Current List of Anti-Gun Businesses You Should Avoid Giving Your Money

gun coins nra-ila
Current List of Anti-Gun Businesses You Should Avoid Giving Your Money IMG NRA-ILA

USA – -(AmmoLand.com)- Do you watch movies at AMC Theaters? Was the film produced by Bad Robot?

Do you eat at Chipotle, Shake Shack, Panera, Burger King, or Subway, or have a meal delivered by Door Dash?

Do you wear clothes from Levi Strauss, the Gap, or Gucci?

Do you watch CNN, MTV, NBC, HBO, MSNBC, or Showtime?

Do you browse Tinder, Yelp, eBay, or Pinterest on a Microsoft computer with Comcast internet?

Do you shop at Costco?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, you have financially supported companies that want to strip us of our God-given constitutional rights.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms

The Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms maintains a list of anti-gun businesses, which is also known as the “Don’t feed them” list. To be added to the list, a company and/or their decision-makers have either instituted an anti-gun corporate policy or lobbied lawmakers to draft or support anti-gun legislation. In other words, they had to take action – anti-gun action – against the Second Amendment. None of the firms made the list by accident.

“We’re not calling for a boycott of these companies,” CCRKBA Chairman Alan Gottlieb said last year when four more firms were added to the list. “But we are providing this information to American gun owners so they can make informed decisions about where to spend their hard-earned money without unknowingly supporting efforts to erode an important constitutional right.”

One of the beauties of the American Free-Market system is that it allows business leaders to run their company in any manner they choose, and the marketplace will then decide whether their decisions were prudent or ill-conceived.

Like Mr. Gottlieb, I don’t support boycotts as they’re a favored tactic of the gun prohibitionists. Nowadays, they seem ready to scream “BOYCOTT!” for even the most minor of reasons or for no reason at all. Still, I work hard for my money, so I would rather patronize a business that supports my constitutional rights – all of my constitutional rights. Therefore, I use the list to screen out those firms that don’t support me. That’s not a boycott. It’s being an informed consumer.

CCRKBA list of anti-gun businesses.
CCRKBA list of anti-gun businesses.

Some of the businesses won’t be missed. I’ve never needed a $1,350 Gucci man-purse, especially after they donated $500,000 to March for Our Lives. I don’t watch CNN or MSLSD, browse Tinder, eat at Burger King or subscribe to HBO, especially since the Sopranos ended.

Costco, on the other hand, will be difficult. I hope someone talks some sense into their CEO, Craig Jelinek. This gun owner already misses his great deals.

This story is presented by the Second Amendment Foundation’s Investigative Journalism Project and wouldn’t be possible without you. Please click here to make a tax-deductible donation to support more pro-gun stories like this.

About Lee Williams

Lee Williams, who is also known as “The Gun Writer,” is the chief editor of the Second Amendment Foundation’s Investigative Journalism Project. Until recently, he was also an editor for a daily newspaper in Florida. Before becoming an editor, Lee was an investigative reporter at newspapers in three states and a U.S. Territory. Before becoming a journalist, he worked as a police officer. Before becoming a cop, Lee served in the Army. He’s earned more than a dozen national journalism awards as a reporter, and three medals of valor as a cop. Lee is an avid tactical shooter.

Lee Williams

Unlicensed Bozo
Unlicensed Bozo(@joe-bleu)
14 days ago

Where in Florida?

Big PP
Big PP(@swfl2a)
1 month ago

Great article, I would LOVE to see companies in the firearm industry, and thoes that market to the firearm industry added to the list, there are a few and everyone should be educated as to who these turncoats are.

Twodogs
Twodogs(@twodogs)
1 month ago

While we are attempting to determine who to do business with I watched the following video and it connected a lot of dots that I knew existed but could not say for sure. Most all of the companies listed are all tied together. I encourage you as freedom loving Americans to watch this video, every second was worth it and I have decided I would try to get as many people to watch it as possible. It is a great way to show some of the sleeping Americans what is really going on behind the scenes and who is pulling… Read more »

BaerArms
BaerArms(@baerarms)
1 month ago

wait. people still pay for windows?

Wolf44
Wolf44(@soldier44)
1 month ago

Firehouse subs are awesome and they don’t discriminate against gun owners. At least in my area they don’t. As a trucker I travel to many states that support the 2nd and only do business with companies I know support the 2nd. I have found that Firehouse Subs are better because they don’t short you on the meats. Plus they put the sandwich in a box type container that allows you to keep it fresher. Where I live there are some local sandwich shops that I will do business with. Search your local area and you might find a sandwich shop… Read more »

Tank
Tank(@voodoo6actual)
1 month ago

Kudos. The list is a start & at least makes an effort to discern which businesses are Marxist/Fascist ideologically oriented. Why hasn’t/doesn’t GOA or NRA call out one stinking False Flag ? NOT ONCE have either of those organizations ever used that common term “False Flag”. NOT once … If you think of yourself as a moral & Intellectually honest person, ask yourself the question why is that ? KEEP THE FALSE FLAG FLYING https://tapnewswire.com/2021/10/keep-the-false-flag-flying/ World’s a rigged Corporate Fascist PsyOp stage. Support independent small businesses & live your life as free as possible to Rebel tyranny every way possible.… Read more »

Last edited 1 month ago by Tank
SGT_Wombat
SGT_Wombat(@wbielins)
1 month ago

NOT YUM Brands. 🙁 There goes my KFC and Taco-Bell trips. I’ll go to Popeye’s I guess. But there’s no similar Taco joint by me.:-(

Intrceptor
Intrceptor(@intrceptor)
Reply to  SGT_Wombat

Popeye’s is owned by the same company as Burger King.

JC
JC(@jeffinthedesert)
1 month ago

Note, the Ford Foundation, while originally created by Henry and Edsel, has been corrupted. However per Wiki – “Between 1955 and 1974, the foundation sold its Ford Motor Company holdings and now plays no role in the automobile company.”

Big George
Big George(@biggeo44)
1 month ago

…”Costco, on the other hand, will be difficult.”
Not really. When I heard about COSTCO, I joined Sam’s Club. Just as good products, many cheaper and free delivery with a $45/year membership!

Russn8r
Russn8r(@russn8r)
Reply to  Big George

Sadly, Sam’s Club is owned by ChiCom whores.

Last edited 1 month ago by Russn8r
musicman44mag
musicman44mag(@xman)
1 month ago

Thank you Ammoland for the list. I printed it and will use it. Using the same tactics against the left that they employ on the right is exactly what needs to be done, IMO.

OrGONE>

Sambo
Sambo(@sam)
1 month ago

I would like to see the specific reasons listed for each company so the issue could be addressed via correspondence with the company. Simply saying “anti-gun” is using a broad brush to paint them. At one time, that may have been enough.
I have not bought Levi’s since they started pressuring the Boy Scouts to abandon basic morals.

Xaun Loc
Xaun Loc(@xaunloc)
Reply to  Sambo

Giving a “specific reason” would require the people compiling such lists to actually HAVE a reason… Something more valid than My brother-in-law knows a guy who heard from his cousin that a friend’s hair dressed said… The vast majority of the companies on any of these lists (and yes there are many such lists) are there because someone scoured the donor lists of various campaigns and copied down the names of all the businesses or business leaders who contributed to any organization or campaign the person compiling the list opposes. THIS list appears to be purely a list of companies… Read more »

Levelhead
Levelhead(@shootist)
1 month ago

I was pleased to find that there are only three companies on that list that I do business with and two of them (Microsoft and Levi’s) I only buy once every 4-5 years. Can’t figure out how I could do without Microsoft but I’ll switch to Lee’s or Wrangler. But Subway is dam near my favorite food so I’ll still buy a sandwich every week or so.
I don’t know most of the companies listed so it would be helpful if their main product was listed with the name when added to the list.

Tionico
Tionico(@tionico)
Reply to  Levelhead

Switch to ChikFilA or Five Guys. Or find a local mom n pop joint. They can often provide far more than just asammich. Go there often enuogh they will recognise you nd make friends with yuo.Then you are not only not dealing with tyrants but trading wiht friends.

Russn8r
Russn8r(@russn8r)
Reply to  Tionico

I patronized ChikFilA until they bent over for the LGBTQ nazis and F’d over The Salvation Army.

Yesterday InNOut Burger told San Fransicko vax nazis to GF themselves. I’ve eaten there twice since then. Delicious.

musicman44mag
musicman44mag(@xman)
Reply to  Levelhead

If you like pastrami, go to ToGo’s if you have one. They are better than firehouse or subway. I believe they use real meat too. LOL IMO.

Russn8r
Russn8r(@russn8r)
Reply to  musicman44mag

Subway sucks. ToGo’s & Jersey Mike’s are good. JM’s is all USA product. Watch out for undisclosed ChiCom food & processing.

musicman44mag
musicman44mag(@xman)
Reply to  Russn8r

I try and avoid anything made in China. I can’t believe that we have our drugs made there, how stupid is that. They showed they don’t care about our children with the poison and lead in the toys, they showed they don’t care about our dogs with the poison in the food, they showed they don’t care about the world with how they didn’t tell us about covid.

Never heard of Jersey Mikes, gotta give them a shot, thanks.

Russn8r
Russn8r(@russn8r)
Reply to  musicman44mag

If the label’s vague assume ChiCom e.g. “Made in USA with globally sourced ingredients” = ChiCom. Even “Made in USA” barely means F all anymore. I read a few days ago that “Made in USA” labeling is legal for products that are xy% USA (55% I think). Assume the other 45% is ChiCom. Massive fraud.

>50% of seafood eaten here is from or processed by ChiComs. E.g. faux U.S. firm Trident Seafood. Allegedly caught in “U.S.” waters (by Americans or ChiComs?), but Trident told me it’s 100% processed in China. ChiComs are big on pork too so watch out there.

Last edited 1 month ago by Russn8r
Peck Erwood
Peck Erwood(@peck-erwood)
Reply to  Russn8r

Go figure the same guy spouting ignorant nazi comments also uses the term chicom. What a fucking joke

Big PP
Big PP(@swfl2a)
Reply to  musicman44mag

Subway is on the above list

Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove(@dr-strangelove)
1 month ago

To everyone complaining about the missing firms on the list, it only goes to G. Click on it for the complete page.

swmft
swmft(@swmft)
1 month ago

ge is such a bunch of Hippocrates they make military weapons,that they should be selling to public. I want a gau8 for my truck

Wass
Wass(@wass)
1 month ago

Surely, we’d all like to own American manufactured vehicles, but are you aware, The Ford Foundation and The GM Foundation are major contributors to organizations inimical to law-abiding civilian gun rights? Put them at the top of the list.

Tionico
Tionico(@tionico)
Reply to  Wass

No worries.. Toyota, Mercedes, Mazda, Honda, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Volkswagen, all manufacture here in the states. Not sure aobut BMW. LandRover. And huge parts of Ford and GM are made offshore.. why do you think they can’t get compouters to make their cars run? China…… and every “electric” car use batteries and control systems made offshore.

Wild Bill
Wild Bill(@wild-bill)
Reply to  Tionico

Yes, well stated. And America has hundreds of years of petroleum. China has none. America has little rare earth minerals. China has hundreds of years worth. So … of course … Americans must be made to switch to electric battery vehicles!

JohnC7
JohnC7(@johnc7)
1 month ago

I have seen the list before.. and I too am disappointed in seeing so many ubiquitous businesses come out against the 2A… AND will try to lessen my contributions to their bottom line.. But what I would LOVE to see is this list expand to include alternatives to the Anti’s so that we can support the Pro’s.. THAT would be constructive and help out those who support our rights. AMMOLAND, GOA, USCCA, FPC, NAGR, SAF and all the state groups. (I purposely omitted the big guy.. ) … maybe all join together to start a website that we can access… Read more »

tim
tim(@sailorcowboy)
1 month ago

Why apologize for the use of the word “boycott?” Has it been officially banned by the PC police? The communists use the word boycott obsessively and not just against companies they don’t like but WHOLE states of the union that aren’t as pathologically “woke” (aka culturally comatose) as they demand them to be! If Cali-comunismo can boycott Texas or Georgia then I sure as heck can boycott Cali-comunismo or Coke!!!!

Peck Erwood
Peck Erwood(@peck-erwood)
Reply to  tim

Who do you think owns all those companies and runs this site ? They all have (((one))) thing in common

Henry Bowman
Henry Bowman(@henry_bowman)
1 month ago

I’ve NEVER stepped foot in a Dick’s, and never will.

Dicks About Gun Control.png
willyd
willyd(@willyd)
Reply to  Henry Bowman

The only time I ever set foot in a Dick’s store was when I had to deliver product to them in their receiving department, then and only then, but their snob attitude was a turn-off to going out to the actual store was a total turn-off, so now with their turn on guns it is even more likely that I won’t be going in there any time soon!!!!!!!!!!

BigMoose
BigMoose(@mikemcc)
Reply to  willyd

Thank you I thought it was just me the few times I was in my local store. It must be part of the employee training, felt like they were looking down on me like I was lesser than them.

BigMoose
BigMoose(@mikemcc)
Reply to  Henry Bowman

I was never a fan of Dick’s, only thing I bought from there was a bicycle years ago now.
And don’t forget some of their parent companies which include the following; Field & Stream which are being phased out for the new Public Lands concept, Golf Galaxy, Affinity Sports, Galyan’s Trading Company and Golfsmith

Henry Bowman
Henry Bowman(@henry_bowman)
1 month ago

Did I miss something or is this the 2nd article in as many days about a list of anti-gun businesses? I recall another article citing SAF’s list using the same sales pitch.

I support SAF so I don’t mind the repeat mention of “The List”, but I thought there would be something new to say. Just the same, I encourage everyone here to save this list and check with SAF occasionally for updates to the list.

Russn8r
Russn8r(@russn8r)
Reply to  Henry Bowman

I can’t back SAF after Gottlube-Workman abused it to put/keep faux pro-gun ‘Libertarian’ islamophile Groveler al Nor’Qu’ist on NRA’s ‘board of directors’.

Last edited 1 month ago by Russn8r
Knute Knute
Knute Knute(@knute)
1 month ago

Missing from this list is Anheuser-Busch/Budweiser. They’ve been giving millions to gun control for decades. The only major brewery I’ve been able to find that doesn’t is Miller.

WI Patriot
WI Patriot(@wi-patriot)

“God-given constitutional rights.”
THIS is what I take issue with…

Henry Bowman
Henry Bowman(@henry_bowman)
Reply to  WI Patriot

What issue? Our nation’s founding documents state unequivocally that our Rights are God-given. So, do you take issue with God or with our founding documents?

Know Jesus, know liberty.
NO JESUS, NO LIBERTY!

musicman44mag
musicman44mag(@xman)
Reply to  Henry Bowman

Hi Henry. I am not sure what WI patriot meant with their comment but maybe my comment to everyone might shed some light on what they meant. Maybe.

Peck Erwood
Peck Erwood(@peck-erwood)
Reply to  musicman44mag

I think he was very clear i dont know how he could have been any clearer, really.

Peck Erwood
Peck Erwood(@peck-erwood)
Reply to  Henry Bowman

Separation of church and state . Our nation was founded by (((freemasons)))

DonP
DonP(@donp)
Reply to  WI Patriot

If you have such a problem with the way our rights are in this country, I’m sure that we could take up a collection to buy you a one-way ticket to one of the numerous countries that don’t allow their citizens those rights. May I suggest Russia, China, Cuba or Venezuela?

incorrigible
incorrigible(@old-fa-man)
Reply to  DonP

The way that things are going, Russia might not be such a bad choice.

DonP
DonP(@donp)
Reply to  incorrigible

I’ll give you that one!

Peck Erwood
Peck Erwood(@peck-erwood)
Reply to  incorrigible

Antisemitism is illegal in russia. Unless your a jewish oligarch you are not going to have a good time

WI Patriot
WI Patriot(@wi-patriot)
Reply to  DonP

GFY…

DonP
DonP(@donp)
Reply to  WI Patriot

The truth hurts, doesn’t it!
This country is currently being run into the toilet due to incompetence and the want for power.

Peck Erwood
Peck Erwood(@peck-erwood)
Reply to  DonP

You forgot the US on there…. unless you have a different understanding of the word freedom. You must

DDS
DDS(@dds)
Reply to  WI Patriot

To some they are “God given rights.” To others they are “creator given rights.” To others they are “natural rights.” Regardless, there is a reason why it is OK for an exterminator to gas 6 million termites in a days work, but not OK for the Third Reich to gas 6 million Jews. Explain the difference however you wish. Just don’t say there is no difference.

Last edited 1 month ago by DDS
Tionico
Tionico(@tionico)
Reply to  WI Patriot

leave out the word “constitutional” and you’ve fixed it. Those rights predate and do not derive their existsnce from the constitution. That document only names them and spells them out a bit. It does not confer or grrant them. It only COMMANDS government to leave our rights alone.. something it began ignoring before the first election way back when.

musicman44mag
musicman44mag(@xman)
Reply to  WI Patriot

Taking issue with God Given. I agree. They may have stated God given but it is actually instinctual to protect yourself. When you are about to get into a wreck with your car, don’t you try and move to miss the accident unless you freeze in horror like some people do. If a tree were falling, wouldn’t you move so it would not land on you? If you were doing construction and a board fell from above your head wouldn’t you move to avoid getting hit by it, doesn’t the person that dropped it say look out below? Protecting ourselves… Read more »

Last edited 1 month ago by musicman44mag
Russn8r
Russn8r(@russn8r)
Reply to  musicman44mag

Instinct, ability to reason, and conscience, are gifts from God.

Wild Bill
Wild Bill(@wild-bill)
Reply to  Russn8r

I concur.

musicman44mag
musicman44mag(@xman)
Reply to  Russn8r

I understand with my Christian teachings that everything is a gift from God so I agree with what you are saying.

My point was that the people that don’t believe in God have the same right to the second amendment and putting all of our rights to the second amendment on God is not the only factor to be considered and in times like these we should call everyone brother, believer or not and not alienate anyone. The 2nd amendment needs everyone’s protection.

I don’t mean to offend believers but I do intend to include non believers. Make sense?

Russn8r
Russn8r(@russn8r)
Reply to  musicman44mag

I agree, but thank God 1A recognizes freedom of religion or we’d have very little defense against the vax nazis.

Wild Bill
Wild Bill(@wild-bill)
Reply to  musicman44mag

Rights have to come from something bigger than government, lest government have the power to take away Rights, which in turn means that you really don’t have Rights.
I don’t think that human instinct fills the bill.

musicman44mag
musicman44mag(@xman)
Reply to  Wild Bill

I hope we can agree to disagree. I am free and the only right that I may loose is the one that I agree to let them have over me and in agreeing I have let them make it a privilege.

IMO Toinico has it right in this case.

Again, I state, not everyone believes in God.

Wild Bill
Wild Bill(@wild-bill)
Reply to  musicman44mag

We can always agree to disagree, but if Rights don’t come from something bigger than government … government will diminish or emiminate any one or all Rights.

No agreement with you would be necessary. For example: you exercise a constitutionally enshrined Right. The government says you have no such Right because they passed a statute eliminating that Right. Then the government sends agents to seize and imprison or kill you.

Peck Erwood
Peck Erwood(@peck-erwood)
Reply to  Wild Bill

Your rights come from your willingness to fight for them . You people dont understand the 2nd ammendment at all…

Russn8r
Russn8r(@russn8r)
Reply to  musicman44mag

I sympathize, many rational folks have doubts. That’s why it’s called faith. But there’s so many clues to God’s existence. e.g. how to explain music, Beethoven or Mozart without the existence of God?

Last edited 1 month ago by Russn8r
Russn8r
Russn8r(@russn8r)
Reply to  Russn8r

Whose commie atheist copologist infiltraitor copsucker sock puppet downvoted this?

LOL

Last edited 1 month ago by Russn8r
Wild Bill
Wild Bill(@wild-bill)
Reply to  musicman44mag

The “equal protection clause” proves that the founding fathers did not mean Christians only. Also Geo. Washington invited a Jewish group to settle in the United States before the Constitution was ratified. Thus the Christians only theory can not be what was intended.

musicman44mag
musicman44mag(@xman)
Reply to  Wild Bill

so you are saying that he doesn’t believe and that is why he doesn’t like God being mentioned?

Wild Bill
Wild Bill(@wild-bill)
Reply to  musicman44mag

I am addressing your (music man) reply to WIPatriot from 12:15. I don’t understand your question. Can you rephrase.But you should know that I won’t put words in any commenter’s mouth.

Last edited 1 month ago by Wild Bill
musicman44mag
musicman44mag(@xman)
Reply to  Wild Bill

My question to you was why do you think he made the statement he did. If you don’t want to answer that is ok.

Bottom line is that no one can argue that our rights are for all. I read it as he was finding that God being mentioned was offensive to Him/Her and was trying to make sense to a person that had a question. There is another way to interpret it too. They can be saying that they don’t believe in the constitution. I was just offering another prospective that did not include God.

Wild Bill
Wild Bill(@wild-bill)
Reply to  musicman44mag

I can not speak for another, but it would be easy to ask him what he had in mind.

musicman44mag
musicman44mag(@xman)
Reply to  Wild Bill

I’m confused. This reads to me as if the Jewish people that came here didn’t believe in God or were not Christians? Did I get that right?

Wild Bill
Wild Bill(@wild-bill)
Reply to  musicman44mag

No, you did not get that right. There was a group of Jews that wanted to come to the US. They wrote a letter to president George Washington. Washington helped them.

SGT_Wombat
SGT_Wombat(@wbielins)
Reply to  WI Patriot

God-given is correct. The Constitution and specifically the Bill of Rights tell the government what they CAN’T do to our rights. For instance the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Peck Erwood
Peck Erwood(@peck-erwood)
Reply to  WI Patriot

Lol thats the part you have issue with ? Good grief dont worry you wont have to worry about it much longer, im sure youll love whats to come, the noahide laws

I Haz A Question
I Haz A Question(@ihazaquestion)
1 month ago

Of the 24 total companies listed as examples at the beginning of the article, I patronize 2 of them. The rest get little to nothing from me. However, I want to make a point. It’s not always necessary to completely remove all your business from a company to make an impact. For example, my wife enjoys our longstanding “tradition” of getting a Starbucks coffee and treat together on Sundays. Beginning a few years ago, Schultz (while he was still running the company) began making decisions and public statements that run contrary to traditional values, so we reduced our patronage from… Read more »

Ansel Hazen
Ansel Hazen(@ansel-hazen)
1 month ago

The other thing you can do is stop using plastic when you are shifting your purchases to locally owned business. All those banks looking to restrict our ability to purchase firearm related products make their money on the processing fee charged to the store. Walk over to that ATM and pull out cash. Deny the bank their cut, save the store that fee they would have paid and the store gets a part of the fee the ATM charges for locating it on the premises.

Henry Bowman
Henry Bowman(@henry_bowman)
Reply to  Ansel Hazen

Good point!

Tionico
Tionico(@tionico)
Reply to  Ansel Hazen

the ATM fees also feed the bast so stop using the in store units. Find one assi=ociated iwht yruo bank and use that/ No fees. Better yet, don’t use any of the najor banks (they are all in cahoots with da gummit) Sign up with a local credit union that is part of the natioinwise ‘shared Branching network.. travel anywhere, no fees for any other Shared Branching iron teller. And your money stays local. with respect to the banking and of things.

Tionico
Tionico(@tionico)
1 month ago

Just a bit of looking and you will find a locally owned/operated coffeehouse that wil ll provide quality products at or below the cost at the green mer-thing. Their coffee is part of why I never drank coffee at all until a few years ago.. it is so horrid I never could swallow a mouthful. Find a local shop that roasts on-site. Depending on what part of the country you live in, this could be easy or very difficult. You will also be doing your body a favour by no longer ingesting the strange chemicals used at Charbux to make… Read more »

Tionico
Tionico(@tionico)
1 month ago

have you ever checked eBay for new parts, items, etc? I regularly purchase auto and equipment parts for my work from vendors selling on eBay. Just bought a new OEM replacement part for a Toyota in the shop… or own projuect car. $15 delivered. Local partsmen want $85, wuth my discount, and Toyota far more than that. Car won’t stop setting Check Engine light wihtout it. Sure I have to wait a few days, but so on WhammyZon. I despise Bezos entire business in every aspect of it (I sold on Amazon for years, they are commie tyrants run by… Read more »

Degforyou
Degforyou(@deg4u)
Reply to  Tionico

Ebay is on the list too. I use to spend a lot on Amazon till I heard about them in cohorts with demokats. I hated to but I stopped giving them my bussiness and told them I want the rest of my membership refunded, they did. I’d spent 3 or 4 thousand or more over last few years. Saves me a lot of money since I ditched them.

Autsin Miller III
Autsin Miller III(@austin-miller-iii)
1 month ago

Thank you SO MUCH for this article and the reminder that money talks! I’m not sure what the difference is between a boycott and me not doing any business with the folks on this list but I’m in. Many of them I had already quit patronizing but there are a few on the list I was not aware of and they just lot my business!

Wild Bill
Wild Bill(@wild-bill)
1 month ago

The difference is in the message. With a boycott, one says “I will be a customer again when the company stops some unwanted behavior.” It tells the business that there is still profit to be made.
Not doing any business, and you will never be a customer for them. Nothing is to be gained by appeasing you.
One is powerful the other is not.

Autsin Miller III
Autsin Miller III(@austin-miller-iii)
Reply to  Wild Bill

Thanks WB, I was kind of kidding but you made a really good point and I see the wisdom in the difference.

Wild Bill
Wild Bill(@wild-bill)
1 month ago

Oh, if I miscued, I apologize.

Autsin Miller III
Autsin Miller III(@austin-miller-iii)
Reply to  Wild Bill

Not at all, you were absolutely correct. And it made perfect sense. In fact it reminded me to be careful how I communicate with companies about their policies. If they think they are never going to get the business why should they care? Thanks for the reminder.