PEWAUKEE, Wis. -(Ammoland.com)- The 14th annual Florida Big Buck Expo, the state’s premier consumer expo for hunting and outdoor enthusiasts, is returning to Lakeland for three days of all things deer and turkey hunting July 7-9 at The Lakeland Center.
In addition to 250 hunting exhibitors and outfitter booths that will be on-site to showcase the latest in hunting and archery equipment, accessories, clothing and more, other show features include interactive activities, action-packed demonstrations and informative how-to seminars.
Event highlights include:
- Local sportsman can bring in deer from any season for an official measurement and a place in the Trophy Deer Display.
- Attendees can get up close and personal with alligators and a variety of venomous and non-venomous snakes from around the world at the Southeastern Snake Encounter Reptile Wagon. While the most daring event-goers may go so far as to pet some of the exhibit’s residents, those more inclined for viewing will enjoy the reptile stage show presented throughout the weekend.
- With Florida scallop season beginning late June, locals looking for the latest and greatest techniques can get tips from Misty Wells, radio host of “Let’s Take It Outside,” at the Scallop Hunting Information Center.
- Fans can meet with famed outdoor personalities like Eva Shockey, Eddie Slater and Ron Spomer.
- Both novice and advanced hunters can learn how to improve and innovate during seminars hosted by field experts on topics including turkey calling, habitat management, tracking deer with dogs and hunting “outside the box” for whitetail.
- Attendees of all ages can get hands-on experience and try many of the latest compound and crossbows at the archery, bowfishing and bow tryout ranges.
- The new 2018 Ford F-150 will be on-site for exclusive test drives on Friday and Saturday.
- During roaring chainsaw carving demonstrations throughout the weekend, Mike Brownfield will masterfully carve bears, eagles, morel mushrooms and more. Finished products (including custom designs) will be for sale.
- Attendees aged 21 and older with legal I.D. are invited to sample Forty Creek Whisky.
Advance discount tickets are available online for $10 for adult one-day. Tickets purchased at the door will be $13 for adult one-day.
Admission for children ages 6 to 15 is $5. A complimentary one-year subscription to either Field & Stream or Outdoor Life is included with paid admission, and all attendees will be entered into daily drawings for dozens of door prizes from favorite hunting and outdoor lifestyle brands.
The Florida Big Buck Expo returns July 7-9 to The Lakeland Center, located at 701 Lime St. in Lakeland, Fla. Daily event hours are: Friday, 2 p.m. – 8 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., and Sunday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
For more information or to purchase advance discount tickets, visit their website. The site is currently offering a printable coupon for $3 off adult one-day tickets. Discounted lodging deals can be found online.
The Florida Big Buck Expo is produced by Field & Stream and Outdoor Life magazines’ popular Deer & Turkey Expo series and sponsored by Forty Creek Whisky, the 2018 Ford F-150, 97.5 Country WPCV, Adventures Archery, Arrowhead Archery and Leaf Filter.
About Deer & Turkey Expo:
Located in the heartland of America, the Field & Stream/Outdoor Life Deer & Turkey Expos offer the greatest collection of hunting products, services, seminars, displays, activities and experts ever assembled. Including everything from bow trials and archery trick shooting, to trophy deer and shed antler contests, the Deer & Turkey Expos provide the unique opportunity to meet and learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the hunting industry.