2010 Friends of NRA Volunteers of the Year Announced
FAIRFAX, Va. –-(Ammoland.com)- The National Rifle Association is pleased to announce its 2010 Friends of NRA Region and Area Volunteer of the Year Award winners.
Sponsored by Boyt Harness Company, the Volunteer of the Year Award recognizes those who have made an outstanding impact on the program at the local or regional levels.
Area Volunteers of the Year are recommended by their NRA Field Representative and evaluated by the number of banquet tickets sold, underwriting received, years of service and additional criteria. Recipients are awarded a “2010 Friends of NRA Volunteer of the Year” jacket along with special recognition from their area Field Representative.
Region Volunteers of the Year were chosen from the pool of area volunteer award winners by a select committee of senior NRA staff. In addition to the 2010 Volunteer of the Year jackets, region award winners will be honored guests at the 2011 Annual Meetings in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and receive special recognition during the National NRA Foundation Banquet on Thursday, April 28, 2011.
“This award stands as a tribute to your leadership, dedication and commitment to the preservation of the shooting sports and the Second Amendment that have advanced and will continue to expand the shooting sports in America,” wrote Wayne LaPierre in a letter awarded to Region Volunteers of the Year.
Boyt Harness Company, the world’s premier manufacturer of high quality gun cases, hunting accessories and specialty hunting clothing, is the official sponsor for the 2010 Friends of NRA Volunteer of the Year Awards.
“The comfort and reliability of Boyt’s products provide great assistance to NRA members when they enjoy their Second Amendment rights,” said John Cardarelli, National Accounts Manager at Boyt. “Supporting Friends of NRA helps make sure that funds get to the national and local programs many of our customers take advantage of and is just one more way we can let outdoor enthusiasts know we have their best interests in mind.”
Below are the winners for the Friends of NRA Regions and Areas.
Region Volunteers of the Year:
- Eastern Region: North Carolina (Western): Vann Haigler, Monroe/Union County
- Central Region: Kentucky: Dennis Duke, Big Rivers
- Mid West Region: North Dakota and South Dakota: Jeff Jensen, Northern Oahe
- Southern Region: Texas (Western): Robin Dawson, Texas Panhandle
- Western Region: California (Southern) and Nevada (Southern): Ronnie Smith, East County
Area Volunteers of the Year:
- Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York (Lower) and Rhode Island: Louis Fico, Westchester County
- Delaware and Pennsylvania (Eastern): Robert Sproesser, Berks County
- Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire and New York (Northern): Stephen Jeffrey, Northeast Kingdom
- Maryland and New Jersey: Anthony and Pilar Colandro, Essex County
- New York (Upper): Thomas Colavito, Putnam County
- North Carolina (Eastern): Beecher “Gus” Gray, Chapel Hill
- Pennsylvania (Western): Lew and Mary Ann Cramer, Somerset County
- Virginia (Eastern) and Washington, D.C.: David Clark, Danville/Pittsylvania
- Virginia (Western) and West Virginia: J. Steve Dibetta, Blennerhassett
- Illinois (Northern): Robert and Patricia Feuerborn, Fox Valley Area
- Illinois (Southern): Lyle Kruger, National Trail
- Indiana: Jason Franklin, Falls of the Ohio
- Michigan: Anthony “Tony” Costa, Oakland-Macomb
- Missouri: Gant Mitch, State Fair Area
- Ohio (Northern): Todd Figard, North East Ohio
- Ohio (Southern): Paul Long, Mid Ohio Valley
- Tennessee: Eddie Wilson, Memphis
- Wisconsin: John Perez, Racine/Kenosha Area
Mid West Region:
- Colorado: Rich Wyatt, Colorado State
- Iowa and Nebraska: Ray Hunt, Mid Nebraska
- Kansas: Marion Schumacher, Northwest Kansas
- Minnesota: Adam Ballard, Central Minnesota
- Montana: David and Marilyn Eider, Tobacco Valley
- New Mexico: Steve Jones, Estancia Valley
- Oklahoma: Travis Mann, Northwest Oklahoma
- Wyoming: Brent and Tracy Wilkes, Great Divide
- Alabama: Eric Davidson, Mobile Co.
- Arkansas and Mississippi (Northern): Don Hill, Capital City
- Florida (Northern): Greg Williams, Panama City
- Florida (Southern): Charlie Amaral, West Pasco County
- Georgia: Martin Fox, Sumter Area
- Louisiana and Mississippi (Southern): Dan Calvert, Pelican State
- South Carolina: Beverly Bedenbaugh, Saluda County
- Texas (Northern): Tony Randall, Pineywoods
- Texas (Southern): John Griffin, Houston Metro
- Alaska: Rick Swenson, Homer
- Arizona: T’Hallalisa Jackson, Zane Grey
- California (Central): Barry Bauer, Fresno County
- California (North Eastern) and Nevada (Western): John Madden, Modesto and Reno/Sparks
- California (North Western): Lila Biggs, Lake
- Hawaii and Oregon: Dawn Horn, Hawaii
- Washington (Western): Dutch Jacoby, Skagit County