Bank of America Refusing Businesses that Support the 2nd Amendment

Bank of America - Bank of Hoplophobia
Bank of America – Bank of Hoplophobia

Phoenix, Arizona –-(Ammoland.com)- McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, McMillan Firearms Manufacturing, and McMillan Group International have been collectively banking with Bank of America for 12 years.

Today Mr. Ray Fox, Senior Vice President, Market Manager, Business Banking, Global Commercial Banking came to my office. He scheduled the meeting as an “account analysis” meeting in order to evaluate the two lines of credit we have with them. He spent 5 minutes talking about how McMillan has changed in the last 5 years and has become more of a firearms manufacturer than a supplier of accessories.

At this point I interrupted him and asked “Can I possibly save you some time so that you don’t waste your breath? What you are going to tell me is that because we are in the firearms manufacturing business you no longer want my business.”

“That is correct” he says.

I replied “That is okay, we will move our accounts as soon as possible. We can find a 2nd Amendment friendly bank that will be glad to have our business. You won’t mind if I tell the NRA, SCI and everyone I know that BofA is not firearms industry friendly?”

“You have to do what you must” he said.

“So you are telling me this is a politically motivated decision, is that right?”

Mr. Fox confirmed that it was. At which point I told him that the meeting was over and there was nothing left for him to say.

I think it is important for all Americans who believe in and support our 2nd amendment right to keep and bear arms to know when a business does not support these rights. What you do with that knowledge is up to you. When I don’t agree with a business’s political position I can not in good conscience support them.

We will soon no longer be accepting Bank of America credit cards as payment for our products.

Kelly D McMillan
Director of Operations
McMillan Group International, LLC
623-582-9635

About McMillan

McMillan Group International, located in Phoenix, Arizona, is the corporate parent for a family of firearms companies committed to excellence in the firearms industry. Companies include McMillan Firearms Manufacturing (formerly “McBros”), a manufacturer of the McMillan tactical and hunting rifles; McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, a leading manufacturer of premium custom fiberglass stocks for hunting, competition, tactical and OEM markets; and McMillan Machine Company, a contract manufacturer of precision machined parts.

McMillan Group International Logo

Cobaltblu
Cobaltblu

Passing on the word and actively opposing any business with the BOA for any reason. There are many other banks and credit unions who are interested in business and not P.C. BS.

saltysecond
saltysecond

Dollar votes ftw. When my parent had illness bofahole harassed mercilessly re: late bills. When I bought a house their trading desk reneged on a verbal agreement. When my identity stolen by an employee they refused to share findings of investigation. Karma ya fascists.

Janada Oakley Patton
Janada Oakley Patton

I have a Bank of America account and a credit card…but tomorrow that is going to change. I am going down to Prosperity Bank. I talked to them and they were appalled at Bank of America's actions. Goodby Buttheads of America@

JB Saywer
JB Saywer

I withdrew all cash except 5.00 as to cause BofA to continue costly admin process. I also closed my checking account. Bank of America theirs an oxymoron ( emphasis on MORON).

Johannan Baptiste
Johannan Baptiste

If you have an account with BOA find a new bank.

Oh, and BOA, you should also STOP funding abortion clinics while you're at it. They've killed more babies than guns.

Dennis
Dennis

I have used their card for years. Hundreds of thousands have been run through this card. It was my favorite. I am sending it to B of A's head man. By way of fire. Here is your card back SATAN.

Rick
Rick

Bank of America has been the leader in foreclosures in America. They bought out Countrywide and proceeded to swamp US home owners with forclosure notices. In some cases they actualy refused to accept mortage payments from owners – then put them into foreclosure.

These Presidents anti-gun agenda is striking every facet of our lives – whats next?

Joe
Joe

I don't do business with BofA because as I recall, they actively supported the Nazi's and the confiscation of Jewish assets during WWII.

Bret
Bret

Just closed my BOA credit card this morning, stating that I will not do business with a company that is so anti-2nd amendment.

jim
jim

To Lucy above-sweetie your in denial what is apparent everywhere-our money went to all the fatcats beginning with 1st bush in the savings and loan scandal-wake up-BofA and Obama have nuzzled each other for years. they'll own you as a slave if you keep hiding u head in the sand-i'm dumping my account and telling all my gang.

Judie
Judie

Paid off my credit card that was through them and will never use again!

Farris Gregory
Farris Gregory

Just received my new "Bank of America" credit card in the mail. My first transaction was to put it to good use by cutting it up and deposting in the trash can. They need to rename the company to the "Bank of Liberals." The company has to be the "Bank of Unamerica."

Jerry L
Jerry L

I don't have any dealings with BANK of AMERICA !! The USA BAILED YOU OUT ONCE I WILL NOT BE ANY PART OF MAKING YOU OR KEEPING YOU IN THE FURURE .

I WILL NEVER DEAL IN ANYTHING THAT IS EVEN REMOTLY OWNED / INVOLVED WITH YOU .

Philip W Martin
Philip W Martin

I think BOA is gotten to big, Now they are telling the American people who support the right to keep and bear arms is not for them. So I guess BOA is not for us either. We should stop doing business with them as well. Hurt them real hard. In the pocket book as we say. To Hell with BOA

Carole
Carole

"When I don’t agree with a business’s political position I can not in good conscience support them." That's what BoA just told YOU wasn't it?

Steve Dixon
Steve Dixon

Guess I'll be closing my credit card account with them. I just had it for business expenses anyway.

Hannibal
Hannibal

Easy! Close all your BOA accounts, tell them why and move your money to a local credit union. Fuck BOA!

Richard White
Richard White

I support your stance, we have to stand for our principles which I have done on other issues for years. I do not use my old dentist because of his ultra- enviromental beliefs. I am a conservationist, always have been, served in many local, and state positions in Conservation organizations, but when an environmentalist tells me I can't use my land the way it is zoned because they don't want me to, well that was to much especially after the lawsuits they filed to stop me. This is not a new problem and it has many tentacles. I sent Wal… Read more »

skjohn
skjohn

I am closing ALL of my B of A accounts ASAP. I'm no millionaire but, my funds are considerable enough that when I opened the account, the manager was called out of his office and was stammering when he looked and the amount of the deposit. Can't wait to see the look on his face when I withdraw every penny, which will be over twice what I put in.

Mac
Mac

Somehow I'm not surprised. If any organization would jump on the wrong band wagon it would be Bank of America. They should be forced to change their name for they are certainly UN-AMERICAN.

I too will encourage all I know with B of A accounts to change to another institution.

rbillybates
rbillybates

Bank of America was caught stealing monies of millions in Housing Defaults and Bailed Out by the Federal Obama Failures continues to Date/?Charging higher rates to lower incomes should be a violation of law and immoral and very bad business practices?Feds should fine and stop all home loans and no Goverment Business or Employee Pensions Plans!

Heathen Exterminatio
Heathen Exterminatio

They may deny 2nd amendment rights to their customers, but they embrace the 2nd amendment for themselves.

A hypocritical U.S. corporation? Whooda thunk it?

Benno
Benno

It's hilarious that you will refuse payment because of the bank it's coming from.

Clearly businesses in the USA aren't as hard done by as we hear.

hanbo
hanbo

punish the bastards at Bank of America.BOYCOT them!Its the least we can do.

BofA Sucks
BofA Sucks

This is pretty typical of this bank, i thought you might be interested in my page.

Bonnie C Bowden
Bonnie C Bowden

I have banked with Bank of America for over 15 years and they have screwed my accounts so badly that I should have left years ago. This is the last straw. Come Friday I am out of there! My husband has used our Credit Union for years and has encouraged me to leave BOA for years. Should have listened!

michael the snipper
michael the snipper

bank of america,wells fargo,chase which is jpmorgan beware people . get your money into credit unions get out of the banks . dont say i didnt warn you . when your money disappears from your bank dont say i didnt warn you.

Billy
Billy

I have an auto loan through BOFA. Will be making tracks to a small, local bank Friday morning to remedy the situation.

Rick O'Shea
Rick O'Shea

I have no BOA card,and if I had it would be gone. Maybe BOA thinks the government war on all firearm issues, including manufacturing, makes for a crummy investment? This could have more far reaching effects than we think?

wonder warthog
wonder warthog

Great "heads up", thanks. Will also pass the word.

Out of curiosity, wonder why we haven't heard about Husein's campaign paying back the 14 MILLION they loaned them…..

Marilyn
Marilyn

Whats with all the fear? Do you think guns in the hands of people that don't really know how to use them is a good idea?

LARRY
LARRY

I can't believe it's got this bad!

RICHARD WEISS
RICHARD WEISS

I never have done business with Bank of America ans now i never will!!. I will pass the word on about this nonsense.

Michael Avila
Michael Avila

In 1971 I opened an account with B of A…..6 Months later I closed it due to their immoral procedures, I swore never to do business with them ever again…still holds true today.

Mike Huffstutler
Mike Huffstutler

Today is the first I have heard of this. I have a credit card with BoA. I printed this article so I can include it with the letter closing my account. I will also include my NRA Life membership number.

Ray Kingsbury
Ray Kingsbury

If home buyers stipulate that BoA is not to have the opportunity to finance your loan at point of purchase or future it might restrict their sales. However this needs to be reviewed by Fox News and the Romney Groups to put pressure on the Government to change the law to avoid ongoing bank bailouts.

John
John

Bank of America is a shill for the Obama Marxists. Old A.P. is turning over in his grave.

Bruce
Bruce

Just-dropped BofA and went to Wells Fargo. 25 years of banking with BofA and I had no idea. I'm an American and proud of it. I do not even own a gun, but I do not believe a bank should have a opinion at all – owe wait, is not this one of the banks in President Obomas pocket? Wow, now the US government is really reaching to far. I'm purchasing a 1911 & ar15 today –

seanoamericano
seanoamericano

So what BOA is one of the too big to fail and mortgage scam partners. Everybody should switch over to a credit union and tell the zionist banking filth to take a long walk on a short pier like Iceland did.

Katie Bowers
Katie Bowers

BOA has been doing this for years. I am so glad to see that AMericans are waking up! Here we come and we "Americans" are a force to reckon with!

Harold Swift
Harold Swift

It surprises me they were not smart enough and knowledgeable enough to dump Bank of America long ago. BOFA has long since proven to be shysters in the financial world and often un-American. They were one of the first and most blatant in screwing home owners who were having problems meeting their mortgage payments. They were caught foreclosing on thousands of them without just cause. Maybe in the future McMillan will pay more attention to those with whom they BANK ON.

I am sure McMillan will find other banks willing and read to take up the slack.

David Fossiano
David Fossiano

Although I don't have a account with BoA or a CC with them I do have a big mouth and every one I know will be informed of this. These big bastards will learn and if we all get out to vote that s.o.b we have in there now out they won't be able to go back to Ovomits redistribution well and pretty soon they'll spin around a few times as they go down the crapper with him

Edward Donatelli
Edward Donatelli

I don't own any guns (served in WWII). I wish I had an account at BOFA so I could cancel it.

Kevin
Kevin

I have done my benking with BOA for many years and have millions in this bank I will withdraw my money as soon as I can make arrangements F__k BOA they will never get anymore business from me,

Dennis the Menace
Dennis the Menace

Tim (Tim on May 2, 2012) you speak with such authority – and such confusion. First you say the story is not true, then you say it was a misunderstanding that was dealt with. Which was it? If it was a misunderstanding, what was the nature of the misunderstanding, and how was it resolved? More importantly, what is the source of your information? In the five months that have passed since this story was first posted here, BofA has not refuted it, nor has Kelly McMillan retracted his statements. Seems pretty solid to me. Let's keep this story circulating.

Dennis the Menace
Dennis the Menace

BTW, James, did it cross your mind to question why the BofA infobabe could NOT comment on the bank's relationship with McMillan Group? Maybe the truth would embarrass the bank? Isn't it interesting that BofA has not denied this claim? Just remember, "keeping an open mind" does not mean letting your brain fall out of your head.

Dennis the Menace
Dennis the Menace

James (James Pagonis on September 7, 2012) you dolt, did you read the Snopes article to which you referred? It is clearly marked "Undetermined." The quote from the BofA infobabe is very misleading. There can be a big difference between "policy" and "customary practice" (look up "redlining".) While BofA may have no FORMAL policies regarding their doing business with the firearms industry, the management could still have a sub rosa prohibition against such dealings. The spin-babe engages in further deception with her reference to a deal involving Freedom Group Inc., which involves "BofA Merrill", which is the investments group not… Read more »

Larry
Larry

Closed out my BOA accounts. They have done everything to coax me back to using them but I will either do without or talk to the good 2nd Amendment supporting folks at my credit union. Also refused to renew membership in AARP. They don't support our older folks – just try to fleece them out of their hard-earned money.

Page
Page

I moved my 29 year account from BofA to Chase

today. I can't believe it must be payback for our bailing them out.

tankhunter
tankhunter

Dump my BOA Mortgage as soon as could. Nothing but headaches with my VA loans. These are the bums that gave credit cards to those without Social Security numbers, just encouraging illegal activity. Anyone looking for a loan may request that it not be "sold to BOA"