.00.
- Smith’s Adaha $28.99.
- Buck 110.
- Buck 110 Auto Elite.
- Lyman Pachmayr Snare Folder $32.99, Griffin $27.98.
STEAK SLICING KNIFE
- Smith’s Edgesport 8” Boning/Fillet Knife $28.99
- Smith’s Cabin/Lodge 14 pc. set $199.00
- Spyderco Paring (Utility knife) $40.00 Bread Knife $75.00
- Case 8” Bread knife $37.99
- KOA Bushcamp knife $109.99
- Case yellow Large Stockman $64.99
- Case Equestrian $78.99
- Buck has a custom shop so you can add a flair to your gift. I’ve never personally used it but they have a shop.
- Smith’s Retractable Sharpener $9.99
- Smith’s 6” Fine Diamond Stone $30.00
- Smith’s 8” Diamond Tri-Hone Stones $99.99
- Smith’s Diamond Combination $21.99
- Amazon Kindle “Knife Sharpening” by Tom Claycomb $.99 #ad
- For sharpening your kitchen knives, Smith’s Deluxe Diamond Electric Sharpener $39.99
As you shop, remember the reason for the season and have a Merry Christmas!
About Tom Claycomb
Tom Claycomb has been an avid hunter/fisherman throughout his life as well as an outdoors writer with outdoor columns in the magazine Hunt Alaska, Bass Pro Shops, Bowhunter.net and freelances for numerous magazines and newspapers. “To properly skin your animal, you will need a sharp knife. I have an e-article on Amazon Kindle titled Knife Sharpening #ad for $.99 if you're having trouble.”