Why Journalists and Politicians are Frightened by Armed Defense

Texas Church Incident Shows How 2A Stops Mass Shooters
Texas Church Incident Shows How 2A Stops Mass Shooters

U.S.A. –-(Ammoland.com)- Armed citizens stopped a mass murderer at the West Freeway Church of Christ. When we plain folk in fly-over country heard that the attacker was stopped quickly, most of us thought, “Praise God.” In contrast, Joe Biden said it was irrational to allow anyone to be armed at any religious institution. Some journalists said they were terrified that ordinary citizens could be armed at church.

Why is the emotional response from politicians and journalists so different from ours? We know something that they don’t know. Those of us who live in fly-over country know Armed America, and the elites don’t.

We know real gun owners-  We know real people people who own guns, rather than the two-dimensional cardboard-cutout characters portrayed by Hollywood and the media. With over a hundred million gun owners in the US, they are easy to find. Legally licensed gun owners are our friends, our co-workers, our associates, and our neighbors.

I have a news flash for Vice President Joe and the journalists. Ordinary people are armed. Millions of us carry a legally concealed personal firearm in public. Unless you live in one of the elite bubbles in the US, then you are standing shoulder to shoulder with Armed America.

Concealed means concealed. Oddly enough, Joe Biden and company can’t see what is concealed.

We’ve seen their good judgement. We’ve met Armed America and we’ve seen their restraint. We’re not surprised to learn that individuals who are licensed to carry a firearm in public are among the most law abiding groups that sociologists can find. That makes us different from Joe Biden and Co. Most elites don’t have a friend who drives a pickup truck, much less a friend who is a licensed concealed carrier.

We know and trust our neighbors- We have a positive opinion of our neighbors, our community and our town. We formed this judgement through experience. We’ve seen our fellow citizens solve challenging problems. We’ve seen their character under challenging circumstances, like fires, earthquakes, hurricanes and floods. We’ve seen a broad segment of society rise to the occasion and do their best for themselves and for those around them.

We’re comfortable with our neighbors. The media elites are only comfortable with other elites. Select law enforcement officers can be armed, according to the elites. Select bodyguards can be armed, according to the elites. You and I, average voters, not so much.

We actually believe in “diversity:” Our circle of friends includes people of all ages, backgrounds, and races. If you want to see elitism, look at the makeup of the MSM and at our elite colleges. If you doubt me, try to find a conservative-Christian-Republican male in the Sociology Department at your local college.

Also, consider the “diversity” of the editors at the Huffington post.

Looking for diversity in the wrong places

We’ve seen bad people do bad things- We’ve seen what criminals do. We’ve seen their effect on our family, our neighbors, and our communities. In our world, violence doesn’t happen in slow motion at 35 frames a second on a 60 inch screen; it happens in the parking lot at the corner store after dark. Our connection to reality is stronger than a TV crime-drama where the bad guy is brought to justice in 42 minutes.

Ordinary citizens like us defend ourselves thousands of times a day. We are not the easy victims the criminals expected. The bad guy meets Armed America and runs the other way. In that way, Armed America is making me and my family safer every day,  just like the defenders did at the Church of Christ in Texas.

Armed America frightens the elites. Maybe the elites like Joe Biden had better stay home and have their food delivered by Amazon so they feel safe. Don’t tell them the Amazon driver might be carrying. That might upset Joe and the mainstream journalists.

We’ll keep that truth to ourselves.

About Rob MorseSlow Facts

The original article with references is here. Rob Morse writes about gun rights at Ammoland, at Clash Daily, and on his SlowFacts blog. He hosts the Self Defense Gun Stories Podcast and co-hosts the Polite Society Podcast. Rob is an NRA pistol instructor and combat handgun competitor.

tetejaun
tetejaun
5 months ago

In the Huffpo picture above, remember, WOMEN ALWAYS VOTE FOR SAFETY & SECURITY. Looks also play a large part.
Sure, I know SOME few women, like my wife, vote for the Constitution and freedom, but in general, women will vote for security, handouts, safety nets, etc., over the reality of freedom.
You can trace the downfall of the United States to the day women got the vote.

loveaduck
loveaduck
Reply to  tetejaun

Now that we’ve reached the 21st century, you might try to get as far as the 20th,

Mike H
Mike H
Reply to  loveaduck

It may not be proper PC, but statistically tetajean is correct. Voting records clearly show women vote for liberal candidates over conservatives. And it is always the liberals who promise stuff for free and safety over freedom. Note how many more women hold offices in government who are Democrats when compared to Republicans. What this doesn’t tell you is that a major reason for this trend is the lack of good men. Men dropped the ball (statistically, not all men are jerks) first and caused this mess.

Dennis
Dennis
Reply to  tetejaun

I wholeheartedly agree with you! What people don’t understand is that you’re not insulting women! You’re simply stating facts! I noticed that when i saw what happened when women were getting involved with unions. Our power was weakened! The same as men getting feminized has “achieved”!

tetejaun
tetejaun
5 months ago

The Kenyan usurper and the transvestite, Big Mike, carry concealed all the time yet demand all Americans be disarmed.

Firewagon
Firewagon
5 months ago

A short review is in order. Almost one-third of the American population are gun owners. Just extrapolating the results at firearm competition matches, it is safe to project that at least half of those 100 million are more proficient with firearms than are the police! The uninitiated would have you believe that this ‘life saving’ individual’s ‘one-shot’ stoppage of attempted homicidal carnage is just abnormal. As in any segment of society, there is 10 percent of the ‘armed’ population that ‘should not’ be armed. An FBI noted statistic says that, on a good day, 75% of the shots taken by… Read more »

Ej harbet
Ej harbet
5 months ago

Most mondays you can get this wisdom straight from the robs mouth on lock and load radio with bill fraidy.

RoyD
RoyD
5 months ago

“Armed America frightens the elites.” This is because of something called, “Psychological projection.”

Rick
Rick
5 months ago

Maybe it’s just me, but I always bristle a little bit at the phrase “legally licensed to carry” or when the news reports that the citizen “has a permit to carry”. We should strike these phrases from our vocabulary since they legitimize the idea that citizens should need a “permit” to exercise a constitutional right– as if we are saying “It’s OK because he has a permit.”

Wild Bill
Wild Bill
Reply to  Rick

, Your instincts are correct. The very phrase increases government power over us … unconstitutionally!

Whatzit
Whatzit
Reply to  Rick

Yeah, I had the exact same reaction. Why is a license necessary for anyone to exercise a God-given right?

Firewagon
Firewagon
Reply to  Whatzit

YMMV, but my ‘credo’ says: ‘I will obey no man-made law that would deny me my ‘God Given Right’ to self-defense of myself or others by any appropriate means, ANYWHERE!’ That dastardly 2nd Amendment is appreciated but NOT required.

tetejaun
tetejaun
Reply to  Firewagon

EXACTLY!
I carry always.

Heed the Call-up
Heed the Call-up
Reply to  Firewagon

Firewagon, the 2A does not “give”, nor “grant” any rights. It states that the RKBA “shall not be infringed”. It is a prohibition on our government on an existing, inalienable and natural right. So, yes, it isn’t “needed”, and that was a debate the Founding Fathers had, whether or not it needed to be included. It was understood by all of them that the RKBA pre-existed our government and was an incontrovertible truth, a Natural Right, beyond any government control or law of man.

American Patriot
American Patriot
Reply to  Rick

I’d like to hear the end of a news story saying “This report was written by a licensed journalist”.

Arizona
Arizona
Reply to  Rick

I have a Constitutional right to carry, and AZ is smart enough to recognize that fact. Reporters are mostly left wing types, so they will keep pushing their propaganda.

drderek
drderek
Reply to  Rick

You’re correct, but I would like to add to your sentence: “…the idea that citizens should need a “permit” to exercise a natural right (of self-defense for country, family, self, and property) that is referenced in the constitution…”

Will Flatt
Will Flatt
5 months ago

Leftists are terrified at armed lawful Americans defending themselves & fellow citizens against criminals, because the mere fact we’ve done this threatens their gun-confiscationist narrative! Every time we lawfully use firearms to defend ourselves, they fearfully do their level best to hide the mere fact this has happened every time it happens. When they cannot hide the existence of a defensive gun use, they go into overdrive to criticize, minimize, or disparage it.

This isn’t about guns, people!! It’s about CONTROL. And many of us who own guns have said, ‘ENOUGH’. WE WILL NOT BE RULED BY TYRANTS!

Whatzit
Whatzit
Reply to  Will Flatt

To me, it’s obvious. It’s not about safety of children, gun violence, etc., etc. The intention is to get the United States of America disarmed as quickly as possible and as completely as possible – so we can be more like the rest of the world. If we are going to be a nation-less, borderless planet of identical citizens, then the people of United States are a problem. I keep hearing another criticism of Americans, that we are far to “individualistic”. We are not communal enough. We value self defense. All of that has to go away so that we… Read more »

JH1961
JH1961
Reply to  Will Flatt

Gun control elitists fear personal responsibility. Being personally responsible for one’s self is a threat to their ultimate goal: a citizenry totally dependent upon the government for every aspect of their lives.

tetejaun
tetejaun
Reply to  Will Flatt

Gun Control is all about making free men slaves.
Once that happens, most of our lives will not be worth a wooden nickle.
NEVER capitulate. NEVER kneel.

Will Flatt
Will Flatt
Reply to  tetejaun

…and never EVER allow them to take your guns!!

Miznastyboots
Miznastyboots
5 months ago

This article is awesome. But forgot an important item. The lowlife that went into that church THOUGHT it was A GUN FREE ZONE. Surprise surprise surprise. All gun free zones (now ammo free zones) are open invitation to these lowlifes to come in and do what they want. I am astounded that the people in power are so terrified of conceal carriers that they would rather die literally than sit next to someone they don’t even know who has their back. Had those volunteers waited for the police how many hundreds would have died? Bloomberg is NOT good for the… Read more »

Will Flatt
Will Flatt
Reply to  Miznastyboots

This isn’t really about guns, it’s about control. That’s why leftists ignore common sense and facts!!

Whatzit
Whatzit
Reply to  Will Flatt

I’m not sure which I’m more concerned about – this year’s elections or the ones coming up in 2024. I think this is a pivotal moment. We stand or we fall with the next couple of elections.

JH1961
JH1961
Reply to  Whatzit

IF America has another civil war, 2020 will determine WHEN it will occur.

Mike H
Mike H
Reply to  Whatzit

We are and have been at a tipping point for several decades. Every election counts from now on.

JH1961
JH1961
Reply to  Miznastyboots

With the shooter’s extensive criminal background and apparent financially-strained situation, has anyone explained how he acquired the shotgun he used?

ExGob
ExGob
Reply to  JH1961

Which proves that regardless of anti-gun laws, banning, restrictions and all that other crap, anyone who wants a gun can, and will, get one and he’ll get the kind he wants. Sickos who aren’t worried about repercussions of murder, sure as hell aren’t worried about violations of anti-gun laws, or anything else. We owe it to ourselves to do all we can to protect ourselves, our loved ones and other innocents. if you don’t own a gun, get one, carry it and BE PREPARED!

Tionico
Tionico
Reply to  JH1961

I’ve been looking for those details to come out. The silence is deafening, and discouraging. This is something we NEED to learn about.

Heed the Call-up
Heed the Call-up
Reply to  Tionico

Toinico, what difference does it make how he acquired it? We all know that if the demand is there, someone else will provide it, legally or not. We have similar issues with illegal drugs, there is a demand, and others supply it.

Until 1939, felons still were legally “allowed” to own firearms. We all have the inalienable right to self-defense and any arms necessary for said e defense. I have yet to read nor see the word “but” in the 2A.

Will Flatt
Will Flatt
Reply to  JH1961

Probably stole it, JH. Or stole something to get money to buy one on the street, either way.

tetejaun
tetejaun
Reply to  JH1961

I take it you never heard of the Hegelian Dialectic.
Probably find out an anti-gun democrat supplied it for him.
Most all of these mass shooters are democrat freaks that were wound up and set loose.

Jack_A_Lope
Jack_A_Lope
5 months ago

Nice job, Rob. Always on point. I was on a long-ish bike ride this past summer and ran into a fellow biker. We started talking about his wife being “attacked” while she was out jogging, and he said he was thinking about getting her a pistol of some sort. Not knowing I was a gun guy, I made some suggestions for a small, lightweight pistol. When I told him I could show him one of the pistols I suggested, he couldn’t believe I was carrying while riding my bike. I frequently ride the gravel roads of my rural area, and… Read more »

Whatzit
Whatzit
Reply to  Jack_A_Lope

Thank you. Common sense conversion, one soul at a time.

Tionico
Tionico
Reply to  Jack_A_Lope

When I learned about some repeated incidents of “homeless’ up in the Seattle area lying in wait at the tunnel on Mercer Island where I 90 crosses the island, I decided then and there that I would NOT go out riding without being armed. That news is what prompted me to get my Mother May I Card. I started out with a Smith J frame snub, but it was awkward to carry in that back jersey pocket. When Ruger brought out their new LCP I bought one. Flipped the gun upside down in the zipper “rug”, slipped it into my… Read more »

Finnky
Finnky
Reply to  Tionico

– No matter how good a rider you are, there is always some chance you will fall. Please consider what will happen if you fall wrong as I’ve heard of severe spinal injuries (permanent paralysis) from falling on firearm carried in small of back. Just a though5 for your consideration… your choice – everything in life is a compromise in some way.