Today is Wednesday, October 22, 2014rss RSS feed

Chiappa Releases a New .22 Rimfire 1911 Semi-Auto for $299

Chiappa 22 caliber 1911 Clone Pistol

Chiappa 22 caliber 1911 Clone Pistol

Dayton, OH --(AmmoLand.com)-Dayton, OH, September 2009 – Yes you read right, a complete .22 caliber 1911 .45ACP clone pistol for under $300!

For a price under most 1911/.22 conversion units MKS Supply, Inc., is making available a fantastic buy for gun owners across the country.

“We feel this affordable, accurate, reliable pistol will be exceptionally received by those who want a 1911 ACP clone in the popular, affordable and fun .22 LR rimfire round.”

Details
This is a full size clone of the standard 1911 .45 ACP. The weight is less than the original 1911 because both the slide and the frame are constructed of aluminum alloy. The lighter slide in particular also allows for reliable functioning it has much less mass for the recoil action of the diminutive .22LR round to function.

The internal components of the 1911-22 are all steel of course. The barrel is fixed to the frame to provide better accuracy. The fixed barrel also eliminates some not necessary parts found in the original .45 which was designed for full disassembly due to battlefield conditions.

Finish on the slide and frame is a tough flat black oxide finish. MKS Supply is also going to make available models with olive drab and desert tan powder coated slides.

Magazines are made of industrial-grade polymer and have been proven in extensive testing to be incredibly reliable as the polymer forming process ensures they are identical thus eliminating steel assembly and fit variances. And yes, MKS Supply will offer extra magazines at a no-gouge price around $20 MSRP.

Specifications:

• Stocks (grips): Walnut with laser cut checkering.
  • Sights: Dovetail rear-drift adjustable sight (like original military sights).
  • Barrel length: 5-inches.
  • Physical dimensions: Same as the standard 1911.
  • Weight: 32-ounces (a standard military 1911 .45ACP is approximately 40-ounces).
  • Models: Standard black finish, olive drab finish, and desert tan finish.
  • Magazine capacity: 10-rounds. One magazine is included.
  • Warranty: Full-year parts and labor.
  • Manufacturer: Chiappa U.S.A., Dayton Ohio.

Consumers and dealers may gain more information by going to www.1911-22.com NOTE: The website is currently under construction and is expected to be up by about October 5th.

MKS Supply can be contacted directly at: MKS supply, Inc, 8611-A north Dixie Drive, Dayton OH 45414. or by calling 937-454-0363 or 877-425-4867.

Visit Charter Arms at the SHOT Show. Booth 15549

About:
MKS Supply is proud to be a part of the American traditions of gun manufacturing—and gun ownership. We will partner responsibly with gun makers, retailers and enthusiasts to maintain those traditions for the future.

• 23 User comments to “Chiappa .22 Rimfire 1911 Semi-Auto for $299”

1. ConcealThis.com – Your Concealed Carry Resource & Forums » Chiappa .22 Rimfire 1911 Semi-Auto for $299 on September 26, 2009 at 11:29 PM said:

[...] Source: AmmoLand [...]

2. barry weiner on November 22, 2009 at 1:35 AM said:

I saw your ad for the 1911-22 in my last issue of American Rifleman magazine. I am very much interested in purchasing a 1911-22. I hold a valid pistol carry permit from the State of Ct. Please let me know how I should proceed in order to purchase this firearm. Thank you very much.

3. Bill Thomson on November 27, 2009 at 9:40 PM said:

I too am interested in acquiring a 1911-22. Please inform me as to how I can purchase one. I do a lot of recreational shooting and have always admired the 1911 platform but the 45 cal. is too expensive to shoot much at all.

4. Richard Halverson on December 3, 2009 at 3:11 PM said:

I too am interest in purchasing the new 1911-22.

Where or how do I find one?

5. Got my Chiappa .22 Rimfire 1911 Semi-Auto today, pent about 300 rounds, A+ “Perfection” best $295.00 I ever spent.
      Paul
      Hot Springs, Arkansas

6. GERALD BERG on March 23, 2010 at 10:34 PM said:

GOT MY 1911 22 SHOOTS GREAT WILL LET MY COLT SERVICE ACE REST FOR A SPELL

7. Where can I get your 45/22?

8. Raymond Lussier on April 10, 2010 at 1:04 PM said:

I recently purchased a 1911-22 black, it came with one magazine,where can I purchase extra mags?

9. Richard Gallichio on April 25, 2010 at 11:04 PM said:

is this 22 pistol legal in California and if so where can I get one.
      It looks really great.

10. Joe Merrick on May 2, 2010 at 9:10 PM said:

Want one of these-Read in American Rifleman-The steel trigger group is what I’d want and maybe the taget sight modle! Can you advise me on these issues-May buy several-Write up was all good!
      thanks.
      Joe-Louisville Ky.

11. Tom Nelson on May 4, 2010 at 1:58 PM said:

Where can purchase extra mags also?

12. Randall DeBerg on May 4, 2010 at 11:03 PM said:

Where can I see and buy the Chiappa 1911-22 in Iowa?

13. gary snyder on May 6, 2010 at 7:15 AM said:

Where do I get one, let me know. Thanks, Gary.

14. Gene Williams on May 9, 2010 at 11:03 AM said:

Could you tell me why i was told this chiappa 1911-22 can’t be sold in Il. I have a valid FOID card but i was told at a farmking store there was a recall but nobody could tell me why,i would really like to buy one of these guns.

15. Maynard Miracle on May 14, 2010 at 1:18 PM said:

Purchased the 1911-22, it holds up to the NRA write-up. I fired 200 rds. from 3 different brand name ammo companys, no jamming, feed was smooth And my wife has no problem pulling the slide. Only comment is the trigger is really rough and shooting off hand is almost impossible….. Is it Possible for me to correct this..

16. Wes Plant on June 8, 2010 at 9:33 PM said:

Where can i purchase one in New Hampshire

17. Robert Bentley on July 11, 2010 at 10:44 PM said:

Any idea as to where I can purchase a Chiappa 1911-22 in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, area code 22801?

18. lee nettleton on July 21, 2010 at 5:36 PM said:

Grips for 1911-22, can you furnish the plain double diamond grips?
      I prefer a set without any logo printed on them.
      Pls advise including price & ordering instns.
      Lee

19. Ron McMillin on June 9, 2012 at 4:02 PM said:

How can I purchase a 22 Crew? I live in Utah..Do you have a dealer here or can I purchase on-line? Thank You…

20. Albert L. Fogel on June 28, 2012 at 7:12 PM said:

I would like to obtain and purchase a Opertional Manual for the Chiappa Model 1911-22.
      Can you assist in this request

afogel@aol.com

21. How to get one at that price Dealers in this area tack on another $125.00 to $150.00 More plus a $50.00 Transfer

22. Paul Lagnese on January 23, 2013 at 6:40 PM said: