New York State Primary Endorsements & Recommendations from NYSRPA
Get out the voters and protect your gun rights.
New York –-(AmmoLand.com)- Next Tuesday is primary day and voter mail will be arriving in mailboxes over the next few days. Here is the list of endorsements & voting recommendations.
John Greene is running for Kent Town Board in Putnam Co. He is a R&P member and pres. of the local Pheasants Forever chapter. Go help him. http://www.johngreene4kent.com
Vote AGAINST all of these guys:
- Manhattan District Attorney candidate Richard Aborn. He's the former head Handgun Control (now the Brady Campaign).
- New York City Comptroller candidate David Yassky. He wrote the Brady Bill when he was an aide to then Congressman Chuck Schumer.
- Middletown Mayor Marlinda Duncanson and Binghamton Mayor Matthew Ryan. Both joined Bloomberg's MAIG coalition and Duncanson made a big deal about it.
- City of Albany Mayor Gerald Jennings and Councilmen Dominick Calsolaro and James Scalzo. Jennings joined MAIG while Calsolaro & Scalazo sponsored the bills in the Common Council.
- Suffolk County Legislator Kate Browning and Brookhaven Town Boardmember Jane Bonner. They are responsible for attempts to close the trap & skeet range.
Turnout is always low for primaries which is why incumbents hate them. It is important to get as many gunnies to show up and vote as possible, especially in NYC where we have a realistic shot at knocking out Aborn & Yassky. We have members and clubs in NYC and they can vote too. Duncanson lost party backing and we have a decent shot at getting rid of her as well.
Jacob J. Rieper, Vice President of Legislative & Political Affairs New York State Rifle & Pistol Association http://www.nysrpa.org
The New York State Rifle & Pistol Association is the state’s largest and oldest firearms advocacy organization. Since 1871, our organization has been dedicated to the preservation of Second Amendment rights, firearm safety, education and training, and the shooting sports. Our membership consists of individuals and clubs throughout the state. We are a not-for-profit 501(c)4 organization and the official NRA-affiliated State Association in New York.