Saint Paul, MN -(AmmoLand.com)- We all know that 2016 is going to be a critical year for gun rights in Minnesota.
We’re faced with attacks on our constitutional rights from all corners right now. Here are just a few:
- In Washington, DC, President Obama has stated that he intends to make gun control the signature issue in his remaining year in office.
- On the campaign trail, anti-gun candidates like Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders call for severe new restrictions on our Second Amendment rights, up to and including forced confiscation.
- In Rochester, MN State Rep. Kim Norton calls for bans on open carry, rolling back the permit to carry, a ban on fictitious “exploding bullets”, and an assault weapons ban. She’s even called for mandatory licensing of gun owners and registration of firearms.
- In Ramsey County, MN, the board of elections took it upon themselves to ban firearms from polling places, despite any legal authority to do so.
- In Saint Paul, the Minnesota State Fair prohibits the lawful carry of firearms on the fairgrounds in violation of state law.
We’re even seeing the gun control groups, like Moms Demand Action, try rebranding themselves as a gun safety organization. They’re even teaching courses and offering materials on gun safety and handing out gun locks.
While we’ve been fighting back ever since we started the MN Gun Owners PAC, it’s far past time that we took more aggressive steps to push back against all of these attacks against our rights.
That’s why earlier this year, we began working with a group of strategy, nonprofit, and legal advisors to lay the groundwork for a new grassroots gun rights organization in Minnesota. An organization that would be member oriented, and geared towards the challenges of today in grassroots advocacy, educational efforts, legislation & lobbying, elections, and legal action.
We’re thrilled to announce the launch of the Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus!
The Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus is a grassroots nonprofit dedicated to the full restoration of our firearms freedoms in Minnesota. We’ve been given 501(c)(4) recognition by the Internal Revenue Service.
The Caucus is a member oriented organization – meaning that we’re here to help you elect the candidates that you support, host events that you are interested in attending, and that engages regularly with our members for feedback and guidance.
What will the Caucus do?
The MN Gun Owners Caucus will take over all non-election activity that we were previously doing with MNGOPAC, including managing the MN Gun Report Podcast, grading candidates, and legal action projects.
In addition, the Caucus will launch a set of educational gun safety programs, engage in grassroots advocacy across the state, host major events, and engage in many other areas where there is a strong need for a statewide gun rights organization to make an impact.
What does this mean for the MN Gun Owners PAC?
MNGOPAC has been realigned as a “connected political fund” and will continue to operate in support of its core mission of electing & defending Pro-Second Amendment candidates in Minnesota. MNGOPAC will share the same leadership team & board of directors as the MN Gun Owners Caucus.
Becoming a MN Gun Owners Caucus Member
Caucus members receive a number of benefits, including:
- 24×7 defense of your constitutional rights as a gun owner
- Official MN Gun Owners Caucus membership card
- Discounts on select training and events
- Member-only retail discounts and savings
- Automatic entry to all drawings and gun giveaways
We’re also going to give away a Glock 27 (Gen 3) .40 caliber carry pistol to a member that joins between now and January 31st, 2016. That could be you!
Want to learn more?
- Visit the MN Gun Owners Caucus Website
- Listen to the “Big Announcement” edition of the Minnesota Gun Report, our official podcast.
I would love for you to join us!
The Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus needs your help TODAY!
One year memberships are available for only $40 and include all of the benefits we’ve listed above. Click here to join!
We greatly appreciate your support over the past two years – I hope that you can join us today.
About Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus:
The Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus is a grassroots organization dedicated to protecting and advancing the right of citizens to keep and bear arms. We believe that law-abiding citizens should be able to own and use firearms for all lawful purposes, including self-defense, competition, hunting, and the shooting sports.The Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus is organized as a Minnesota non-profit organization. In December 2015, we were recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(4) social welfare non-profit organization. While we are a non-profit, donations to the Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus are not tax deductible.
For more information, visit: www.gunowners.mn.