U.S.A. –-(AmmoLand.com)- FPC Law is investigating a purported internal ATF email alleging that businesses which manufacture, distribute, or sell ‘forced-reset triggers’—specifically referring to “Rare Breed and Wide-Open Triggers (FRT Trigger).”— will be subject to forfeitures if they do not surrender “documents and FRT’s” [sic].
While the publicly available copy of the email contains several typographical errors and FPC’s understanding is that it has not yet been verified or confirmed by the agency, out of an abundance of caution, FPC suggests that all individuals, entities, and businesses who are now or have been in possession of ‘forced-reset triggers’ consider the below measures through which you may be able to protect and preserve your rights should ATF contact you, visit you, and/or demand that you surrender any item in your possession.
FPC has and will continue to fight to defend and advance the People’s individual rights, liberty, and private property. Visit FPCLaw.org for more information about our litigation, including challenges to unconstitutional acts, policies, and regulations by federal agencies, state and local gun bans, and other matters.
1. NEVER TALK WITH ANY LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER UNLESS ADVISED TO DO SO BY YOUR LAWYER!
- DO: Politely tell them that you want to speak with or through a lawyer, then stop talking and engage a lawyer.
- If you are detained or arrested, then seek legal advice immediately. You may wish to inform close family and friends how to contact your lawyer to notify them that you have been detained or arrested.
- DO NOT: Speak with anyone (including family members) until your lawyer speaks with and advises you.
- DO NOT: Open doors unless the officers have a warrant. (If they have a warrant then they will use force to gain entry.)
- DO NOT: Leave your home/property or go outside. (They will likely detain you and prevent you from re-entry until they are done and leave.)
- DO NOT: Consent to any search.
2. IF YOU CHOOSE OR ARE FORCED TO PROVIDE PROPERTY TO THE ATF:
- IF YOU CAN: Have legal counsel represent you and engage with federal agents and the ATF on your behalf.
- DO NOT volunteer any information or speak with any agent other than to advise them that your property is being provided to them under protest.
- DO: Attempt to photograph items being surrendered under protest to document the condition of the items at the time of surrender.
- DO: Ensure that you receive a completed property receipt on ATF Form 3400.23 (Receipt of Property and Other Items).
- DO: After signing, request a copy and/or photograph the signed copy for your records. ONLY sign ATF Form 3400.23.
- DO NOT: Sign ATF Form 3400.1 (Consent to Forfeiture or Destruction of Property and Waiver of Notice)!
- Should you sign Form 3400.1, you voluntarily surrender and relinquish all rights, title, and interest in, and all claims to the property listed on the form!
- DO: Separately document your experience of the encounter in writing.
- Note the location, date, and time of your interaction with the ATF agent(s), the names or other identifying information (ID/badge number, contact number, business card, etc.) of all ATF agents or persons you spoke with, the details of all discussions, and any other information they told or provided you.
If you would like FPC Law to consider your issue for potential legal action, call the FPC 2A Hotline at (855) 252-4510 or visit 2Ahotline.com to report the details of the law enforcement encounter, detention, arrest, and/or seizure.
THE ABOVE IS FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE. SEEK SPECIFIC LEGAL ADVICE FROM YOUR LAWYER.
Firearms Policy Coalition (firearmspolicy.org), a 501(c)4 nonprofit organization, exists to create a world of maximal human liberty, defend constitutional rights, advance individual liberty, and restore freedom. FPC’s efforts are focused on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms and adjacent issues including freedom of speech, due process, unlawful searches and seizures, separation of powers, asset forfeitures, privacy, encryption, and limited government. The FPC team are next-generation advocates working to achieve the Organization’s strategic objectives through litigation, research, scholarly publications, amicus briefing, legislative and regulatory action, grassroots activism, education, outreach, and other programs. FPC Law (FPCLaw.org), is the nation’s largest public interest legal team focused on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, and the leader in the Second Amendment litigation and research space.
Remind me how a un Constitutional law being enforced by a un Constitutional agency falls in line with the 2 nd. amendment…
It falls within the constitution under the “might makes right” clause.
Which reminds me of the exit clause in the Declaration.
we are close to the bounce the government on its head point
Nope! This ILLEGAL action by an ILLEGAL BUREAUCRACY falls under; “Rule comes out of the barrel of a gun law”(paraphrased).
One way to shut federal agents down a bit.
Better yet call all the neighbors that you can to come over and record them.
or a local sherif that does not like them to arrest them how great would that be
I suggest a pre ATF raid sale. Put them all on sale for 10 dollar profit sold on a cash basis only. Empty the warehouses and make the trigger company rich so they have more money to hire more attorneys to fight the ATF with.
We all win.
They should donate them in the name of freedom to all who want one, or two.
See, you dream too. Lol. It’s fun to debate and kick different ideas around. Too bad we know it will never happen.
Why give them away? While I’d never put one on my credit card – today I’d be willing to pay fairly well for one – if I believe I can do so anonymously. No desire to ever enjoy the hospitality at club fed, nor do I wish to go out in a blaze of glory. I’d consider the cost a donation toward legal defense of our civil rights. We cannot expect FRT to pay all the cost of supporting our rights. We all need to chip in – while money may still work well enough to preserve the union and… Read more »
guess you missed all the bs last summer
i would pay 150 for a frt15 the almost 400 no cash no receipt bet they could sell more than 1,000 on those terms in a day
I think when the final hours are approaching if they do follow through with their illegal action that there will be bunch sold to buddies for cash and they will still be on the market. I wouldn’t be surprised if the chinese are gearing up to make them right now.
True, it’s like people who pay 90 bucks for an anodized 80% and then spend 300 on the bits and fixture when you can buy a finished Anderson or aero lower for 50 bucks.
People will pay that extra to have no 4473 that the atf will put into their searchable data base. That’s “not an illegal” registration! Lol
At first I wanted a Bumpstock just for the fun of it. Glad I didn’t after firing a friends. Totally uncontrollable in my case and without a bipod or standing on perfectly flat ground it just tore up my back. Then I thought Binary sounds good. Then I think I like FRT even better. Sadly I live in WA. State. Land of the new communist state of the west coast. This side of the country is lost and it sounds like the east side(Atlantic States) is just as bad. It’s coming to a reckoning and soon, for sure.
NO JUSTIFIED REASON FOR THIS ATTACK! FRT TRIGGER IS A ” TWO ACTION TRIGGER ” BY THE ATF RULES – SINGLE ACTION OF TRIGGER – THIS ‘FRT’ IS TWO ACTIONS ! = PULL TRIGGER ( BANG) – RELEASE TRIGGER ( BANG) —- IS “NOT A FULL AUTO TRIGGER ” ! FACT ! FULL AUTO IS > ONE PULL = RAPID BANGS ! UNTIL YOU RELEASE TRIGGER !!! ASK OUR MILITARY SOLDIERS !!!! ATF HAS NO JUSITFIED REASON! THIS IS AND ACT OF “TYRANNY’ — ‘DICTATORSHIP’ == DO AS I SAY B.S.! THESE ARE ‘BIDENS’ – BULLIES – ATTACKING ALL “ACCESSORIES… Read more »
Pardon my ignorance, I’ve never fired one of these triggers…so they fire one round when you squeeze the trigger, then they fire another round when you release the trigger after that first shot? I didn’t know that. I’ve eyed those, but felt like I couldn’t afford one. I thought the trigger just kicked back pretty quickly so another round could be squeezed off.
no they kick back your finger after shot is fired, the ones that fire on pull and release ore ok for now
Unfortunately, they are not okay in WA. state anymore. Vendors cannot ship to us in the northern California suburbs, as in WA.
you think this is bad, just wait until you hear about the auto-keycard and Matt from CRS firearms
Tell us about them.
You’re thinking of binary triggers. The FRT only fires on the pull. It simply eliminates the step of releasing before you can pull again by resetting the trigger for you.