Virginia – -(Ammoland.com)- A group of police chiefs and sheriffs recently signed a letter opposing National Concealed Carry Reciprocity.
These 10 chiefs, 1 lieutenant, and 1 sheriff from Virginia show their complete ignorance of Virginia's own concealed carry reciprocity law and their disdain for Virginia's citizens.
Virginia already honors the permits from ALL other states! Virginia Citizens Defense League successfully got that law a few years ago.
National Reciprocity, if passed, would change NOTHING for the police and sheriffs in Virginia. NOTHING.
Their mindless opposition to Americans being able to protect themselves while visiting Virginia is abhorrent. They are also standing in the way of Virginians being able to protect themselves while traveling to places like New York, New Jersey, Maryland, California, and Massachusetts. What business is it of theirs to try to control your actions outside of the Commonwealth?
If you live in the areas covered by any of these departments, contact their chief or the sheriff, respectively, and object lo their signature being on that letter. Better yet, go to the next City Hall meeting and object to City Council about the actions of their Chief of Police (or the Fairfax Board of Supervisors for Sheriff Kincaid). Ignorance of the law is no excuse, including when such ignorance is shown by police leadership.
This is the hall of shame for Virginia:
- Chief Of Police Anthony Q Ellington Sr, Farmville Police Department, Farmville, VA
- Chief of Police Gary Benedict, Jr., Town of Middletown Police Dept., Middletown, VA
- Chief Kenneth A. Miller, Petersburg Bureau of Police, Petersburg, VA
- Chief of Police Todd Foreman, Bedford Police Department, Bedford, VA
- Chief Robert D. Plott, Colonial Beach Police Department, Colonial Beach, VA
- Sheriff Stacey Ann Kincaid, Fairfax County Sheriff’s Office, Fairfax, VA
- Chief of Police Mary Gavin, Falls Church, Falls Church, VA
- Police Chief Michael Grinstead, Newport News Police Department, Newport News, VA
- Chief of Police Kenneth A. Miller, Petersburg Bureau of Police, Petersburg, VA
- Chief of Police Alfred Durham, Richmond Police Department, Richmond, VA
- Lieutenant Roger D. Knott, Harrisonburg City Police, Harrisonburg, VA
- Chief Gregory C. Brown, Leesburg Police Department (VA), Leesburg, VA
Here is an article on the letter: http://blog.cheaperthandirt.com/police-chiefs-opposing-concealed-carry-list
About Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL):
Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL). VCDL is an all-volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to defending the human rights of all Virginians. The Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a fundamental human right.
For more information, visit: www.vcdl.org.