Pro Gun Candidates Sweep Virginia
Running on a ant-gun ticket fail’s every time in politics.
Virginia –-(AmmoLand.com)- The three statewide candidates who turned in their VCDL surveys just won a crushing blow against their opponents, putting gun owners in a strong position to get some work done in 2010! Bob McDonnell, Bill Bolling, and Ken Cuccinelli won their races handily and VCDL congratulates them!
Have a pro-gun Governor will be a tremendous boost, especially after the last 4 years in the desert. 😉
By my count the Republicans now have 60 seats, the Democrats have 38, and independents have 2. Those numbers don’t necessarily mean much, as some Republicans are anti-gun and some Democrats are pro-gun. Overall, I would say that the General Assembly is now slightly more pro-gun than it was on November 2nd.
A look at some key House races: Pro Gun
- Pro-gun Tag Greason (100% on VCDL survey) defeated anti-gun incumbent Dave Poisson – this is a huge change of position for District 32.
- Pro-gun Richard L. Anderson (94% on VCDL survey) defeated anti-gun incumbent Paul F. Nichols – a major change of position for District 51
- Pro-gun Bill Cleaveland (94% on VCDL survey) won District 17, pro- gun William Frahlin’s old district – a wash, but this win avoided the district falling into less friendly hands.
- Pro-gun Catherine Crabill, who the Republican leadership ran away from after she quoted the ideals of the Founding Fathers about the Second Amendment, LOST, but only by about 3%. That’s pretty good for being abandoned by your own party.
- Pro-gun Jeff Fredericks”s old district, 52, went to anti-gun Luke E. Torian by a mere 600 votes over pro-gun Rafael Lopez. Turnout, turnout, turnout!
A look at some key House races: Anti Gun
- Anti-gun incumbent Chuck Caputo of District 67 lost to Jim LeMunyon, who looks to be another Republican In Name Only (RINO) based on a mostly anti-gun survey he returned to the anti-gunners. He did not return his VCDL survey. So this district looks like a wash, or maybe just a little better. A bad Democrat loses to an almost as bad Republican.
- Anti-gun incumbent Margaret Vanderhey of District 34 lost to Barbara J. Comstock. Neither VCDL nor the antis got a survey from Ms. Comstock, so I can’t determine if this is an improvement or a wash at this time.
- Anti-gun incumbent Bobby Mathieson of District 21 lost to Ron A Villanueva. Neither VCDL nor the antis got a survey from Mr. Villanueva, so I can’t determine if this is an improvement or a wash at this time.
A big Lobby Day turnout on January 18th is needed – please mark your calendars to be there.
Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL). VCDL is an all-volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to defending the human rights of all Virginians. The Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a fundamental human right.