Staccato 2011 Pistols Duty-Approved by Over 250 Agencies

Staccato 2011 Pistols Duty-Approved by Over 250 Agencies
Staccato 2011 Pistols Duty-Approved by Over 250 Agencies

U.S.A.-(AmmoLand.com)- Staccato​ 2011, LLC announced today a company milestone: over 250 law enforcement agencies across the country have approved Staccato 2011 pistols for duty use. Law enforcement is embracing Staccato not only for the company’s high-performing pistols, but also for its ongoing support that includes training. Major departments approving Staccato include LA County Sheriffs, Riverside County Sheriffs, and the Long Beach Police Department.

“We forged our first law enforcement relationships under two years ago. In this short amount of time, the positive response for Staccato has been humbling; we are proud to serve thousands of officers who carry our pistols both on and off-duty,” said Marine Corps veteran Nate Horvath, CEO, Staccato.

“Departments are approving Staccato 2011® pistols for their superior performance in qualification tests that include pistol reliability, accuracy, and ergonomics/efficiency,” said Buck Pierson (USMC GySgt ret.), Staccato’s Director of Law Enforcement and Military Business. “Departments are also choosing Staccato for our partnership mentality and ongoing support. We provide free 2011® transition courses for law enforcement​, a 2011® armorers course, and other specialized on-site department instruction. Instruction is led by senior Staccato team members like Mike Pannone [former US Marine Reconnaissance, Army Special Forces (Green Beret), 1st SFOD-D (Delta) and the Asymmetric Warfare Group)], Matt Little (former Army Special Forces and Chicago PD SWAT), and Master Gunsmiths,” said Pierson.

Patrick Dougherty, Sgt. Long Beach Police Department, was a part of LBPD’s year-long evaluation of Staccato. Beyond pistol qualification, Dougherty explains that LBPD’s partnership with Staccato is valued deeply, especially in today’s climate. “LBPD appreciates everything Staccato has done for us, and the stance the company has taken alongside law enforcement when very few will publicly do that. Courage is the rarest of traits, and we thank Staccato for supporting us.”

Staccato provides law enforcement, military, and first responders a discount on pistols and magazines. As a veteran-led, Texas-based company that only uses American materials and parts, Staccato is proud to serve those who protect our freedoms daily.

About Staccato:

Twenty-five years ago, Staccato (formerly STI) revolutionized competition shooting by bringing the world a new gun platform, the 2011®. Built with FlaTec™, Staccato 2011® pistols are trusted by elite law enforcement teams like the U.S. Marshals SOG, the Texas Rangers, and LAPD Metro. Staccato pistols are approved for duty by over 250 agencies across the country. Reliable, durable, insanely accurate, safe, and easy to shoot well, Staccato pistols are fast becoming the pistol of choice for shooters of all skill levels ranging from professionals to home defenders to beginners. With a lifetime warranty, Staccato handguns are designed, precision engineered, and handcrafted in Georgetown, Texas, and built with American steel and parts. As an American firearms manufacturer, Staccato is proud that over 25% of its team members are veterans and 100% are patriots.Staccato logo

N886_tact
N886_tact
11 days ago

I’m an LEO in NorCal. Currently this pistol is not authorized for my agency carry, however I carry one of these pistols off duty every single day. I have carried many pistols off duty over my 15 years as an LEO. There is nothing wrong with anyone’s personal preference for a carry pistol. I look at it from this vantage point, how much is your life worth? Mine is worth way more than $2,500 so I have no problem justifying the cost of one of the best out of the box performing pistols I’ve ever fired. I see many people… Read more »

JD
JD
11 days ago
Reply to  N886_tact

What do you feel about the fact that only LE can purchase Staccato handguns in CA? Staccato handguns are so dangerous, unsafe, that only LEO’s are expert enough to safely handle them. LOL
Exception: your children or parents who live in a free state can gift you one.

usaimages
usaimages
11 days ago

Being that the departments mentioned in the article are in California, the pistols must obviously only shoot small marshmallow rounds so they don’t
injure the snowflakes that live there.

mc-cainpt
mc-cainpt
12 days ago

The question I have is what about this handgun, which is much more expensive than a Glock, makes it an attractive alternative.

Jeremy B.
Jeremy B.
12 days ago
Reply to  mc-cainpt

A well made 1911/2011 is something that has to be experienced first hand to appreciate. And not everyone will.

I suppose it’s a bit more emotional than practical.

But to be sure, an STI 1911/2011 is likely to have a better trigger than Glock, out of the box.

mc-cainpt
mc-cainpt
12 days ago
Reply to  Jeremy B.

I’ve actually owned four of them, and enjoyed them very much. The trigger is a wonderful thing.

My question remains:

What is so compelling about it that would justify replacing a Glock with it for LEOs.

I find no compelling practical reasons.

Aesthetically? Yes. Fantastic to shoot? Yes.

A better choice for LEO purposes? I do not think so.

Finnky
Finnky
11 days ago
Reply to  mc-cainpt

Departments “have approved stoccato 2011 pistols for duty use”. I read that as departments are OK with officers buying and using these firearms, not that departments are buying them to issue to officers. If my read is correct, it cost department next to nothing to approve a firearm and only means that it meets department standards for reliability, power, and accuracy. I suspect accuracy bar is simply to pass quals with the gun one carries. Power is function of caliber and barrel length, so that is covered. We are left with reliability requirement about which I know nothing, except that… Read more »

Patient Zero
Patient Zero
11 days ago
Reply to  mc-cainpt

I carry a Staccato pistol for work and the reason I chose it over a Glock or other pistols is because it’s reliability, accuracy and my ability to shoot it better than any other pistol I have ever shot. They are not issued, but individuals can privately purchase them and carry them on duty. The only cost is to the individual LEO. Just like a 1033 program M16-A1 is the issued rifle. That is a great rifle for shooting in day light on a square range where you and the targets aren’t moving.However in real life a modern M4 with… Read more »

TheWraith
TheWraith
11 days ago
Reply to  Patient Zero

And, I quote:

“However, 2011s are more expensive, require far more maintenance and are less reliable in adverse conditions than Glocks, so they are practically unseen in military service. For non-competitors, the Glock is almost always a better choice.”

Matt Little
Matt Little
11 days ago
Reply to  TheWraith

I shoot 2011’s exclusively, and am a retired SWAT supervisor from a major city’s full time team, as well as a US Army Special Forces combat veteran. I would absolutely carry a 2011 in combat or on duty over a glock. They have been carried in combat by an Army SMU, and are being evaluated by JSOC elements now. One op-ed opinion piece without citation or accurate research is not even one solid data point. Not being combative, just pointing out the inaccuracies in the article you referenced. Full disclosure, I do MIL and LE training for Staccato, but my… Read more »

Patient Zero
Patient Zero
11 days ago
Reply to  TheWraith

And I quote “ Charlie Gao studied political and computer science at Grinnell College and is a frequent commentator on defense and national-security issues. “

This is the one person’s opinion that you are using as fact. I have participated in actual tests with all these pistols. I have seen them used in real conditions. Everything in Charlie’s quote in not accurate and I would challenge to see that data in which he is drawing his conclusions.

Link
Link
10 days ago
Reply to  TheWraith

What’s the author’s credibility ??
What justifies his story as anything other then an opinion piece from some miscellaneous magazine.

If that was from massad ayoob it would have value, but from a nobody it’s not much and his dig on both the 1911/2011 platform and a top tier manufacturer is suspect.

Patient Zero
Patient Zero
10 days ago
Reply to  Link

Yes, I am questioning his credibility. You used his statement as justification that a 2011 / Staccato isn’t as reliable as a Glock. So I would like to see his experience in dealing with both pistol platforms. Has he conducted or witnessed high round count tests of 30,000 rounds? How often does he train, instruct or witness these platforms being used? As for Massad Ayoob, I don’t know where that came from, but I would ask those same questions of his experience in the platforms if he were to offer his opinions on them. It’s actually healthy to question things.… Read more »

Patrick5923
Patrick5923
11 days ago
Reply to  mc-cainpt

I am a swat team leader on my department and used to train officers at our academy. The staccato P is a pistol that can be purchased individually by the officer. I have had a lot of officers without much prior shooting experience, shoot considerably better with a staccato than a glock on qualifications, and drills. This improvement is exponential if in the hands of an experienced shooter. If they shoot the gun better, and have more confidence with it…why not let them have it as a choice to carry everyday?

JD
JD
11 days ago
Reply to  mc-cainpt

Better choice for LEO that practices a lot. An SA pistol especially like a 1911 requires frequent practice to use for carry. 1911’s have very complicated manual of arms. Unless you practice practice practice drawing in condition 1 other than carrying two more rounds & being magazine feed it they are no better than carrying a SA revolver.

Link
Link
10 days ago
Reply to  JD

Roflmao.
Your full of it.
And the guns are double stack so they hold far more then 2 more rounds.

Nicky.Bobby
Nicky.Bobby
9 days ago
Reply to  mc-cainpt

A glock is a good weapon, like a bike is a good form of travel. But I drive a car because I can afford it and I want to get to my destination faster. When the time comes that a life and death decision needs to be made, I want to have full faith and confidence in my service weapon. Will a Glock shoot? Yes. Will a Staccato shoot better than a Glock? Yes. So why not? Because it’s definitely NOT maintenance, definitely NOT performance. I take care of my guns, be it a Staccato or a Glock. So I… Read more »

Patrick5923
Patrick5923
11 days ago
Reply to  mc-cainpt

I carry one at work. I carry it everyday. So the price is a secondary issue when I look at a pistol I carry. I want to carry what I absolutely shoot the best. StaccatoP. Glocks are fantastic pistols, I would never insult someone for carrying a particular gun. Staccato P is extremely reliable, has less felt recoil, and is more accurate than glocks I have carried. It’s safer to carry appendix with manual and grip safety, and the single action trigger press cannot be replicated in a striker fired gun. For me it far outweighs the price disparity. Not… Read more »