By Rob Eichmann, You can follow on Twitter: @RobEichmannNJ
Trenton, NJ – -(Ammoland.com)- Earlier yesterday, in an abbreviated legislative session because of the Joint Session of the Legislature for Governor Christie’s State of the State Address, liberal New Jersey Democrats managed to introduce 18 new Gun Control bills in an effort to further deprive you of your 2nd Amendment right.
While the exact language of some of the bills will not be available until tomorrow at the earliest, the remainder will be available next week; the titles of them are scary enough.
All of them appear to be a massive expansion of Government intrusion into the private lives of law abiding New Jersey citizens and their families if you wish to exercise your 2nd Amendment right. Until the specific language of the bills becomes available, presumably starting tomorrow, it is difficult to determine if any part of any of these bills will curb violence, much less gun violence; or even curtail criminal activity at all.
The 18 new bills and their titles are listed below.
- A-3645/S-2476 Requires ammunition sales and transfers be conducted as face-to-face transactions.
- A-3646/S-2474 Establishes a regulatory system to govern the sale and transfer of ammunition.
- A-3653 Criminalizes purchasing or owning weapon if person has previous conviction of unlawful possession of weapon.
- A-3659 Revises definition of destructive device to include certain weapons of 50 caliber or greater.
- A-3664 Reduces lawful maximum capacity of certain ammunition magazines in New Jersey.
- A-3666/S-2465 Prohibits mail order, Internet, telephone, and any other anonymous method of ammunition sale or transfer in New Jersey.
- A-3667 Requires mental health screening by licensed professional to purchase a firearm.
- A-3668/S-2467 Prohibits investment by State of pension and annuity funds in companies manufacturing, importing, and selling assault firearms for civilian use.
- A-3676 Requires psychological evaluation and in-home inspection as prerequisite to purchase firearm.
- A-3687 Disqualifies person named on federal Terrorist Watchlist from obtaining firearms identification card or permit to purchase handgun.
- A-3688 Requires mental health evaluation and list of household members with mental illness to purchase firearm.
- A-3689 Requires security guards who carry weapons to wear certain uniform, including identification card.
- A-3690/S-2430 Declares violence a public health crisis, recommends expansion of mental health programs, recommends federal adoption of gun control measures, and establishes “Study Commission on Violence.”
- AJR-89 Urges President and US Senate to ratify Arms Trade Treaty proposed by United Nations.
- AR-133 Expresses support for creation of task force on gun control led by Vice President Biden.
- S-2464 Regulates sale and transfer of rifle and shotgun ammunition.
- S-2475 Reduces maximum capacity of ammunition magazines to 10 rounds.
- SR-92 Urges Congress to strengthen gun control laws.
Start calling and emailing today and join The New Jersey Second Amendment Society.Visit: www.nj2as.com