Arizona: House Passes School Pick-Up/Drop-Off Bill

Arizona NRA-ILA
Arizona is set to hear two bills to protect gun owners from discrimination. IMG NRA-ILA

U.S.A. -(AmmoLand.com)-This week, the House passed House Bill 2840, and last week, they passed House Bill 2551, to improve the ability of law-abiding citizens to defend themselves and their families. These bills now go on to the Senate for further consideration.​

House Bill 2840 allows law-abiding citizens to store their loaded firearms in their locked personal vehicles while parked on school grounds. This ensures that parents are able to pick-up and drop-off students without first having to stop and unload their firearms before driving onto school grounds, or deviating from their route to park off-campus. So-called “gun-free zones” are arbitrary boundaries that only disarm law-abiding citizens and leave them defenseless while doing nothing to deter criminals.

House Bill 2551 expands areas where concealed carry permit holders can lawfully carry concealed firearms to include certain public establishments and events. ​

NRA would like to thank the representatives who voted in favor of these bills. Please stay tuned to www.nraila.org and your email inbox for further updates.


About NRA-ILA:

Established in 1975, the Institute for Legislative Action (ILA) is the “lobbying” arm of the National Rifle Association of America. ILA is responsible for preserving the right of all law-abiding individuals in the legislative, political, and legal arenas, to purchase, possess, and use firearms for legitimate purposes as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. Visit: www.nra.org

National Rifle Association Institute For Legislative Action (NRA-ILA)

3 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
mlhtd51
mlhtd51 (@tadpole278)
8 months ago

Schools are a “GUN FREE ZONE” 98% of Public Mass Shootings occur in “GUN-FREE ZONES”. The other 2% occur in areas that were immediately Adjacent To “GUN-FREE Zones”. 50 Million Kids Being Schooled in the Homes of Responsible GUN OWNERS, and Not One Has Been Shot, I Guess It Wasn’t The GUNS After All.

Ryben Flynn
Ryben Flynn
8 months ago

We’ve had that in South Carolina for quite some time IF you have a CWP. Article 4 concerns Concealed Weapons Permits. SECTION 16-23-420. Possession of firearm on school property; concealed weapons. (A) It is unlawful for a person to possess a firearm of any kind on any premises or property owned, operated, or controlled by a private or public school, college, university, technical college, other post-secondary institution, or in any publicly owned building, without the express permission of the authorities in charge of the premises or property. The provisions of this subsection related to any premises or property owned, operated,… Read more »

Arny
Arny (@dmaxter)
8 months ago

Wow you got a little bit of your right 2A returned. Truly an accomplishment.