SIG SAUER P365 with Manual Safety Now Shipping

SIG SAUER P365 with Manual Safety Now Shipping
SIG SAUER P365 with Manual Safety Now Shipping

NEWINGTON, N.H.-(Ammoland.com)- SIG SAUER, Inc. is pleased to announce the award-winning everyday carry, high capacity, P365 pistol with Manual Safety (P365-MS) is now shipping and available in retail stores.

This P365 micro-compact, concealed carry pistol is smaller and lighter than other pistols in its class and features a high-capacity, patented modified double-stack magazine for a 10+1 full-size capacity, with 12-round magazine for a 12+1 capacity. The P365-MS variant includes all the features of the original award-winning P365 with the addition of an ambidextrous manual safety. The Massachusetts compliant variant of the P365-MS will be available and shipping to retailers in June.

P365 Manual Safety Specs:

• Total length: 5.8”
  • Barrel length: 3.1”
  • Weight (incl. magazine):18 oz.
  • Height: 4.3”
  • Width:1.1”
  • Sight radius: 4.9”

Learn more about the SIG SAUER P365 through a short feature highlighting the extensive list of product awards the pistol has commanded for its revolutionary design including the Guns & Ammo, “Handgun of the Year”, an NRA Golden Bullseye from Shooting Illustrated for “Handgun of the Year, and the praise it has garnered from independent experts across the industry to become the top selling pistol on the market today.

Complete product specs and information on the SIG SAUER P365-MS are available at sigsauer.com.

About SIG SAUER, Inc.SIG SAUER Logo

SIG SAUER, Inc. is a leading provider and manufacturer of firearms, electro-optics, ammunition, airguns, suppressors, and training. For over 100 years SIG SAUER, Inc. has evolved, and thrived, by blending American ingenuity, German engineering, and Swiss precision. Today, SIG SAUER is synonymous with industry-leading quality and innovation which has made it the brand of choice amongst the U.S. Military, the global defense community, law enforcement, competitive shooters, hunters, and responsible citizens. Additionally, SIG SAUER is the premier provider of elite firearms instruction and tactical training at the SIG SAUER Academy – a world class, state-of-the-art, 140-acre training facility. SIG SAUER is headquartered in Newington, New Hampshire, and has more than 1,700 employees across eight locations, and is the largest member of a worldwide business group that includes SIG SAUER GmbH & Co. KG in Germany. For more information about the company and product line visit: sigsauer.com.

Safety Sam
Safety Sam
1 year ago

Has anyone tried the P365 with safety? Does the safety switch on and off positively so that it will not accidently be switched to “fire” position?

Paul Inman
Paul Inman
1 year ago

Safety is not an issue for me so long as it is a double action. This is a single action. Not good.

kenneth blischok
kenneth blischok
1 year ago

kenny from Pa; Safety was taught to me many moons ago. A very responsible person tells me and my Brother this exact caption;;;;;;;; Safety is a 25 hour item always have a SAFE on all pistols and rifles. It is Gospel . Be extremely careful to not forget this at all times;;;;;;; SAFETY IS THE LAW THAT WILL KEEP YOU ALIVE. MAY SAVE A INNOCENT BY-STANDER ALSO…. I was raised up on rifles; safety is a full time product of life. I got hit in the back of the head if my safety was not on. I learned that; my… Read more »

ssp114
ssp114
1 year ago

I think everyone on this is an idiot first and last time on here

Rocky Mountain
Rocky Mountain
Reply to  ssp114

They’re not idiots, they know everything take that back.
Loooooool.

Don’t blame you a bit. 🙁

James DeLap
James DeLap
1 year ago

Every bullet has a lawyers name on it.
Be safe-not sorry.

Capt. W.G. Stimac
Capt. W.G. Stimac
1 year ago

I became a Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor in 1977. I’ve seen a world of change. I can say with certainty that you make an intelligent choice and then train, train, train. That’s where safety is created.

Ransom
Ransom
1 year ago

It would take a conscious effort to NOT flick the safety off while drawing my shield.

Ben
Ben
Reply to  Ransom

As a 1911 shooter I like the manual safety and it seems like second nature to flick the safety when drawing and presenting the weapon. I carry every day with either a 1911 commander owb or an lc9 iwb depending upon clothing. I’ve shot the p365 a bit and like it a bunch. I just don’t feel comfortable putting a cocked pistol iwb without a thumb safety. Kudos to Sig. my lc9 might be in danger of losing its place in the lineup

Cedric Green
Cedric Green
1 year ago

How much is it then,price.

Mark
Mark
Reply to  Cedric Green

I just paid $525 for one. Ma compliant are supposedly $100 more than non compliant because of the safety. You have to check around. I got mine at a very local shop

Larry Mullins
Larry Mullins
1 year ago

To each his own….safety or no safety is a choice everyone has….lf you’ve trained with a safety keep all your firearms that way…..trained with no safety keep all your firearms that way…..dont confuse you mind on which way you carry if you switch edc

Pete
Pete
Reply to  Larry Mullins

Anyone can buy the MS-MA model and not worry. If you hate the MS, then just leave it off all the time. If you hate the MA, then don’t look at the loaded chamber indicator. But I think the MS-MA will have a better resale value because many people will want the extra features. Some police departments require a manual safety.

Mark
Mark
1 year ago

For all the whiners, NO ONE is forcing you to buy the manual safety model. A good number of people have learned to operate a firearm with safety mechanics, and have trained to disengage them before firing. Why are your panties in a bunch over someone else’s piece of mind? Keep your whining to yourselves

Brian
Brian
Reply to  Mark

Agreed. I’ve been supprised by many snakes while walking in the woods, instinctively drew my Browning Hi-Power, flip the safety, cocked the hammer and removed their head. All within less time than I can draw and fire a striker fire, safety less pistol without the adrenaline rush.
I don’t need a safety; but, I prefer a safety.

Kevin
Kevin
Reply to  Mark

Thank you, I personally prefer a manual safety on my handguns. Every handgun I have sans one has a manual safety. It is what I an familiar and comfortable with. I do not like handguns without manual safeties.

Robert Skinner
Robert Skinner
Reply to  Kevin

Thank you. I personally do not prefer a manual safety on my handguns. Every handgun I have does not have a manual safety. It is what I am familiar and comfortable with. I do not like handguns with a manual safety.

Dan Wesson
Dan Wesson
1 year ago

Too many dumbasses commenting about shooting themselves or purchasing a 365 not knowing it didn’t have a safety…really? I’m thinking these are Glock-tard fanboys just trolling the article’s comments section.

Robert C Clink
Robert C Clink
Reply to  Dan Wesson

You can’t fix stupid.

Roy D.
Roy D.
1 year ago

Piss poor planning on your part doesn’t constitute a deficiency on Sig Sauer’s part. Ignorance should be painful. The pain is supposed to encourage you to not make the same, or similar, mistake again.

Jerry
Jerry
1 year ago

One doesn’t shoot oneself because a gun didn’t have a safety. One shoots himself because one put ones finger on the trigger and then pulled it. All guns, safety or not should be treated as if they are going to fire wether loaded, unloaded, safety, no safety.

pt
pt
Reply to  Jerry

BEST SAFETY IS USE YOUR BRAIN. DON’T USE YOUR BRAIN , JACK GLUTES SHOOT HIMSELF.

KW
KW
Reply to  Jerry

You squeeze a trigger, not pull

William Legg
William Legg
1 year ago

How does someone not know there isn’t a manual safety? Is it an impulse buy, like ohhhh cool I want I want. What happened to research and reviews? If you know you need a manual safety to be comfortable carrying, that should be your main priority in making sure it has one. Not piss and moan that Sig doesn’t have it.

Mike M
Mike M
Reply to  William Legg

Well said !

Bob Roberson
Bob Roberson
1 year ago

I do own and carry daily my 365, with a good amount of caution because it does not have a manual safety. I have contacted Sig in regards to them installing the manual safety on the existing model and their response was it is something the may do in the future. Sooner than later I hope!!

Mark
Mark
Reply to  Bob Roberson

Just buy one from Massachusetts

Mark
Mark
Reply to  Mark

To be Massachusetts compliant SIG had to add a manual safety. I leave mine off

Taylor Stubbs
Taylor Stubbs

Your an idiot

ENIGMA6
ENIGMA6
Reply to  Taylor Stubbs

And you are an ass. A man is entitled to his preference as to a handgun safety without being called names. And, that is You are an idiot, not “Your an idiot”. E tu, Brutis?

Adam A. Phillips
Adam A. Phillips
Reply to  Taylor Stubbs

*you’re! Check your grammar before calling someone else an idiot.

kensandyeggo
kensandyeggo
Reply to  Taylor Stubbs

From the man that doesn’t know you’re from your.

Smurf
Smurf
Reply to  Taylor Stubbs

You’re an idiot.

Kenneth Malbeck
Kenneth Malbeck
1 year ago

I bought my Sig 365 six months ago not realizing that it didn’t have a manual safety this is not even good for anyone because I thought all pistols had a safety so much for you Sig Sawyer

Robert
Robert
1 year ago

Many, if not most new pistols do not have manual safeties. The manual safety is just now starting to make a comeback as a preferred attribute I’m New posts, but that hasn’t been the case for the last decade. Many people, including law enforcement, carry pistols without manual safeties and never have a problem. But I would agree that for someone as new to the pistol world as you seen to be should probably start with something with a safety.

Robert
Robert
Reply to  Robert

*The manual safety is just now starting to make a comeback as a preferred attribute in New pistols

Dale Anderson
Dale Anderson
1 year ago

Wow, you really did your homework before purchasing. Sig Sauer is not liable for your ignorance.

Daniel Peters
Daniel Peters
Reply to  Dale Anderson

Wow, reading all the comments and people arguing over this, no wonder they want to take away our gun rights. 99.9% of gun owners on here are itching to shoot someone or something. Anything. Just turn the gun on yourself please pop off the safety or if it don’t have one just pull that trigger and get to hell a little sooner please. We don’t need you here on Earth. Prefer you to be under it.

Roy D.
Roy D.
Reply to  Daniel Peters

Perhaps you should go do something useful like choking yourself on your partner’s male appendage.

Michael Curtis
Michael Curtis
1 year ago

I bought my first Sig P365 my always carry gun. Now I have to buy another one with a safety. I shot myself about a year ago with a Kar PM 45! Because of no safety. Just a flesh wound thank God. I’m 70 first time accident. I’ve had guns since I was 10.

Thomas Lee Roberts
Thomas Lee Roberts
Reply to  Michael Curtis

Sounds like you need to go back to safety class, however I bet that taught you to be more careful. And agrre thankfully no-one really was hurt.

Sam Williams
Sam Williams
Reply to  Michael Curtis

“because of no safety”??? You don’t suppose that a negligent shooter with his finger on the trigger might have been a factor?

Roy D.
Roy D.
Reply to  Sam Williams

I think you hit the nail on its head!

Kensandyeggo
Kensandyeggo
Reply to  Michael Curtis

The gun didn’t go off because of no safety, it went off because a finger was on the trigger and applied backward pressure.

Pete Shaw
Pete Shaw
Reply to  Michael Curtis

An easy solution is to buy a revolver, and practice with it. No safety needed. No accidental firing. No shooting self. If you walk into a store where someone is killing people, will you ever need more than 5 or 6 rounds to stop them? Ruger LCR .357 is a good choice.