Conservative Thought Leader & Economist, Walter Williams has Died ~ VIDEO

Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, Ammoland will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Walter Williams
Walter Williams

USA – -(AmmoLand.com)- Economist Walter E. Williams, has died at the age of 84.

Williams, a native of Philadelphia was a long-time economics professor at George Mason University and a nationally syndicated columnist whose articles appeared in some 140 newspapers and websites including AmmoLand News.

Over the course of his career, he was praised for his rigorous research on minority groups and government policies affecting African Americans and his steadfast belief in American's right to keep and bear arms. Walter was a great communicator of ideas and a prolific, provocative, and uncompromising writer.

Williams remained active on campus until his death.

A very nice remembrance by Dominic Pino, a student at George Mason University noted “As Williams persisted well beyond retirement age, his passion for economics undimmed, he was the kind of man that made you say, “He’s going to teach until the day he dies.” On Dec. 1, he taught his last class of ECON 811 to complete the semester, ending the 7:20-10:00 p.m. block around 30 minutes early, as was typical. Fewer than 12 hours later, he died, aged 84. R.I.P.”

He made numerous radio and television appearances, including such well-known shows as “Firing Line,” “Face the Nation” and “MacNeil/Lehrer,” according to his biography on the George Mason University website.

His conservative credentials earned him a spot as an occasional substitute host on Rush Limbaugh’s radio talk show.

He was married to his wife, Connie, from 1960 until her death in 2007. “We had a good ride,” he wrote in 2008, describing his marriage to his wife as “the wisest decision of my life.”

The couple had one daughter together, Devyn, whom Williams described as “the apple of both of our eyes.”

“God speed to Mr. Williams you made a difference in our world and will be fondly remembered.” ~ Fredy Riehl, Editor-in-Chief at AmmoLand News.

Circle8
Circle8
1 month ago

Dr. Williams was one of most intelligent, respected men in this country and a proud American. We need more Dr. Williams. May God Bless you and your family. RIP Sir.

Oldman
Oldman
1 month ago

It’s either approved or not….shouldn’t take this long, should it?

Oldman
Oldman
Reply to  Oldman

HMLA-167 Warrior
HMLA-167 Warrior
1 month ago

Rest In Peace. I always loved reading his writings. More than that I loved watching him speak. Listening to him was excellent. Watching him speak was better. He was a true genius and patriot who loved this country’s core founding principles. He gave us so many wonderful gifts throughout his career. I am a better person for Professor Walter E. Williams having been on this earth. God graced us to have him here. As much as I loved Lou Holtz and Dan Gable, I would rather have seen Professor Williams receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom for his contributions to… Read more »

Last edited 1 month ago by HMLA-167 Warrior
GAMtns
GAMtns
1 month ago

Walter, you were the best. God broke the mold after he made you. Thank you for your many blessings. You were so REAL! Pray for us from above.

chocopot
chocopot
1 month ago

A man I have respected and admired for decades. RIP, Professor – you will be remembered as the brilliant man you were.

TNJEWBOY
TNJEWBOY
1 month ago

I had the privilege of speaking with him back in 1994. That was before I knew anything.

Anyway I asked him what should I read.
The good Dr. recommended a book called,, “Exchange and Production.”

Unfortunately I haven’t read it yet but for the last few years I have wanted to send Dr. Williams a link to “You Are Productive.”

Here it is. In memory of a great American and a true man of LIBERTY.

JayWPB
JayWPB
1 month ago

Another loss for the USA. I wonder if seeing the US voters elect a Socialist and a Communist to the White House caused him to question his future role as a leader of a free people. I know how much I’m saddened by the election results, but I can’t imagine how it must have felt to Mr. Williams.

TNJEWBOY
TNJEWBOY
Reply to  JayWPB

It also killed Mises back in 73.

coldsteel
coldsteel
Reply to  JayWPB

The U.S. didn’t elect a socialist, treasonous traitors did.

Bill
Bill
Reply to  coldsteel

A socialist has not been elected at all. American citizens have been defrauded, and for anyone to accept the “President-Elect Biden” claim is to surrender this nation to an oligarchy of despots. The rule of law, the democratically driven republic, and government of, by, and for the people will be dead.

Walter Williams, you were a treasure, and we will miss you deeply.

Tionico
Tionico
Reply to  coldsteel

NO ONE has been elected yet. Until its all over, certified, and the designated one sworn in, it ain’t over.

Tionico
Tionico
Reply to  JayWPB

I have this strong conviction that Dr. Williams did NOT believe the American People actually elected this team of imposters now wrangling to occupy the White House and further mess up this country. He always kept up on what’s happening “out here”, he was no academic hermit. He also lived in/near Philadelphia for long enough to know “how it works” there. I refuse to believe he was hoodwinked by the rotten content of mainstream media. He was far soo smart and wise to fall for that. He also knew that until the results are certified, the electroal college voted, and… Read more »

CinciJim
CinciJim
1 month ago

So sad. I read his article in my local paper every Thursday morning; and I agree with just about 99.9% of everything I read. His wisdom and analytical thinking will be missed.

Vern
Vern
1 month ago

It is sad that such a great person has passed. He left a legacy that will fill those who knew him personally and the millions who knew him from his writings that came from his heart to ours with good memories.
He proved beyond any doubt that human beings are the members of only one race, the human race. There is not in today’s world, any greater legacy than that.

TNJEWBOY
TNJEWBOY
Reply to  Vern

Someday there ain’t gonna be any more old folks.

Vern
Vern
Reply to  TNJEWBOY

You will never see that day happen, it takes smarts to live to live to a ripe old age.

Tionico
Tionico
Reply to  Vern

I suspect that Tennesee is not talking about that “someday” in the future when people are still riding about the universe on this dirtball. He is talking about when we’re all OFF this dirtball and either with the God who made us all, or with His enemy the lower-in-chief. Age will no longer be what WE know it to be. The ones who walked this earth for nine hundred or more years will be hanging out with the not-yet-born baby some murder ripped out o fhis mother’s womb yestarday, all equal and all wonderful.

Vern
Vern
Reply to  Tionico

Maybe he should have been a little more specific in his comment.

OlTrailDog
OlTrailDog
1 month ago

“Dittos” to all of the positive comments about Walter Williams. I knew him through his filling in for Rush and found his perspectives to be truly refreshing. Walter and Thomas Sowell are two elder gentlemen that have over come and led such notable lives. What a great country we live in.

Camotim
Camotim

RIP

phillyd
phillyd
1 month ago

A truly great man and patriot. This is a tremendous loss for our country. May his soul rest in peace.

Tionico
Tionico
Reply to  phillyd

it is only a great loss if we abandon all he left us. READ his books, and articles. LEARN how he thinks, hisvalues, take up his mental challanges to the status quo. I wish every black kid growing up in The Projects could sit and read, or even sit and have someone else read (because the kid never learned how.. he went to public schools) and thus get Dr. William’s mond and heart inside HIM.

nrringlee
nrringlee
1 month ago

Dr William’s passing is a huge loss to the conservative movement but his work and legacy live on. That is the true testimony to a life well lived.

Green Mtn. Boy
Green Mtn. Boy
1 month ago

What a loss,R.I.P. Mr. Williams.

jmb1911
jmb1911
1 month ago

Very sad to hear of Mr. Walter Williams passing, and condolences to his family. He truly was a great man with a remarkable sense to see things as they were and what would happen.

Another Beacon of freedom has passed. God Bless him and he will have a place in Heaven. R.I.P. Mr. Williams.

Sisu
Sisu
1 month ago

I am saddened. Let’s pray his students and readers learned his teachings well.

Darkman
Darkman
1 month ago

Another Beacon of Freedom has past from the Hill of Liberty unto the Hallowed Halls of Eternity. May his light forever shine in the memory of all Freedom loving people’s.

RoyD
RoyD
1 month ago

He was a beacon on a hill shining the light of freedom.