Smith & Wesson Model 610 Reintroduced for Spring 2019

Powerful 10mm-Auto revolver available with 4-inch, 6.5-inch barrel.

Smith & Wesson Model 610 Revolver in 10mm
Smith & Wesson Model 610 Revolver in 10mm

SPRINGFIELD, Mass., – -(AmmoLand.com)- Smith & Wesson Corp. today announced that it has reintroduced its Model 610 revolver, chambered in the powerful 10mm Auto cartridge.

Well suited for handgun hunting and protection in the backcountry, the Model 610 is built on the large Smith & Wesson N-frame and is available with either a 4-inch or 6.5-inch barrel.

Jan Mladek, General Manager of Smith & Wesson and M&P brands, said, “With the recent increase in popularity of the 10mm Auto cartridge, we felt it important to offer a 10mm revolver for personal protection and handgun hunting. The N-frame revolver has long been a staple in big-bore revolvers, and the 10mm is a natural caliber addition to the line.”

The Model 610 revolver features a six-round capacity is available with an MSRP of $ 969.00. Designed for use with the included six-shot moon clips, the Smith & Wesson M610 is also capable of firing the 40 S&W cartridge. The Model 610 revolver features a stainless steel frame, barrel and cylinder, black synthetic finger groove grips, black blade interchangeable front sight with an adjustable white outline rear sight.

To learn more about the new Model 610 revolver and the complete line of Smith & Wesson firearms, including spec sheets and images, please click here.

To stay up to date on all of the latest news and events, be sure to follow Smith & Wesson Corp. on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.

Smith & WessonAbout Smith & Wesson

Smith & Wesson Corp. is a provider of quality firearms for personal protection, target shooting and hunting in the global consumer and professional markets. Smith & Wesson is world famous for its handguns and long guns sold under the Smith & Wesson, Performance Center, M&P, Thompson/Center Arms, and Gemtech brands. Through its Manufacturing Services Division, Smith & Wesson Corp. also provides forging, machining, and precision plastic injection molding services to a wide variety of consumer goods companies. For more information on Smith & Wesson, call (800) 331-0852 or log on to www.smith-wesson.com.

Paul Kersey Ghetto New York
Paul Kersey Ghetto New York

I own more than a few S&W revolvers all Pre Lock and have fixed firing pin. I bought 637 J frame .38spl with the lock. I took the works out to do a slight smoothing of action components and reduced power trigger return spring. The lock flag became jarred and fell out of place. I couldn’t get the tiny arm spring back into location and lock wouldn’t stay un engaged. I had to grind the flag down where it says “LOCKED”. removing the flag completely is not an option it causes excess space on the side of the hammer where… Read more »

Ituk Uppoo
Ituk Uppoo

Mark, why do people blame the gun? If it fell apart after you monkeyed with it and cant figger out how it goes back, why blame the gun/maker instead of taking it to the gun doctor so he can fix it for you and show you what you did wrong (monkey with it)?

Haha
Haha
Reply to  Ituk Uppoo

Lol

Steve L Sparks
Steve L Sparks
Reply to  Haha

Let’s see The gun has a useless and unwanted device and removing it makes the gun inoperable? His solution to not buy anymore is sound logic.

allan
allan

Rather have the Ruger GP 100 WITH THE 3″ BARREL IN 10MM, Three point frame lockup !

Shane
Shane

What about bringing back the 310?

willie
willie

i only have one S&W with the Clinton lock – plugged it up with an Original Precision Lock Delete (thanks, JD!) and threw away the key – Smiths aren’t that good quality nowadays anyway and i’ll never buy any firearm with a lock… gun owners of America should all take those stupid locks included with guns and mail them to Nancy Pelosi – her office would be buried under tons of worthless CHICOM metal

TomL
TomL

You don’t like the lock then don’t buy one. Quit whining about it.

allan
allan
Reply to  TomL

Whining is free speech, get over it !

Chuck
Chuck

Why the heck a model 610 when a 41 magnum is a much better cartridge for hunting and model 657’s ste going for sky high prices, if you can find a good one?

Keith
Keith
Reply to  Chuck

41 mag too much money to shoot.

ras
ras
Reply to  Keith

Keith, factory 41 mags are expensive, reloading will save money and you may find a more accurate load for your gun. It allows me to shoot everyday.

Joseph
Joseph
Reply to  Chuck

I agree Chuck . I have 3 , 41 Magnums , including a 41 mountain gun . 41 magnum is the perfect round , designed by Elmer Keith .

gcm
gcm

I had one of these, and a Colt Cobra that I took to the range brand new out of the box, loaded up the wheel, and on the third shot it locked up tight. I had the key in the box, but it made no difference. no matter what way I turned the key it would not release, but I kept messing with it, and finally it unlocked, and I took out remaining rounds, put them back in the box, and went home, and sold that gun the next day. If it locked once it will do it again. No… Read more »

James Brigham (Bigg) Bunyon
James Brigham (Bigg) Bunyon
Reply to  gcm

Sad, I’ve got four with the device … after a combined total of somewhere between 3,000 and 3,500 rounds (lost count of 38 Special) I’ve not had any to fail. As far as I know, and I’m pretty active in our gun club, nobody there is complaining about any sort of failures and there are plenty of us revolver guys and most are like me: old, crusty and prone to speaking our minds.

Rod
Rod

The great thing about America is one has a choice!
And one has a choice to buy a new firearm with or without
Any safety lock systems or not new or used.
Thank goodness I live in the U S!

James Phillippi
James Phillippi

At the top of the article “auto revolver”! I never heard of one! Never saw one ! Never shot one! Pull the trigger once , one shot. This DOES NOT make it an auto. Please write correct information with your articles.

Jake
Jake

“10mm Auto” is the caliber Einstein.

Matt the Cat
Matt the Cat

What the heck is a Hilary hole?

Robert Andrews
Robert Andrews
Reply to  Matt the Cat

The Hillary hole is a small hole just above the release for the wheel. Basically it’s a deal that S and W cut with the Clinton’s. It’s an internal lock that is supposed to render gun from accidentally being fired on revolvers. However it is problematic and can engage during recoil. Basically there is a way to remove it and render it useless. So not sure what the legal issues are removing that feature.

Unicoi
Unicoi
Reply to  Matt the Cat

The key lock above the cylinder thumb latch.

Joseph
Joseph
Reply to  Matt the Cat

As it was said in a Lucky Gunner video: “It’s the place the gun’s soul leaks out.”

Spiro Revelis
Spiro Revelis
Reply to  Matt the Cat

A place to avoid at all costs. Don’t believe me??? Just ask Bill.

Mattt
Mattt

Should have been on an L-frame like the short lived 646…

RAD57
RAD57

There has been a lot of interest in a M&P2.0 10mm and it looks like S&W has responded with the wheel gun. I like the revolvers a lot, but am only interested in M&P2.0 version.

Witehat American patriot
Witehat American patriot

Hillary hole commenters, Hop back on your plane to Moscow you Russian pawns

IT
IT

Hillary hole is on US S&W. like it or not

E
E

Get rid of that damn Hillary hole.

JeffB
JeffB

The Hillary hole is here to stay ,it cannot legally be removed , so buy older model Smiths or Rugers and quit the bitchin

Green Mtn. Boy
Green Mtn. Boy
Reply to  JeffB

It can be removed as easily as it was instigated by urging of the civilian disarmament proponents,it’s a business decision to placate the civilian disarmament proponents,not a law.

Brandon
Brandon
Reply to  Green Mtn. Boy

Not going to happen. “Saf-T Hammer”…the company that makes the freakin locks…bought and now owns the Smith & Wesson Company. There’s no way in Hell the locks will go away until S&W is bought out by a new owner.

james Brigham (Bigg) Bunyon
james Brigham (Bigg) Bunyon
Reply to  JeffB

There is no law saying you can’t remove the device and plug/not plug the hole. If you think you have a copy of one that does say that, please post a specific reference … no interpretations allowed. On another note, just exactly how do you “remove” a hole?

Ituk Uppoo
Ituk Uppoo
Reply to  JeffB

So, who goes around doing a check for the lock to make sure the owner didnt just take pliers and break it off? I lost the key to my cricket rifle and pushed the lock up by accident on the sand bag. Broke it off and now i can use the rifle again. No one asks me to flip the gun over to make sure its safe against dumb children.

Kdub
Kdub

Glad to see them back again, own a outstanding vintage 610 stiiotake it to the range for a run 4-5 times a year roll my own in 165 grain zero Bullets, don’t really care about Hillary’s hole or any other hole that is not my own would not give her that kind of power over my life. Enjoying my 610 and hope others will also like to see it brought back in 5” also. Thanks for sharing the good news smart move by Smith&wesson.

Paul
Paul

Get rid of that stupid hole
Surprised you showed that side
Usually show the other side

Ktown Bill
Ktown Bill

I won’t buy any gun with a “Hillary hole” internal lock.

Zed Child
Zed Child
Reply to  Ktown Bill

It’s amazing at how much that hole takes away from the complete aesthetics of the wheelgun. I picked up a used police turn m66 4″ that has a Hillary hole. Had i know it was that recent production i think i would have passed on it even though it was $250.00. Shots great looks horrible!

Grigori
Grigori
Reply to  Ktown Bill

Exactly what I was thinking! Thanks, but no thanks, S&W!!!!

John
John
Reply to  Ktown Bill

Thanks to “Drumph” I can’t put bump grips on it.

James Williams
James Williams

Dear S&W Folks,
Glad to see signs of a more active program of both new research and development combined with revivals of iconic arms. Wheel guns will always have a cherished place in history and their artistry and finish combines well with their rock solid reliability. Arguments may be made between ultra-firepower automatics and limited capacity revolvers, but if it is my life in an emergency– give me a S&W revolver.

Green Mtn. Boy
Green Mtn. Boy

Unfortunately they come complete with Hillary hole,when S&W removes the unnecessary hole,I may once again be interested in their products.

Tejano Viejo
Tejano Viejo
Reply to  Green Mtn. Boy

If it gives you such heart burn, then remove & plug it !!!

PAUL KERSEY
PAUL KERSEY
Reply to  Green Mtn. Boy

Only if they can install a barrel that is not canted.

Ituk Uppoo
Ituk Uppoo
Reply to  PAUL KERSEY

Mark, take off the front sight and you wont notice it. I did that on my colt .45 and never worried about shooting crooked again. A gunsmith can easily either ‘repair’ it or put on another canted bbl when i sell it to Mark II.