LWRCI Releases SMG .45 Pistol Caliber Carbine Rolls Out

LWRCI Releases SMG .45 Pistol Caliber Carbine Rolls Out
LWRCI Releases SMG .45 Pistol Caliber Carbine Rolls Out

Cambridge, MD-(Ammoland.com)- One of the most exciting product releases in LWRCI company history is finally here. LWRCI announces the release of its first pistol-caliber carbine – the SMG-45. This highly-anticipated SMG model combines the company’s experience on the AR platform with an innovative delayed-blowback/short-recoil operating system to deliver a unique pistol-caliber carbine shooting experience.

LWRCI SMG .45 PistolLWRCI SMG

“We listened closely to shooters, operators, and customers throughout the development of this exciting new platform for LWRCI,” says David Ridley, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “The SMG is truly a ‘Step-Up’ pistol-caliber carbine that offers our customers innovative features and comfortable ergonomics in a compact package.”

Built from the ground up around US-manufactured UMP magazines, the SMG-45 is a completely new PCC in .45 ACP that features many of the same controls and performance attributes found in LWRCI™’s luxury gas-piston AR lineup. LWRCI™’s commitment to craftsmanship and design excellence is clearly evident in the SMG-45: the firearm delivers the high performance that discerning shooters demand alongside the quality and innovation that customers have come to expect from LWRCI.

Constructed of advanced aluminum and steel alloys and protected with hard-coat anodizing, ferritic nitrocarburization, and nickel-boron surface treatments, the SMG is built to last. Features on the SMG include a signature fully-ambidextrous lower receiver with AR-style controls for the safety and bolt catch/release, a paddle magazine release, the LWRCI™ Ultra Combat Grip™, and an LWRCI™ Enhanced Fire Control Group. The upper includes an 8.5” cold- hammer-forged CrMoV steel barrel, LWRCI’s familiar Modular Rail System with LWRCI™ Rail Panels and Hand Stop installed at 3/6/9 o’clock, Magpul MBUS Pro sights, and more.

The launch configuration for the SMG-45 is a pistol equipped with the SB Tactical SBTi folding subgun brace. The SMG-45 ships with two 25-round magazines.

SMG-45 is a pistol equipped with the SB Tactical SBTi folding subgun brace
LWRCI SMG-45 is a pistol equipped with the SB Tactical SBTi folding subgun brace
Reversible, non-reciprocating, folding charging handle
Reversible, non-reciprocating, folding charging handle

The first shipment of the LWRCI SMG-45 Pistol+Brace production models shipped this week to an authorized LWRCI Wholesale Distributor or Premier Dealer with the highly anticipated models showing up at retail starting as early as next week.

In honor of Independence Day -the first run of LWRCI SMG .45's shipped this week from LWRC International's Cambridge, Maryland facility. Consumers can expect to start seeing the highly anticipated firearm showing up at local dealers in the next few weeks.

SMG .45 FEATURES:

• Fully Ambidextrous lower controls: AR Selector, bolt catch, grip and hammer/trigger allows easy operation for right or left handed shooters
  • Innovative Paddle Style Mag release makes for easy load and magazine change. Fully ambidextrous.
  • Initial offering configuration will come with an SB Tactical Folding Subgun Brace with LWRCI™ Adapter. The SMG is incredibly compact – folds down to a mere 15.3″
  • 8.5” Cold Hammer-Forged Chromoly steel barrel
  • User-Configurable rail system – including Picatinny segments, sling adapters, polymer rail panels, offset mount
  • LWRCI™ Rail Panels at 3, 6, and 9 with a hand stop on the 6 o'clock rail.
  • Ambidextrous Paddle Style Magazine release for easy load and magazine changes.
  • New & Improved LWRCI™ Advanced Fire Control Group
  • US-manufactured UMP magazines; SMG ships with two
    25-round mags.
  • Lower capacity magazines are available to comply with state or local jurisdictions.
  • LWRCI™ Ultra Combat Grip for ultimate grip comfort LWRCI™ Advanced Trigger Guard
  • Magpul® MBUS Pro Back Up Sights
  • Reversible, non-reciprocating, folding charging handle
  • Shoots suppressed using a booster/Neilson device
LWRCI™ SMG introduced new packaging with custom fit foam inserts and 2- 25 Round UMP Magazines. Magazines are US Manufactured and available in lesser round configurations for state or local compliance.

About LWRC InternationalLWRC International Logo

Based in Cambridge, Maryland, LWRC International designs and builds high performance firearms. Its mission is to deliver absolute reliability, consistent accuracy and extreme durability in its products. Through innovative design, engineering excellence, and cutting edge manufacturing processes and materials technologies, LWRCI products are built to perform and to exceed end user expectations. Visit www.lwrci.com or call 410-901-1348 for more information on LWRCI products.

Jim
Jim
5 months ago

Sure are a lot of people complaining about the price. If you cannot afford a gun like this, you shouldn’t buy one. This is NOT a $400 gun–in price or quality. I plan to spend the money to get one of these because I can afford it and I want it. For you complainers, go look for a $400 gun and spend your money there, be content, and keep your lofty insulting words to yourself!

George
George
1 year ago

Why would you build a gun that literally everyone and their effing brother would buy, then price yourself right out of the market? This seems like more of a publicity stunt than an actual product.

mark
mark
1 year ago

Sounds like Jr high school in here. 3k is a lot of money to pay for something that whatever job it would fulfill could be done with something less expensive. On the other hand, Damn a gun company is coming out with a new gun that many people can legally own. There is about 85 other countries where dudes are looking at it going wow that will look cool as an airsoft…..

Ej harbet
Ej harbet
Reply to  mark

My first thought was “can a Marylander own this?
Then I ponder how many brace guns will be sold before they get”re-classified” as short barrel rifles? If we’re going to do this we need to trash the nfa,but I dream

Royer Clintony
Royer Clintony
1 year ago

If they are publicizing their smg-45 nerf gun. Imagine how bad ass a 10mm version would be? A much better “patrol carbine”, with a 100 yatd reach.

Spurs6
Spurs6
1 year ago

I guess it’ll look cool in the next John Wick movie or in the office armory of Triple Canopy or Xi…but what need does it fill, at 3K, if for $300, you could add a .300 blk upper to your AR pistol and rock out with a harder hitting caliber? Leave the pistol calibers in your sidearm. I love my .45 pistols but I’d fight my way to an AR in any conflict.
JMHO…

Bill K - STL
Bill K - STL
1 year ago

Way more expensive than my existing Glock snapped into a Roni!

Gunjack
Gunjack
1 year ago

Looks like an awesome weapon!
Kriss Vector 45 ACP Enhanced 6.5” with SBA3 pistol brace!
26 round magazines! Can’t beat it! I’ll stick with that for now!
It’s great to have so many options out there! We’re living in the golden age of firearms!

andrew m. burd
andrew m. burd

Grunt. Just,,, grunt.

John W Bletsch
John W Bletsch
1 year ago

I enjoy reading about new releases, but being on a fixed income means I will not own any of them if the price point is over $600.
I supposed my Century Arms C39 V2 with a folding stock could identify as a pistol.

Steven
Steven
Reply to  John W Bletsch

Sounds like something a poor would say

PhukoTheClown
PhukoTheClown
Reply to  Steven

And your response sounds like something a lil bitch ass manpleasin soyboi would say.

Mike
Mike
Reply to  PhukoTheClown

I second the remarks of PhukoTheClown.

Paul S
Paul S
Reply to  Mike

I third his remark -400 dollars a month for a 30 percent VA disability is a bad joke that could almost deprive a former 12 bravo combat engineer of many weapons now -I did say almost. My Kimber 45acp master carry custom will provide all I will ever need. After 30 years of 3o percent -last year I got 4 Hugh titanium bolts screw my sacrum to my ilium at a 27 grand cost. Pain free first time in 30 years.. You gotta keep after the bastards or they will never help us if they can steal the money for… Read more »

Wild Bill
Wild Bill
Reply to  Mike

@12B Paul S. Essayons, brother and thank you for your service.

MikeRoss
MikeRoss
Reply to  PhukoTheClown

Paul S, I hear you, brother. Living on a fixed income and depending on the VA is tough. Most of my guns are gone too, including my 03s, M1 Carbines, and M1 Garands. That hurt.

Lachaim lefkowicz
Lachaim lefkowicz
Reply to  John W Bletsch

Yea, you’re right! Would make a reasonable $400. Gun. Maybe $425. In 10 mm. But no more! Their asking price says they have 10 too many middlemen between the actual manufacturer, and the buyer.

James Russell Bailey
James Russell Bailey
1 year ago

Well, I see that the Arrogant, narcissistic, elitists, based in Maryland, one of the most anti-gun states in the Union, have done it again! They’ve offered up a state-of-the-art weapon that cost 3 times what it should, and they’re trying to sell it to us by saying you can’t find this quality anywhere else. Newsflash LWRC morons: “quality” as defined by 95% of the population who are not “operators”, badges, government agents, or anyone else with “Superior” constitutional rights to the rest of us, is an operational weapon that we can rely upon when required to so do, and it… Read more »

Coal miner for life
Coal miner for life
1 year ago

Yeah it’s expensive but so are a lot of things. I have several LWRC rifles, have used them hard and never had a problem. If 3K is too much for you then this is not the gun for you. As for me I’ll work some overtime and buy one.

Fred Mcmurray
Fred Mcmurray
1 year ago

Correction! 6.5 times what it should cost. Especially in .45! Why have a .45 camp carbine, when you could have a .357 Sig, or 10mm?

Ej harbet
Ej harbet
Reply to  Fred Mcmurray

Some folks like that caliber.I’m one of em.
But I’ll wait on the nak45,lol.

wags
wags
1 year ago

Don’t recall seeing anyone call you a moron for not buying this or even telling you that you have to buy it. If you don’t want it don’t buy it that simple. Don’t cry because you really want it but can’t afford it. That’s a personal problem not eveyone else. Im tired of of people attacking elitist just becasue you are jealous of what they have. Life is what you make of it, no one is going to just give you hand outs becasue you feel they should. There are a lot of thing I cannot afford but I don’t… Read more »

James
James
1 year ago

Wish we could buy on in ca

Shooter Bill
Shooter Bill
1 year ago

Bring out a semi auto version in some real power – like in 45 Win. Mag., 475 Willdey, and 50 Action. Make a great hog, deer and black bear gun. Use advertising showing people hunting with it.

wags
wags
Reply to  Shooter Bill

not made for hunting, clearly

Marcos
Marcos
1 year ago

Pretty sad… I’d rather buy my wife something pretty.

Harpo
Harpo
Reply to  Marcos

What’s sad? That you’d rather buy something nice for your wife? No one have to buy an overpriced UMP knockoff. Really. Or even react to its existence. This thing will become “oh, yeah, you remember that whatever it was few years back” deal soon enough and a handful of die hards will have them in their gunsafe never to be shot. Oh, and to the gentleman who had an issue with Maryland… You really think the politicians care there (or anywhere) about real people / life? They spew whatever their analyzed voter base wants to hear and then in the… Read more »

Damo26
Damo26
1 year ago

That is out of reach for most middle class family’s
With the price tag

You can get a hi point carbine in 4 different
Caliber so including now the 10mm

wags
wags
Reply to  Damo26

right and so are a lot of other things. Thats the way the world works… I don’t hear people whining about the cost of a .50 cal rifle that range 5-10k. Also, the amount of people that keep suggesting Hi Point truly amazes me. Those are the biggest pieces of crap and the price reflects it. Anyone that would seriously consider using a Hi-Point as a primary weapon should refrain from commenting. “you can get a hi point carbine in 4 different calibers, including 10mm” is like saying I can get 4 Kias for the price of that Ferrari. You… Read more »

J
J
1 year ago

More than a KRISS? Come on…

Zombie
Zombie

I’ll take. B&T apc45:-)

Chris
Chris
1 year ago

.45 1911 will do just fine by me. If I’m going to spend 3K on a weapon I’ll buy a FN or HK .308 7.62.

Phil in TX
Phil in TX
1 year ago

This is something I have been waiting for. Unfortunately, they have priced it out of my reach. I agree with Brian Forde that Ruger needs to make their PCC in .45ACP. That I would buy in a heartbeat!

Phil in TX

Kevin Chelton
Kevin Chelton
Reply to  Phil in TX

Awesome Comments , Over Priced , Several Choices , Comparable , Lot Less

Lou Butler
Lou Butler
Reply to  Phil in TX

They will, as soon as they work out the details with Marlin. And hopefully, a whole bunch of other calibers as well.

Kofir
Kofir
1 year ago

Like my CMMG. Uses Glock mags. 1/2 the price of LWRC.

Badbone
Badbone
1 year ago

For three grands! I’d better buy a nice fishing boat instead.

gcm
gcm
Reply to  Badbone

Ill bet Bass Tracker is having a big sale this weekend.

Brian Forde
Brian Forde
1 year ago

Need the Ruger carbine rifle in a .45 cal. The 9mm Ruger carbine rifle is Great and at $500.00

Mike Freidmont
Mike Freidmont
Reply to  Brian Forde

They should be priced at exactly the same point as their 10/22! Since they cost the same to produce.

Chris
Chris
1 year ago

This reminds me alot of the hk ump 45.

Jack
Jack

I’ll get it in 9mm next spring when MSRP is $2200

Scott Free
Scott Free
1 year ago

$3k for that neutered toy with a silly assed brace? No thanks.

Bill
Bill
1 year ago

I’ll just stay with my MPX.

LibertyToad
LibertyToad
1 year ago

Wow, $2995. That price is just insane. Talk about overpriced. I’ll keep my CZ Scorpion Carbine.

James Calhoun
James Calhoun
1 year ago

What is the cost of that weapon?

Joe