Good News And Bad News On Gun Legislation
Virginia –-(Ammoland.com)- THE GOOD NEWS: The good news is that I now have great hope that Senator Mark Obenshain will force a recorded vote on Castle Doctrine and Virginia Firearms Freedom.
He actually moved to suspend the rules and discharge a bill on Eminent Domain that Senator Saslaw had single-handedly bottled up in a sub-committee to die.
He has overcome his fear of Senator Saslaw.
The vote failed but there is now a recorded vote for use in November for those groups that fight for property rights.
For the what-it-is-worth department I support the right not to sell your property to a developer just because the government thinks it is a better use of your property.
Please cut copy and paste and email the message below to Senator Obenshain at [email protected]
Dear Senator Obenshain,
I commend you for moving to suspend the rules and trying to discharge the Eminent Domain bill.
Now please do the same on HB 1573, Castle Doctrine, and HB 1438, Firearms Freedom.
Please let me know when you will do this.
YOUR NAME HERE
THE BAD NEWS: The bad news is that the Republicans in Washington are selling out again in the House.
The Un-Patriotic and Un-American Act could be voted on in the House TODAY.
It continues the so-called Patriot Act that provides:
- Roving, warrantless wiretaps of virtually EVERY form of electronic communication used by U.S. citizens.
- Secret federal searches without warrants OR knowledge of the residents.
- Blanket warrants for the search and seizure of all library records, without naming individual suspects or providing probable cause.
- Judicial warrants replaced with “National Security Letters” signed by unaccountable Obama Administration bureaucrats and gag orders for those served with these letters which make it illegal to tell anyone about it — including your spouse and your priest!
- Drastic expansion of the definition of “domestic terrorism,” which is sure to include gun owners.
- Expands asset seizure to permit the taking of assets from anyone “suspected” of terrorism, even if that person is NEVER charged or sent to trial.
- Lone wolf provisions which allow the government to spy on ANYONE even if they’re not associated with a terrorist organization or foreign national, without due process or notification.
Virginians please call your congressman and tell them to vote “NO” on the Patriot Act at the numbers below:
- Rob Wittman 202 225 4261
- Scott Rigell 202 225 4215
- Randy Forbes 202 225 6365
- Robert Hurt 202 225 4711
- Robert Goodlatte 202 225 5431
- Eric Cantor 202 225 2815
- James Moran 202 225 4376
- Morgan Griffith 202 225 3861
- Frank Wolf 202 225 5136
- Gerry Conolly 202 225 1492
Virginia Gun Owners Coalition is Virginia’s only no-compromise, non-partisan gun lobby patterned after Gun Owners of America on Capitol Hill. VGOC is a non-profit tax-exempt organization under 501(c)(4) of the IRS code. Because we lobby politicians to protect and defend the 2nd Amendment, contributions are not tax deductible for IRS purposes. Visit: www.vgoc.org