Lehi, Utah – -(Ammoland.com)- The Gun Box, a gun storage system that only opens with unique RF and fingerprint ID, today announced that it has surpassed its $100,000 ($139,084 at last count) funding goal on Indiegogo, and will begin shipping preordered units on December 12, 2013; just in time for the holidays.
With more than 15 years of experience engineering and designing products, Ryan Hyde invented The Gun Box to address two common gun storage issues. Many gun owners store their guns in low quality safes that are easy to break into. Others focus on easy access and do not properly secure their guns, which can have dangerous consequences.
The Gun Box addresses these issues and more with its robust outer shell, secure electronic locking mechanism and ergonomic design.
- Die-cast aircraft strength aluminum alloy shell (0.15”-0.20” thick)
- Fully enclosed internal hinges
- Several mounting holes for discreet storage in almost any orientation
- USB ports (for power distribution to mobile devices)
- Pry-resistant lap joint
- Text alerts & alarm triggering when internal accelerometer detects movement
- Internal dimensions: 8.9” by 6.6” by 1.5”
Ryan Hyde, engineer and inventor of The Gun Box, said, “As a father of seven kids, I’m passionate about gun safety and believe The Gun Box will help keep kids away from guns. Thanks to the overwhelming support from our Indiegogo backers, we are making The Gun Box a reality and encouraging responsible gun storage nationwide.”
The Gun Box is available in three models:
- The Gun Box RF ($225): Includes unique RFID chip.
- The Gun Box Biometric ($289): Includes unique RFID chip and biometric sensor.
- The Gun Box Premier ($475): Includes unique RFID chip and biometric sensor, plus GPS tracking, 24/7 monitoring and text notifications.
All three versions can be preordered at www.thegunbox.com. Preorder today for guaranteed delivery in time for the holidays; the 400 available units will be delivered on a first-come, first-served basis. All Indiegogo orders will be delivered by Christmas.
About The Gun Box:
The Gun Box uses RF and fingerprint scanning technology to keep handguns secure, yet rapidly accessible in an emergency. To prevent tampering, The Gun Box will text its owner and trigger an alarm when its accelerometer detects movement. With a robust outer shell, secure electronic locking mechanism that enables rapid access, and a beautiful design, The Gun Box is the safest way to store guns. The Gun Box has three models, ranging in price from $225 and $475. For more information and to preorder The Gun Box visit: www.thegunbox.com.