Plate rack design modifications improves fit and form for operators
The upgraded SHIFT 360 offers several new features developed for a multitude of mission specifications:
- Single Point Quick Release: A single point quick release system allows the front and rear of the carrier to be removed through one pull of a deployment handle centrally located on the front of the carrier. Ultimately, this provides the ability to remove the carrier from the body quickly and effectively as needed. This is an optional SHIFT 360 variant.
- Additional Rows of Honeywell Spectra Composite Advanced Webless System (AWS): Located on the front platform and cummerbund, additional rows of AWS slitting allow for better equipment placement and customization. Fifteen percent stronger than standard 1000 denier nylon, AWS is slit-, tear- and fatigue-resistant, making it ideal for Special Forces and front line operations.
- Cummerbund Side Load Insert: A redesigned hook and loop side armor panel eliminates excess bulk and bunching under the arm.
- Cummerbund Slide-Lock Attachment System: An improved cummerbund attachment system, this feature consists of slide and lock inserts to ensure a secure attachment of the cummerbund to the plate rack for reinforced support. The AWS slit placement ensures appropriate ballistic overlap with the cummerbund and plate rack.
- Stabilized Shoulders: Additional loops on the ballistic shoulders provide extra stabilization and ensure better shoulder strap securing and placement.
“When the mission evolves from routine to high security, the SHIFT 360 is on your side,” said Todd Mackler, Vice President, Armor. “Design refinements were completed after collaboration with agencies testing the system in the field. Improvements were made to enhance proper fit, form and function as fundamental components of the SHIFT 360.”
The SHIFT 360 is available in Black, Tactical Green (483), Ranger Green, Coyote, Tan (499) and MultiCam. The SHIFT 360 and SHIFT 360 QR base platforms are available in a one-size-fits-all configuration. Optional accessories are available in sizes medium to 2XL based on chest measurements.
Visit booth #12762 at the 2016 SHOT Show for a demonstration.
About PROTECH Tactical:
PROTECH Tactical has maintained the leading position in the tactical armor industry for more than 25 years by continually pursuing its passion to create the gear most coveted by tactical teams throughout the world. PROTECH Tactical takes pride in providing the most comprehensive offering of field proven hard and soft armor. Its cutting edge line up of ballistic tactical vests, shields, armor plates, helmets non-ballistic load-carrying systems and other accessories provide unparalleled head to toe protection. PROTECH Tactical is a part of The Safariland Group family of brands.
For more information, visit www.safariland.com/protech-tactical.
About The Safariland Group:
The Safariland Group is a premier global provider of trusted, innovative, high-quality law enforcement and security products for the public safety, military and outdoor recreation/personal protection markets. Offering many of the world’s most recognizable names in these markets, principal brands include Safariland, ABA, Second Chance, Bianchi, Break Free and Mustang Survival. Forensics brands include Identicator and NIK. The Safariland Group’s mission, Together, We Save Lives, is inherent in the lifesaving products it delivers. The Safariland Group has its headquarters in Jacksonville, FL. The Safariland Group is a trade name of Safariland, LLC.
For more information, visit www.safariland.com.