Washington, DC - -(Ammoland.com)- Students for Concealed Carry is a national, non-partisan, grassroots organization comprising over 43,000 college students, professors, college employees, parents of college students, and concerned citizens who believe that holders of state-issued concealed handgun licenses should be allowed the same measure of personal protection on college campuses that they enjoy virtually everywhere else.
The group will hold its third Students for Concealed Carry Conference at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C., on August 5, 2014, from 12:00 noon–5:00 p.m.
In an effort to encourage increased student participation, the Crime Prevention Research Center ( CPRC ) is offering travel reimbursement vouchers for Air Fare and Hotel rooms for college age activists to attend.
“If our fight to protect our Second Amendment Rights is going to be a success we need to get young people from around the country to attend, as they are the future of America” says John R Lott, President of the Crime Prevention Research Center.
The event will include debates, education and training for activists as well as panels including:
Schedule of Events
- Women victims and gun-free zones on college campuses
- Alexandria (Allie) Lainez, University of Northern Florida
- Taylor Woolrich, Dartmouth
- Holly Adams
- Nicole Goeser
- John Lott, President, Crime Prevention Research Center
- Chelsea Parsons, Director, Crime and Firearms Policy, Center for American Progress
- Joyce Lee Malcolm, George Mason University
- Steven W. Dulan, Thomas M. Cooley Law School
- Clayton Cramer, College of Western Idaho
- Jan Morgan, Law Enforcement and Civilian Instructor
- Sheriff Al Cannon, Charleston County, South Carolina
- SCC Lawsuit Against Ohio State University
- Derek DeBrosse, Esq., Barney DeBrosse, LLC
- Curt Oda (UT), House Judiciary Chairman
- Andrea LaFontaine (MI), State Representative
- Student Panel
- Stephanie Youssef, University of Illinois
- Kimberly M. Shepard, Thomas M. Cooley Law School
- Leadership Institute Workshop
- Grassroots Activism for College Students
- Concluding Remarks
The event will feature many distinguished speakers, including author and scholar John R. Lott Jr., a panel of women speaking of their experiences in gun-free zones on college campuses, an academic panel for legal analysis, military and police trainers, and state legislators from across the country.
Students for Concealed Carry has a limited number of travel vouchers and hotel rooms for this event. Previous events have been well attended and were a great success. Book your tickets soon to get the best deals! Because of the limited number of vouchers, the group needs to know in advance that you are coming.
Students for Concealed Carry on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ConcealedCampus