Guatemalan Man Charged with Multiple Firearm Charges

Arrest Shows NY Authorities Rather Home Owners be Disarmed than Defended
Guatemalan Man Charged with Multiple Firearm Charges istock

Minnesota – -(AmmoLand.com)- Acting United States Attorney Dennis Holmes announced that a Guatemala City, Guatemala, man has been indicted by a federal grand jury for Delivering Package with Firearms without Written Notice to the Carrier, Transferring Firearms to Out of State Resident, Making False Statement in Connection with a Purchase of Firearms, and Smuggling Goods from the United States.

Jordi Raul Rogel-Rodas, a/k/a “Jordy Raul,” age 23, was indicted on April 6, 2021. He appeared before U.S. Magistrate Judge Veronica L. Duffy on April 20, 2021, and pled not guilty to the Indictment.

The maximum penalty upon conviction is up to 10 years in federal prison and/or a $250,000 fine, 3 years of supervised release, and up to $800 to the Federal Crime Victims Fund. Restitution may also be ordered.

The Indictment alleges that on April 27, 2020, June 11, 2020, August 3, 2020, October 30, 2020, and November 24, 2020, Rogel-Rodas, in connection with the attempted acquisition of several firearms, falsely indicated he was purchasing firearms for himself, when he was, in fact, buying them for another person.

The Indictment also alleges that on January 6, 2021, Rogel-Rodas, not being a licensed firearms dealer, mailed seven firearms and 939 rounds of assorted caliber ammunition to someone residing in Guatemala.

The charges are merely accusation and Rogel-Rodas is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.

The investigation is being conducted by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearm, and Explosives and Homeland Security Investigations. Assistant U.S. Attorney Jeffrey C. Clapper is prosecuting the case.

Rogel-Rodas was released on bond pending trial, which has been set for July 20, 2021.

St. Paul Field Division

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives

ATF is the federal law enforcement agency responsible for investigating violations of the federal firearms and explosives laws and regulations. More information about ATF and its programs can be found at www.atf.gov.

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives ( ATF )

Arny
Arny
1 month ago

I’m curious did he file the appropriate paperwork in Guatemala ?

APG member
APG member
Reply to  Arny

Because filling out paparwork is required toexercise your civil right?

Finnky
Finnky
1 month ago

So is it illegal to mail ammunition? If so is it all the time or just international or interstate? Was Ammon charge just a labeling mistake?

I mail ordered ammo numerous times before the crunch and it just showed up at my door. Boxes all had some kind of “ORD” sticker. Did he just miss the sticker? Yes I know labeling requirements have changed, but as I only receive, have not needed to know requirements on shipper..

waterfowler19
waterfowler19
Reply to  Finnky

you missed the part where he shipped the ammo and guns to Guatemala. Not the same thing as a US customer purchasing for private use.

Nun Ya
Nun Ya
1 month ago

Im gonna tell y’all right now, he just got away with it cause he ain’t never gonna show back up in court. Once he was let out on bond he was gone, like yesterday. He has changed his name and has most likely picked up some more firearms to send home too, if not for defense for when they do find him, IF they do. That’s a big if. lol

Rodoeo
Rodoeo
1 month ago

Every time I’m in court with these illegals (used to live in TX), they demand a spanish interpreter and then say ‘talk to my lawyer’ via the interpreter. Or act like they don’t understand and delay the proceedings.

Reply to  Rodoeo

Ya and it’s your tax dollars at work. That is one of the biggest peavs I have about America. Why don’t we declare our language as English and require that all people here learn it and speak it. DMV in kommiefornia has over 23 different languages for the driving test. If someone shows up that doesn’t speak English, we have to get an interpreter on the phone at the DMV and have a three way conversation to get the job done. Why not make them bring a relative or something. Then when they pass, special driving test drivers that speak… Read more »

USMC0351Grunt
USMC0351Grunt
Reply to  musicman44mag

So how the hell are these people supposed to be able to drive on our streets if they cannot read and understand English traffic or their own automobile indicator information?

Reply to  USMC0351Grunt

I know you remember this. When we went from the American standard to the Metric and all of a sudden gas was by the liter and distance was by the meter and mph was both mph and kmph etc. etc. etc.!!! They made a change across the world. You notice now there are signs that have a red circle with a line across it? That means no don’t do that. Like the sign used to say no right turn on red? Yep a right arrow with a red circle and a line through it. You notice your speedometer now has… Read more »

Last edited 1 month ago by musicman44mag
Laddyboy
Laddyboy
Reply to  musicman44mag

MM44M: As for having a relative at an “official” meeting, the answer is ” IT AIN’T HAPP’N’ “. Having a relative to interpret CANNOT be done LEGALLY — because — the “official” does not know IF the relative is interpreting correctly OR if the answer is from the relative.
Ask me how I know this IS FRUSTRATING!!! My wife of over 40 years was DEAF!
Even the HQL teacher had doubts about her being DEAF.

Reply to  Laddyboy

You know, you are right. You cannot have a family member interpret in a court of law or for any legal matter, I forgot about that. Bottom line though is they should learn the language.

APG member
APG member
1 month ago

In a free society there is a presumption of innocence. Nowhere does it say Jordi Raul Rogel-Rodas was in country illegally. Looks like he is being accused of the NON CRIME of making a “straw purchase”. Do you really believe in an individual’s right to keep and bear arms is un-infringeable? Judging by the comments,seems like not.People in Guatemala need guns too!

Arny
Arny
Reply to  APG member

You’re right. As the number of gun owners goes up the deaths go down. Who would have thought. They also have a Constitutional right. https://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/guatemala

APG member
APG member
Reply to  Arny

Do you believe rights are bestowed by governments?

RJL
RJL
1 month ago

Throw The SOB in Federal Prison, Because that is what they would do with the legal citizens of White Privilege, Afro-Americans, Hispanic, etc., etc.…
Would that not be the best form of equity, considering that is what Joebama’s administration projects?…

Reply to  RJL

No, you can’t do that to the American tax payer!!!! you send him back if he is from another country so in one month he can come back illegally.

The other Jim
The other Jim
1 month ago

Joe Biden will Probably give this Criminal Alien Illegal Trespasser a Presidential Pardon for unknown reason he will never have to answer for, and at the same time steal the Second Amendment from US Citizens via Executive Order. That’s his style; he hates America and true American Patriots. And then he will just walk away from the podium and off the stage if anyone even comes close to asking a question about his actions while reaffirming that he is just being fully transparent per his pledge during election.

swmft
swmft
1 month ago

defense is really quite simple , where are the fbi and atf agents who gave guns to the cartels??? not in jail no export permit or license, they did not use one why should I need to do something they dont , and as for guns in central America there was wars there for 30 or so years there are tons of guns :machine guns , just not many modern pistols. we supplied both sides in a few of the wars one of the things I have been involved in that I am not proud of contras deal

Last edited 1 month ago by swmft
JNew
JNew
1 month ago

That’s right, just keep the borders open. What could go wrong?

Fop man
Fop man
1 month ago

Cruiser your a racist and if you on the job they should fire you and if you did that in my department in New York we gladly kick your assBecause there’s plenty of us the Spanish that are on the job you’re racist

Cruiser
Cruiser
Reply to  Fop man

How politically correct of you.
Thank you, your insignificant opinion is noted.

Last edited 1 month ago by Cruiser
Reply to  Fop man

Spanish. I guess that means you are from Spain. Not mexico where the Spanish bread with the Mayans and Aztec they captured and enslaved and raped to create a new breed of people called the mexican. You must have gotten the extra I am brown points because your eeeeenglish writing says you cannot spell, punctuate or write a coherent thought without making a mithtake. Try using spell check. You know that tool made by Americans that works on the computer invented by the Americans as well as the language it runs on made by Americans and the cathode ray tube… Read more »

Last edited 1 month ago by musicman44mag
Cruiser
Cruiser
Reply to  musicman44mag

Thanks 44Mag, I couldn’t have said it better. Fop man is probably one of those hyphenated americans (small A on purpose) who are more proud of their former country than being an American.

Reply to  Cruiser

Some things need to be said the way they should be said. I am sure some here think I am a racist because I stand up and defend against racisms against whites. The fact that I think that not only whites can be racist makes me a racist in their eyes which to me is proof that their eyes are crossed and that mentally they don’t see straight. I have broad shoulders, I have been abused and shit on all my life by people of color yet I have had good friends that were not white and they were buds… Read more »

Cruiser
Cruiser
Reply to  musicman44mag

I’ve worn some type of uniform for most of my life and the people I’ve been associated with are the finest in the world. Over the years I’ve learned there is no difference between the different races, we are all working toward the same thing, to provide for our families and their safety, to make things better for our children than we have. In other words, “The American dream”, and to just live our lives.

uncle dudley
uncle dudley
1 month ago

My first question is did this guy enter the U.S. legally, if not why not throw that charge at him also. What gang does he belong to,MS13 or another?
We aren’t being told all the facts of the case and the government is good at keeping the full truth from it’s citizens.

gregs
gregs
Reply to  uncle dudley

that is what i thought when i read a guatemala city man. illegal? illegally buying firearms and ammo and shipping them to a foreign country. many felonies. why did they let him go? he should be in jail waiting trial.
am American citizen would not have been let out.

Cruiser
Cruiser
1 month ago

“I doe-no, no speeeek de eeeenlich.”

Bio
Bio
1 month ago

Probably the same court-judge that released a Somali man that was pimping children with the excuse that it was common where he came from

Reply to  Bio

That pisses me off so bad. Killing daughters because they dishonored you is common practice according to the laws of Islam. Judges that rule based on rules from other peoples country are breaking our laws, and the kicker is ,they are doing it. Bullpucky.

Finnky
Finnky
Reply to  musicman44mag

So… We have a long-standing tradition of shooting tyrants and running crooked judges out of town on a rail. Does that mean courts should excuse citizens who act to preserve that tradition? I highly doubt this judge would excuse such behavior..

1 month ago

I wonder if he was born in the U.S.A.. They will let him off because he didn’t know it was illegal and he was sending them to his family because they are having a hard time in their country getting firearms to protect themselves and they are so expensive and none of his relatives over there has a job.

He didn’t do it with malice or malcontent so he will get the Hillary pass as well as the if you prosecute you are only doing it because you are white ATF racists.

Sisu
Sisu
Reply to  musicman44mag

… I agree – the “plea deal” will be some misdemeanor, with “fine, waived”.

Either the guns are worth more than the cash he was previously sending or BATFE attempting another “gun running” scheme.

Grigori
Grigori
1 month ago

Jerks like him may be another reason that WE cannot get enough ammo here in the USA.