U.S.A. –-(AmmoLand.com)- In yet another blatant attempt to further infringe upon the right to keep and bear arms, New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy unveiled his latest in a long line of unconstitutional, rights-infringing gun control schemes.
Lauded by statists and anti-rights special interest groups, Murphy’s plot to prevent the People of New Jersey from exercising their natural rights contains a number of tyrannical provisions intended to redline your rights. These include demanding the State’s legislature:
- Further complicate New Jersey’s ineffective and unconstitutional FOID bureaucracy
- Mandate “classes” for those seeking to exercise their right to bear arms
- Force gun owners to store their firearms in a way that leaves them unable to be used for immediate self-defense
- Update the definition of “destructive device” to include .50 caliber firearms
- Eliminate the right of those under 21 from purchasing long guns
- Wholly prevent newcomers to the state from bringing with them their previously legally-acquired firearms without first getting the permission of the State
- Establish a digital database to track every single ammunition purchase within the state
- Require the absurd and nonexistent “microstamping” technology to effectively ban all new firearm designs (the subject of an FPC challenge)
- Establishing a bizarre legal scheme to use punitive legislation and litigation to eliminate gun manufacturers, eliminating the People’s access to their rights
As well as directly:
- Funneling taxpayer dollars directly to anti-gun advocacy groups operating under the veil of “public health”
- Empowering taxpayer-funded, anti-gun think tanks at public universities
- Mandating the use of State-sponsored anti-rights propaganda into already traumatic school shooting drills
- Holding a ‘confiscation conference’ to have tyrants from across the country will meet and discuss how best to assault the People’s natural rights
To join the fight against Governor Murphy’s oppressive, anti-gun demands, visit FirearmsPolicy.org/act. Those wishing to become a member of the FPC Grassroots Army and fight against future infringements from across the nation can visit JoinFPC.org.
Firearms Policy Coalition and its FPC Law team are the nation’s next-generation advocates leading the Second Amendment litigation and research space. Some FPC legal actions include:
- United States Supreme Court petitions for certiorari in Folajtar v. Attorney General and Holloway v. Attorney General (pending)
- Challenge to Maryland’s ban on so-called “assault weapons” (Bianchi v. Frosh)
- Challenge to California’s ban on so-called “assault weapons” (Miller v. Calif. Att’y General)
- Challenge to Maryland’s ban on handgun carry (Call v. Jones)
- Challenge to New Jersey’s ban on handgun carry (Bennett v. Davis)
- Challenge to New York City’s ban on handgun carry (Greco v. New York City)
- Challenge to Pennsylvania’s ban on handgun carry by adults under 21 (Lara v. Evanchick)
- Challenge to California’s handgun “roster”, microstamping, and self-manufacturing ban laws (Renna v. Becerra)
- Challenge to the federal ban on the sale of handguns and handgun ammunition to adults under 21 years of age (Reese v. ATF)
For more on these cases and other legal action initiatives, visit FPCLegal.org and follow FPC on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube.
About Firearms Policy Coalition
Firearms Policy Coalition (www.firearmspolicy.org) is a 501(c)4 nonprofit organization. FPC’s mission is to protect and defend constitutional rights—especially the right to keep and bear arms—advance individual liberty, and restore freedom through litigation and legal action, legislative and regulatory action, education, outreach, grassroots activism, and other programs. FPC Law is the nation’s largest public interest legal team focused on Second Amendment and adjacent fundamental rights including freedom of speech and due process, conducting litigation, research, scholarly publications, and amicus briefing, among other efforts.