EXETER, NH –-(Ammoland.com)- The SIG SAUER Adaptive Carbine Platform (ACP) allows any handgun with an accessory rail to be quickly modifi ed into a personal defense weapon or carbine style firearm.
Regardless of the brand, most pistols equipped with an accessory rail can be mounted to the ACP without the need for modification to the base gun.
Fabricated from solid aircraft-grade aluminum, the ACP sports M1913 rails at the 3, 6 and 9 o’clock positions with a full-length top rail at the 12 o’clock position. Compatible accessories such as lights, red dot sights and lasers can be mounted for additional functionality.
The ACP brings Personal Defense Weapon (PDW) features to almost any handgun.
The ACP offers law enforcement or executive protection that are looking for the quick deployment of a carbine or SMG, but with the controllability of a handgun, the ACP offers everything in one package. An integral hand stop permits the user to get a forward grip without the danger of covering the muzzle. The integral quick-detachable sling mounts allow an ACP-equipped pistol to be carried on a sling for fast access.
The new SIG SAUER ACP allows the shooter access to the pistol’s frame mounted controls, providing an easy training transition and familiar manual of arms. The ACP is also compatible with most sound suppressors.
The ACP is available in three models:
- BASIC ACP – This basic model allows for fast, easy conversion and works with most railed pistols.
- ACP-Enhanced – The Enhanced version includes the new SIG SAUER MIL-GRADE Mini Red Dot Sight, a quick detachable sling swivel and a Single Point Bungee Sling.
- ACP-LE – This National Firearms Act-regulated military/law enforcement model features a top folding shoulder stock. Civilian purchasers must comply with the requirements for registering a short-barreled rifle.
- Machined from Aircraft-Grade Aluminum
- Swappable Folding Charging Handle (Left or Right)
- M1913 Top Rail with Three Additional Rail Sections at 3, 6, and 9 o’clock
- Designed to Work with Railed SIG SAUER Handguns and Most Railed Pistols
- Easily Insert and Remove your Handgun into a Long-Range Stabilized Platform
- Accepts 1913 Compatible Accessories Such as Optics, Lights and Lasers
- Shooter Retains Full Access to all of the Host Pistol Controls
- Integral Hand Stop and Quick-Disconnect Sling Swivel
- Compatible with Most Suppressors
- ACP – LAW ENFORCEMENT PLATFORM
- ACP – ENHANCED PLATFORM
- BASIC ADAPTIVE CARBINE PLATFORM
Click the video for more information on this exciting new pistol accessory that allows any handgun with an accessory rail to be quickly modified into a personal defense weapon or carbine style firearm.
See the SIG SAUER ACP – Adaptive Carbine Platform in action:
About SIG SAUER, Inc.:
SIG SAUER, Inc. is the largest member of a worldwide business group of firearms manufacturers that includes J.P. Sauer & Sohn and Blaser GmbH in Germany and Swiss Arms AG in Switzerland. This global network of companies gives SIG SAUER a world-class firearms knowledge base, unparalleled design expertise, and extensive manufacturing capacity, enabling the company to respond quickly and effectively to changing market conditions and the needs of its military, law enforcement, and commercial markets worldwide. SIG SAUER is an ISO 9001: 2000 certified company with over 370 employees.