Scratch Your Shootin’ Itch At The Arizona Game And Fish Expo
PHOENIX – -(ShootingWire.com)- Do you love the smell of gun powder in the morning or the sound of arrows whizzing through the air?
Then load up your shooting frame of mind for the Arizona Game and Fish Department’s Outdoor Expo 2009 on March 28-29 at the largest public shooting complex in the nation – the Ben Avery Shooting Facility, which is located just west of Interstate 17 on Carefree Highway. IT’S FREE. There’ll be shooting galore and a whole lot more.
Besides being able to shoot the latest and greatest firearms from companies like Sturm Ruger, Glock, Smith & Wesson, you can even get tips from top-caliber shooting experts, such as Evil Roy (Gene Pearcey).
During this two-day event, Evil Roy (www.evilroyshootingschool.com/) will once again be a popular draw at the cowboy action shooting range where he will provide tips or tricks to quickly yet accurately shoot six guns, lever-action rifles and shotguns. Roy ought to know, he has a room full of cowboy action shooting trophies and a few decades of competitive experience.
This crowd-pleasing event offers lots of exciting, hands-on outdoor activities and booths. You can also:
- Witness a mini-gun demonstration or even shoot a Gatling Gun.
- Try your hand at different specialty shooting disciplines, such as cowboy action shooting, black powder, tactical pistol, plus rifle and pistol silhouette.
- View exciting shooting competition by the cowboy mounted shooters at the brand new cowboy action riding ring.
- Visit the enhanced Clay Target Center and shoot skeet, trap or sporting clays.
- Take an archery class or try out 3D archery on a walking course through the desert.
- Kids can shoot .22s and air guns while learning more about firearm safety.
- Visit with more than 100 exhibitors-sportsmen’s organizations, conservation groups, shooting clubs, government agencies, and commercial vendors of outdoor products and services.
- Learn about all kinds of outdoor skills, including Stone Age camping
Last year’s Outdoor Expo drew 26,000 attendees. Gold sponsors for this year’s Outdoor Expo are Pierce Bullet Seal Target Systems, the Weatherby Foundation, and the American Red Cross, Grand Canyon Chapter.