Should You be a Slave to My Fears?

Shopkeeper Arrested in Arizona
Shopkeeper Arrested in Arizona

U.S.A. –-(Ammoland.com)- Is it your fault that I’m afraid? Maybe it is your duty to obey me until I feel better. Your rights end where my feelings begin, and I’m afraid of a virus, afraid of guns, and afraid of freedom. That is why you have to do what I tell you to do. Or not.

Should you be a slave to my fears?

This so-called “epidemic” is a wakeup call. More people will die from addictions and suicide than from Covid-19. Are we going to let someone take our freedom? We’re giving up the freedom to earn a living. The freedom to travel. The freedom to worship. We’ve given up the freedom to assemble and petition our government.

We’re willing to give up our freedom over the common cold, over the flu that will kill one out of two thousand of us, while other causes kill 15 times more of us every year.

This is our fault. We didn’t pay attention when our mayor was elected, and now he ordered us to stay home. We didn’t pay attention when our country board was elected, when our sheriff was elected, when our school board was elected. We didn’t ask the right questions when our state representatives, our governor, our federal legislators, and our president were elected. We didn’t do the work then, so now we have to get up and call them and demand our freedom back.

We didn’t do the work, so now we have to protest and contribute to the legal organizations who are fighting for our freedom.. or we won’t have any.

We never agreed to slavery. We went from flatten the curve, to social distancing, to until we have a vaccine. We were told that the new normal is where abortion centers are open, and churches are ordered shut down and we should report our neighbors. We went from releasing violent criminals from jail, to jailing manicurists and barbers who see one client at a time.

That is socialism. That is fascism, and here is the cure.

Stop asking for permission. The strength of the american people is that we lead the way and make the politicians follow us, not the other way around. We’ll show the politicos when it is safe for them to come out of their safe spaces. They can follow our example.

I will not be a politician’s slave, even if the politician is wearing a white lab coat and a surgeon’s mask.

There is no evidence that house arrest saves lives. None. There is a theory, but there is no data to support it. In fact, there is strong data against house arrest. Look at the experience of Sweden and Japan. Neither country enforced a lockdown. When we look at the severity of the illness, the US is worse than Japan and slightly better than Sweden. If we take out the New York metropolitan area, then the US infection rate moves closer to Japan.

That lesson is clear; don’t be like New York and move infectious people into nursing homes. Don’t stay stuck on stupid.

It is your life and living it is up to you. Stay at home if you want, but you are not my slave and I am not a slave to your fears.

It is past time we acted like it.

About Rob MorseSlow Facts

The original article is here. Rob Morse writes about gun rights at Ammoland, at Clash Daily, and on his SlowFacts blog. He hosts the Self Defense Gun Stories Podcast and co-hosts the Polite Society Podcast. Rob was an NRA pistol instructor and combat handgun competitor.

Ron
Ron
1 month ago

I get a kick out of the guys that prior to the wu han flu, were going around with “No Fear” t shirts and bumper stickers that said: “These colors don’t run!” and now they are hiding at home sheltering in place.

gunnerdd517
1 month ago

been sayin much the same things too. i agree,also, its our fault. now, were down to what looks like one chance to get it right. OR, we will participate in our own destruction. the reasons i have for that statement is there are many countries who want a piece of our pie. we are rich in resources.we have more minerals,oil,achievements that surpass totalitarian regimes, who cant for example,even feed themselves.now, we have americans standing in lines for food. this is unacceptable. i dont see any of our well fed,well dressed,well paid,benevolent politicians standing in line for a meal. So, mass,… Read more »

1 month ago

This just in: The president of China told the Politburo, in a speech, to prepare for war! It is inching closer.

1 month ago

@AME…Does AME relate to your religion ? Your questioning sounds like it might relate to the AME Church .

Reply to  Oldvet

@Down voter look up AME church then reread all of his questions and comments !

Reply to  Oldvet

I’m an active, devoted, and proud Catholic. Take off the tinfoil hat.

1 month ago

@AME…If you want the “protection ” you wear the mask .

Reply to  Oldvet

in fact the mask does not offer protection…the central issue as a virus moves through a community is herd immunity…we do not control nature nor natural law

ConfusedForeignGirl
ConfusedForeignGirl
Reply to  WhiteRose

Sweden tried to go for herd immunity and it was an utter failure. The only reason it’s not even worse is because the population up there is very very spread out. Also the masks aren’t supposed to protect you from others. It’s to help protect others from you by reducing the amount of fluids you transfer via breathing, speaking etc.

Greg K
Greg K
1 month ago

Let’s not give up on them yet CFG. In 2009, and 2010, while in college we experimented with virus models in 3 different classes. Enviro Sci, Biology, and Ecology. The first 2 were on the H1N1 (swine flu) of 1918. The 3rd one was a different virus, and right now I don’t remember which one. Will get back to that in a second. Because in 1918, documentation was scarce those models were filled in with known contemporary parameters. Interestingly, no matter what you try to change in the model to squash or attenuate the initial spread, the larger the squash;… Read more »

1 month ago

CFG, so, if someone like me, quarantined for about 2 1/2 months, does not wear a mask, what would I be protecting you, or anyone else, from?

Reply to  Oldvet

@USA…Exactly as when painting with an air gun I wear the mask for my own protection . I believe paint would be considered a moist substance .

Reply to  Oldvet

@OV I and all my coworkers wear full respirators. They are terrible to wear for 10-12 hours a day, but it’s the only way to ensure a safer working environment. We work in close proximity due to the nature of our work. If we can do it all day long, someone can throw some kind of face covering on their trip to Walmart.

1 month ago

@AME…Why do you refrain from answering anyone’s questions ? But I should remember my father’s admonition never to argue with a fool !

Reply to  Oldvet

@OV Apologies for the delayed response, I was working.

Behind The Lines in N.J.
Behind The Lines in N.J.
1 month ago

America was not built by cowards AND cowards will not sustain her.
Remember, the all powerful Nazis would NEVER have progressed farther than the beer garden rallies if it weren’t for the forceful hand of the Brown Shirts. Brown Shirts, Blue Shirts, White Shirts, Black Shirts, it matters not the color or insignias. When the jack boot of oppression is crushing your neck it matters not whether it is a left boot or a right boot.

absolutely spot on

CommonSense4America
CommonSense4America
1 month ago

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT! I have been saying this for a month or more. They govern with the consent of the governed. That’s us,,, we the people. We no longer give our consent for this nonsense.

Reply to  Bobtail

That is what Rob Morse stated, “the US is worse than Japan and slightly better than Sweden.”

Reply to  Bobtail

the problem with all the data is that we do not have reliable tests. Generally authorities are using the per test, which is an industrial process of replicating a small segment of nucleic acid for researchers; however, it does not infer the entire RNA strand of the virus. Furthermore in all countries including here, fatalities may be cataloged as covid 19 if it occurs due to a probable or likely association without the need for pathological finding.

1 month ago

Question to the group. Do you think it wrong to wear mask that may protect others?

Reply to  AlphaMikeEcho

@AME…Are you concluding that all masks are effective ? Are ineffective masks giving false sense of security thus endangering others?

Reply to  Oldvet

I’m asking if you would wear a mask to potentially protect others from you. Whether it be a cloth/bandana, dust mask, surgical mask, etc. (an honest attempt to keep your mouth/nose fluids to yourself, to the best of your ability).

Boz
Boz
Reply to  AlphaMikeEcho

I don’t see anywhere in the Constituion that says that I have to wear a mask. Not in the Bill of Rights. Nor in any state law. Thus….it is optional.

Reply to  Boz

So you won’t help others because it isn’t in the Constitution? Interesting.

Reply to  Boz

not exactly…Florida Law, Statute, which drives issues of the public health, when activated by the Governor by executive order, strips your Rights away and allows the State to use local LEOs or ,,, to force quarantine or forced vaccination, wear masks, or…..that is why ‘they’ are using Medical Martial Law the basis of which was determined in 1905 by the Supreme Court arguing the public safety outweighs the individual Right……oh well

Reply to  AlphaMikeEcho

@AME…Sorry had an interruption . I’m asking what difference would it make , if said mask were ineffective . Should I feel secure just because I see you in some sort of mask ? Would your mask be a form of deceit ? Would you be liable if you infected me wearing your mask where I would have no false sense of security if you were bare faced ?

Reply to  Oldvet

@OV Solid questions. It’s been said a few times in the comments, but the mask helps in varying degrees (depending on the type) to protect others from the person wearing the mask. In terms of effectiveness, I would rather provide others the opportunity to have some protection than none. I would say that there is some form of reassurance seeing someone else try to protect others through use of a mask, versus not wearing a mask. The liability question is interesting. This did make me pause. While wearing a mask, if someone was to become infected even though I was… Read more »

Reply to  AlphaMikeEcho

@AME…Now here is a different point of view . I would wear a mask to protect myself . It seems I am hearing wearing the mask does not protect me , that doesn’t compute . That is why your question seemed backward .

Reply to  AlphaMikeEcho

@AME, Oh, yeah … I see your point! Like carrying a gun everyday to potentially protect others. Do you carry a gun every day?

Reply to  Wild Bill

oh WB you say it so well, huh huh

Reply to  Wild Bill

@Wild Bill I do carry a weapon everyday. I have for almost 20 years. The exception was when I, unfortunately, lived in California.

@USA, I am loving it!

Reply to  AlphaMikeEcho

No, it is not “wrong” for you to wear a mask, if you want to. It is *wrong* for the government to demand anything of a free people. We decide what risks are acceptable, not the government. Aside from that, you are much better off washing your hands, than trying to wear a mask that isn’t effective at doing anything but breeding bacteria as the moisture from your breath collects in it. Do we fence off the Grand Canyon because someone might fall? Or not allow people to visit for the same reason? What about bridges and tall buildings? Streets?… Read more »

1 month ago

Is there a scenario that would compel you to wear a mask for the benefit of others?

Reply to  AlphaMikeEcho

I have been in quarantine for a month and a half. If I had the virus, I would have already gotten over it by now. So, why would I have a “need” to wear a mask to “protect” anyone? Your foolishness is why we are where we are – destroyed economy and idiots requesting the government “do” something. Go tot he CDC and WHO websites and learn what the numbers being cited actually mean. You will find out that you have been lied to by the media and the government. One thing I do see, you not answering my questions.… Read more »

1 month ago

How is everyone else to know you’re in quarantine and are not infected? Have you been tested for the virus and/or antibodies (I have. Antibody positive, I was asymptomatic)? There is a large population that is asymptomatic.

I still wear mask.

Your lack of concern for others speaks to your character.

CommonSense4America
CommonSense4America
Reply to  AlphaMikeEcho

It’s your right to choose to wear a mask. If someone is concerned about catching the virus,,,,,,,,,stay home. It’s your right!

Reply to  AlphaMikeEcho

@AME, “How is everyone else to know you’re in quarantine and are not infected?” you ask. Everyone else is not going to know, unless they are all in quarantine with you.

But that is a moot point because we are talking about a virus. You are going to get it, and you may die, but you are going to die anyway.

Reply to  Wild Bill

Oh WB, dam, you got it again brother, short and to the point

Reply to  AlphaMikeEcho

@AME…Speaking of character if you are in quarantine what are you doing out in public ?

Reply to  Oldvet

@Old Vet I’m an essential worker. Utility industry.

Reply to  AlphaMikeEcho

@AME…Really I spent 32 Years in Electric Utility . Retired at 55 as a high voltage substation foreman . ( Merger / down sizing ) (read getting rid of the high paid experienced personell.) What part of the world are you in and which utility .

Reply to  AlphaMikeEcho

@AME…Since you mention it you do sound like a certain utility safety director I used to know .

Reply to  AlphaMikeEcho

Your conclusion is based on an assumption offered to you by the State, CDC, NIH, WHO,…., it is incorrect. 1) The data offered is uniformly incorrect and based on false lab tests 2) Dr. Fauci wrote an article published in the New England Journal of Medicine stating that the data was hyped in an order of magnitude. The true percentage of fatalities are about 0.4%, which is about the same as the yearly FLU. 3) The antibody test is relatively recently available 4) If you test positive for the antibody, you may be shedding and NOT contagious as the shedding… Read more »

Reply to  WhiteRose

@WR You’re cherry picking data and talking points.

Reply to  AlphaMikeEcho

@AME, I think that a scenario that would compel me indicates that the choice is mine. That is quite different from the government (any one of the several that we labor under) demanding or compelling, which indicates that the choice belongs to government (elected or unelected) officials. So you are twisting to an entirely different discussion.

Reply to  Wild Bill

@WB I’ve never argued if a choice was or wasn’t yours to make. It is a free country. I only asked if you would wear a mask. Not one person in any of the comments has said, “sure, I’d wear a mask if it might help.” Not one single person. That is the heart of my concern and not the perceived freedoms/rights that are at stake.

Reply to  AlphaMikeEcho

Alpha, since a mask could only help mitigate spread of the virus from the wearer to another, provided that it was a mask designed to do that and worn properly, it will not do anything when the wearer is virus-free. I have been “sheltering in place” since mid-March, and have only been in contact with my wife. Even if I had the virus, I surely do not now. As my wife was recently tested and was found antibody and virus-free, I am quite certain I, too, would have the same status. My not wearing a mask in public, if and… Read more »

Reply to  AlphaMikeEcho

@AME, Perhaps if you phrased the question this way: “Would you take measures to protect your fellow Americans from the Chinese Corona Virus if you knew, for sure, that the measures would actually work?”

Reply to  AlphaMikeEcho

Well….if I am in a surgical theatre, yes I want to surgical team to wear a mask. Otherwise stay home if you have concerns

1 month ago

The Constitutional remark has me baffled. To say if something isn’t written in “Insert Document Name Here” then it isn’t a legitimate thought/concept/action… that’s a remarkable demonstration of thought process.

Reply to  AlphaMikeEcho

Alpha, I made no mention of the Constitution. Your lack of cognition is of note, though.

JPM
JPM
Reply to  AlphaMikeEcho

By your logic, I should wear a condom because it might keep someone else from getting pregnant, whether I have sex or not. What are you stupid, or just a liberal sheep, but then I repeat myself.

Reply to  JPM

False equivalency in your example. A more accurate example would be if I was with your wife or girlfriend, you would be okay with ME not wearing a condom. Because hey, take my word for it, nothing will happen to her.

Reply to  AlphaMikeEcho

@AME, If you were with my wife and girl friend, she’d be slapping you around until I intervened because she hates libtards and the diarrhea that comes out of their mouths.

Reply to  Wild Bill

@WB…Bet the good Sargent would have him on a detail involving a shovel and manure !

Reply to  Oldvet

@OV, Yep and the … hot … Texas … sun!

Reply to  Wild Bill

@Wild Bill I’m not a libtard, I’m a Proud Republican. Just because I don’t agree with you, it doesn’t change my politics.

Reply to  AlphaMikeEcho

@AME, Whether you are a libtard or not would be up to my wife, remaining in the context of your analogy. It is neither your politicos nor even your opinion on any subject that I give a whit about, it is your analogies that contain a hint of challenging the masculinity of others that you don’t even know. You opened the door.

Reply to  Wild Bill

@WB That’s fair. I did. I didn’t intend on challenge the masculinity, I failed at that. My apologies.

@AME, Accepted.

JPM
JPM
Reply to  AlphaMikeEcho

Proud RINO is more like it.

Reply to  AlphaMikeEcho

And so we see AlphaMike is a misnomer .

Reply to  Oldvet

@OV, Yeah, he is just an echo!

Reply to  Wild Bill

@WB…Couldn’t if he wanted . Probably swings the other way too .

Reply to  AlphaMikeEcho

Well your statement reminded me of an incident that occurred with my wife who was the intended victim of a man, could of been you by your example, outside her car and attempted to enter it. Well, when she got home and told me of the incident, I asked did you shoot him? She said no I just knew he was not getting in this car, hit the gas as he jumped on the hood, then hit the brakes and he slid to the ground. You neglected to consider the vote of the wife you chose to assault.

Reply to  WhiteRose

@WR in my scenario, there was consent. Interesting that you jump to assault and missed the point altogether (willfully).

JPM
JPM
Reply to  AlphaMikeEcho

You couldn’t be with my girlfriend as she prefers intelligent men, with logic, common sense all the right anatomical equipment (which you seem to be lacking). Sounds more like it would be more appropriate for you to be with a he, not a she.

gregs
gregs
Reply to  AlphaMikeEcho

ame, may protect others? I believe statistics/data, and that shows that masks are not providing the protection you wish for. feelings are good to have, but you should not let them rule your life.
i have another question. how many people are going to die because they are being made to stay at home, not have procedures that could save their lives because of the Wuhan virus?
in closing, it is wrong to make someone do something they do not want to do. after all we do live in America which was founded upon individual freedom, correct?

Reply to  gregs

This ain’t the country of the 40s & 50s. It isn’t the country that I remember my Uncle’s homecoming from WW2. We now have a well developed and entrenched DEEP State who are far beyond our reach and certainly oversight. The Patriot Act materially altered our notion of our Rights….

Greg K
Greg K
Reply to  AlphaMikeEcho

@AME The Libertarian dilemma…”Does the person practicing their personal form of Libertarianism, infringe on others safety?” Consider this; You asked about a “mask that MAY protect others.” In that frame it changes the metrics. Simply put, the responsibility falls to the person that lives in fear, to make a decision as to whether they allow themselves to be infected by an INDISCRIMINATE virus. They should own the consequences of their actions or inactions, as the case may be. Why should the onus be placed on a person that is simply going about their respective business, especially for a strong common… Read more »

Reply to  Greg K

, Good question. Nice lead in.

Reply to  Greg K

K That is a great comment. The question really does focus on the “may.”. I would argue that maybe a person doesn’t live in fear, but an abundance of caution.

This really gives me something to consider.

American Patriot
American Patriot
1 month ago

If any one on this site is considering voting “democrat” then you must of liked what Americans have gone thru the last two months, and need someone to tell you what to do, when to do it & how to do it. Guess you got tired of asking if “you want fries with that”……

1 month ago

@AP I can’t see any logical reason why a person would vote Democrat. In any election. They are so far off that I don’t know if our two parties will every find common ground again.

Miles
Miles
1 month ago

Comparing an airborne virus to addiction and suicide is ridiculous. No statistical data was presented to back up anything said here. You’re not wearing a mask and social distancing to protect yourself, you’re doing it to protect others you come in contact with. This seems selfish to me. Not everything is a damn conspiracy.

Stay armed, stay healthy.

Tionico
Tionico
Reply to  Miles

Comparing an airborne virus to addiction and suicide is ridiculous You are exactly correct, that comparison IS ridiculous. But not in the way you seem to think it is. You whinge about the lack of statistics. Wel, then, go find some. I’ve seen them. There are numbers for suicide by all means, and death from illegal, and legel,, drug use. Yes, many more people die every year from taking doctor prescribed pharmaceuticals according to the doctor’s instruactionis. Go find the numbers, They are there. I’d start with CDC stats, they are publically available. As to masks.. those mug nappies I… Read more »

Neanderthal75
Neanderthal75
Reply to  Miles

You’re missing the comparison punchline, the number of deaths from each type. You also seem to be missing the biggest punch line, which is when you combine the deaths of the regular flus, pneumonia, those numbers match how many people have died this year so far from Wuhan virus, and those numbers of people dying are EVERY YEAR! However, we’re never shut down from them! I’ve got ailments that would end up killing me if I got the Wuhan virus. However, if I got a nasty case of the so-called regular flus, those could very well kill me just as… Read more »

Reply to  Neanderthal75

@N75, Hey, long time no hear from. Welcome back! I agree … the older we get the more ambushes nature lays for us. Cheers to the oil patch in Central Wyoming.

Reply to  Miles

@Miles Agreed wholeheartedly. This comment thread reminds me of Proverbs 23:9.

Reply to  AlphaMikeEcho

Alpha, interesting that you mentioned a Biblical passage, especially as that passage relates directly to replies to your posts.

1 month ago

@HTCU You would of course say something like that.

Reply to  AlphaMikeEcho

Alpha, I did post, not say it, but, yes, of course, as it is true.

Some guy
Some guy
1 month ago

Here’s the funny part. I have most of the conditions that make this deadly, yet I have been at work every day, the whole time…… I’m so essential, that I have to go to work, whatever the risk…….. until I get it, then I die…… Makes sense to me???????

HoundDogDave
HoundDogDave
Reply to  Some guy

Hey Some guy, I’m in the same boat. I did get a few concessions from my employer (because of my increased risk) and was able to modify my work schedule to avoid most of the ~18 other employees (only myself and 3 others bother to wear a mask). I am a bit pissed that I don’t get $600/week hazard pay while others get an extra $600 each week on top of their usual benefits to stay home and chill. Not that I deserve it, but neither do they.

Reply to  Some guy

@SG, I can relate. I’m going to have them write on my grave stone, “Thank God that I don’t have to work tomorrow!”

Knute
Knute
Reply to  Wild Bill

WB) I’m going with: “Now that my life is over, and my time has come to pass, I’m having them bury me upside-down so the sheeple can kiss my A$$.” 🙂

Reply to  Some guy

@SG – Thank you for pointing out how lucky I am. My employer said “all our employees are essential – so work from home and stay safe”. I’m enjoying working from home and intend to continue as long as they’ll let me.

Some guy
Some guy
19 days ago
Reply to  Finnky

Sure. But I don’t have that option. You can’t process the tooling that puts food in cans, or slices bread, or any of the other things that all of you depend on while working from home.

BrainMatters
BrainMatters
1 month ago

Statistically, a Rabbits Foot is equally as effective as 99% of the masks people are wearing. After all, it is a microscopic organism. My money is on the Rabbits Foot. 😉

Reply to  BrainMatters

@Brain, What is the it, that is a microscopic organism?

Laddyboy
Laddyboy
1 month ago

According to the “authorities that be”, Staying sequestered at home, by state WANNABE DICTATORS, has raised the death rates from: Child abuse, Spousal abuse, Pet abuse and then there is the RISE of Suicide deaths. It is a shame the communists in OUR government have been DESTROYING — FAMILIES — at an increasing rate in America.
America needs to get back on our knees asking God to come back into our lives and WE need to accept the guidance from God.

SGT_Wombat
SGT_Wombat
Reply to  Laddyboy

FIRST, I am NOT a conspiracy guy. It sure does seem that the LEFT is coordinating things to destroy our way of life. If that is the case, I don’t understand how they’ve been able to keep quiet about it, you’d think one guy would say “we are five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America” and let the cat out of the bag.

Knute
Knute
Reply to  SGT_Wombat

Sgt Wombat: They said that in official US govt. documents 50 years ago! It’s just that almost none of the sleeping sheeple noticed! It was “Top Secret” back then. Naturally. But it has been available under FOIA from the Office of Naval Intelligence for decades now. QUOTING: “It is patently impossible to discuss social engineering or the automation of a society, i.e., the engineering of social automation systems (silent weapons) on a national or worldwide scale without implying extensive objectives of social control and destruction of human life, i.e., slavery and genocide. This manual is in itself an analog declaration… Read more »

Reply to  SGT_Wombat

@SGT-W – I haven’t been following the news lately – but whenever I do, I do hear them saying that. Sometimes less explicitly than others, but they do say it.

Bill
Bill

BRAVO!!

Deplorable Bill
Deplorable Bill
1 month ago

Guys, what we are seeing is governmental forced socialism under cover of virus. The fact is that MOST of those who were physically affected by the virus are 65+ with medical complications. Other than that age group there is a very small percentage of people who get the virus. Put a mask on. If you fit into the target age group, take precautions. If you are going to be near someone in the targeted age group, take precautions for their sake. Socialists, communists, demoncraps, progressives will always try to USE a situation to gain more power. We have all seen… Read more »

Swany
Swany
1 month ago

My attitude from the beginning of all this ;
“I will not participate in the foolishness.”
Nothing more to say.

Reply to  Swany

@Swany, You, my friend, realized that the decision, and the Right to decide belongs to each American, individually, and not any of the governments, with armed henchmen.

FlaBoy
FlaBoy
1 month ago

How do you propose to balance this with public health issues? Yes, we got lucky with this virus, as it did not turn out to be as deadly as expected. But no one knew that at the beginning of the outbreak. This virus did turn out to be more contagious than expected. What if it had been as deadly as Ebola, which has a death rate of 25% or more? Or small pox, which had a death rate as high as 90%? Or, to be more realistic, if the death rate was over 2.5%, which was the death rate of… Read more »

Reply to  FlaBoy

@FB, Why would anyone let government balance their civil rights against a virus? All kinds of infections come and go. Rights do not come and go or they are already gone.

KenW
KenW
Reply to  Wild Bill

Yes, “Pandemic” is not mentioned in the U. S. Constitution. The Federal Gov’t asked U. S. to follow CDC guidelines, so we did. Fifteen days okay no big deal, thirty, we can do that.
But now its “you will obey”
Hmm, no we will not”

Tionico
Tionico
Reply to  KenW

BOOM!!!!!!!

Nice shot.

Reply to  FlaBoy

FlaBoy, you nailed it. One comment I would make to everyone here is in regards to personal protection. I have been a 2A supporter my whole life. As such, I make sure I stay trained in use of my firearms so that when I carry my weapon I can do so with the knowledge that I can protect myself and others effectively. Covering my face with a mask during these times is an extension of that same protective posture. For those that open or conceal carry your arms for the possibility of protecting the people around you, please wear a… Read more »

Tionico
Tionico
Reply to  AlphaMikeEcho

there are some serious studies and evaluations of the effectiveness of the masks, which have analised the different types matarials and designes that are currently in wide use. the numbers are amusing. Further, HOW one wears that mug nappie matters far more than whether one uses the thing. I’d say a full 95% of the individuals I see are simply making a visual statment. What they have across their mug does no one any good at all. AND they have serous risk of real harm to the wearers. Sorry yo lost your friends.. but both going at 40 I’d be… Read more »

Reply to  Tionico

– I occasionally wear a mask for the same reason I carry concealed… urban camo.

If you enter an occupied space with intent to kill, do you go after the sheep or the sheepdogs first?

Reply to  Finnky

@USA – Have yet to learn much of anything about two man (or more) tactics – however I do understand that crossfire can increase effectiveness.

AnotherLEO
AnotherLEO
Reply to  FlaBoy

We did not get lucky. This virus never had the lethality that was claimed. People dying of lung cancer, congestive heart failure, COPD, and other ailments are being counted as COVID deaths. The VAST majority of the medical community (the educated ones with graduate degrees) are seeing this as a purely political exercise of control. The fact is WE THE PEOPLE make our own choices. Just as you can choose to wear a mask (which is nearly worthless as far as preventing contracture, unless you are trained in asceptic technique) others can choose not to wear a mask. You can… Read more »

Tionico
Tionico
Reply to  FlaBoy

Yes, we got lucky with this virus, as it did not turn out to be as deadly as expected. NOTHING to do with “luck”. This virus is what it has been, and is running its course. As I was reading the first reports of this disease rampaging rhgouth WUnah City CHina, a fw facts came out initially that have not been repeated once in the wetern media. That city is surrpunded by farmlands… where some 250 MILLION hogs are raised and processed each year. Back in early October a form of swine flu killed close to half the pigs. Around… Read more »

FlaBoy
FlaBoy
Reply to  Tionico

@Tionico and others regarding face mask Face mask do work if worn properly. The cloth and paper ones do not provide much protection for the wearer, but they do help limit the spread of the virus, since it is a respiratory virus mainly spread via exhaled droplets. Even when incorrectly worn over just the mouth, they still provide some protection, since speaking and coughing spread many more virus than nose breathing. The main problem with this virus is that an individual can be infected and spreading the virus without any symptoms. To those arguing against the effectiveness of mask, consider… Read more »

Reply to  FlaBoy

– Wearing a mask is not an assault on my freedom. Being forced wear a mask through threat of arrest (at gun point) is however a major assault on my freedom. Businesses being forced to close and in many cases going bankrupt is a threat to all of our rights. Printing vast amounts of money in an effort to buy votes and placate the masses is actually the largest threat to my independence and freedom yet. HEROS and CARE (CARES?) acts are even bigger assaults on our individual rights, freedoms and independence than the antiPatriot act was.

Reply to  FlaBoy

You continue to present false information regarding face masks, and your example is limited to a surgical theatre, when we live in a real world chuck full of microbes. Dr. Blaylock…With the advent of the so-called COVID-19 pandemic, we have seen a number of medical practices that have little or no scientific support as regards reducing the spread of this infection. One of these measures is the wearing of facial masks, either a surgical-type mask, bandana or N95 respirator mask. When this pandemic began and we knew little about the virus itself or its epidemiologic behavior, it was assumed that… Read more »

Knute
Knute
Reply to  FlaBoy

Flaboy:
Your error is in the assumption that the federal government has any part in “balancing” public health with restricting rights. No such balancing act exists. It is just ASSUMED to exist (at least by some…), like ghosts and the authority to issue fiat currencies!
No such authority exists. The criminals in charge just take it, much like the more honest types of thieves, who just steal and don’t bother with all of the paperwork coverups.

Reply to  FlaBoy

Your argument is based on the ‘what ifs’ in life… driven by anxiety and worry we do the State’s bidding because what if we didn’t?

AZ Lefty
AZ Lefty
1 month ago

Spoken like a True fearful Sheeple!

Reply to  AZ Lefty

@AZL – Whom are you addressing?

badlands
badlands
1 month ago

Amen, Rob. I’ve been preaching this same thing for 2 months. You never ask permission for a right. What we’ve become as a country is a pathetic tragedy.

Vern
Vern
1 month ago

We were told the virus would be dead when the temperature rose above 80 degrees and the humidity level went below 40%. It has happened but the politicians have donned the doctors mask and white coat and are now telling us they know better than science. Fear, is what the left is all about, if it weren’t for fear they wouldn’t have anything to hold the people with. Fear has always been weaponized by tyrants, it will always be weaponized by them, but, only if the people allow it. Communism has never built anything unless it fell back on capitalism,… Read more »