‘Lodge Meetings' are set to begin in March, 2019; Heartland TV to air all 300 episodes from the full 15 seasons beginning Sept. 4 2018.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – -(AmmoLand.com)- Steve Smith, better known as Red Green, from the beloved Gemini Award-winning comedy series The Red Green Show, will be taking the show to the road in 2019 for his “This Could Be It” tour. The name says it all: Potentially Red Green’s last tour as he heads out on the road to hold ‘Lodge Meetings' all over North America. This might be your last opportunity to catch Red live before he takes a long look at his birth certificate and decides not to keep pushing his luck.
This latest one man show features some brand new handyman projects, advice to married guys and teenage boys, tips on getting old, an apology to the world on behalf of all baby boomers, with special contributions from Harold and a couple of other cast members, talking animals, and a final wish from Red to all of his loyal fans.
Red Green's U.S. portion of his North American tour schedule is set to go on sale on Thursday, September 6, with more dates to be added. The Fall of 2019 Canadian tour destinations will include Regina, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Peterborough, Ottawa, Kitchener, London, Red Deer, Victoria, Nanaimo, plus more to be added, with tickets going on sale November 1. To purchase tickets, and for the most up-to-date tour schedule, please go to RedGreen.com/on-tour.html
The Red Green Show is also the latest addition to the Heartland TV Network lineup, with the first two episodes set to premiere on Tuesday, September 4, 2018 and Thursday, September 6 at 7PM ET/PT. The Red Green Show will also be offered on Heartland’s free Roku live streaming channel.
The thirty-minute series, offering a unique hybrid of sitcom and sketch comedy entertainment often parodying do-it-yourself and outdoor shows, originally ran for 15 seasons on CBC Television in Canada and PBS in America. The show stars Steve Smith as Red Green along with Patrick McKenna, Rick Green, Jeff Lumby, Wayne Robson, and Bob Bainborough.
Of the addition to Heartland, The Red Green Show creator and star Steve Smith said, “We look forward to our hopeless handyman, master of misadventure and self-delusional philosopher, Red Green, joining the Heartland lineup. Our fans tell us that The Red Green Show brand of comedy unites generations and we look forward to Heartland families having the same experience. Heartland fans, grab a roll of duct tape and your favorite beverage and let the fun begin!”
The Red Green Show 2019 Tour:
- MAR 22 – The Palladium Theatre / St. Petersburg, Fla.
- MAR 23 – Macomb Center for Performing Arts / Macomb, Mich.
- MAR 24 – Ford Community & Performing Arts Center / Dearborn, Mich.
- MAR 26 – Taft Theatre / Cincinnati, Ohio
- MAR 28 – F.M. Kirby Center / Wilkes Barre, Pa.
- MAR 29 – Weinberg Center / Frederick, Md.
- APR 01 – Interlochen Center for the Arts / Interlochen, Mich.
- APR 02 – Dow Event Center / Saginaw, Mich.
- APR 03 – De Vos Performance Hall / Grand Rapids, Mich.
- APR 05 – Prairie's Edge Casino / Granite Falls, Minn.
- APR 06 – The O'Shaughnessy at St. Catherine University / St. Paul, Minn.
- APR 07 – Mitchell Auditorium / Duluth, Minn.
- APR 09 – Fine Arts Center at Viterbo University / La Crosse, Wis.
- APR 10 – Meyer Theater / Green Bay, Wis.
- APR 11 – South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center / South Milwaukee, Wis.
- APR 12 – Capitol Theater / Madison, Wis.
- APR 13 – Adler Theatre / Davenport, Iowa
- APR 14 – Hoyt Sherman Place / Des Moines, Iowa
- APR 15 – Five Flags Center / Dubuque, Iowa
- APR 16 – Bridge View Center / Ottumwa, Iowa
- APR 17 – Stephens Auditorium at Iowa State University / Ames, Iowa
- APR 19 – Rushmore Plaza Civic Center Theatre / Rapid City, S.D.
- APR 20 – Orpheum Theater / Sioux Falls, S.D.
- APR 23 – Orpheum Theater / Phoenix, Ariz.
- APR 24 – Aladdin Theater / Portland, Ore.
- APR 25 – Broadway Center for the Performing Arts, Rialto Theater / Tacoma, Wash.
- APR 26 – Bing Crosby Theater / Spokane, Wash.
- APR 28 – Paramount Theatre / Denver, Colo.
- APR 30 – Lied Center / Lincoln, Neb.
- MAY 01 – Lied Center of Kansas at University of Kansas / Lawrence, Kan.
- MAY 04 – Blue Gate Theatre / Shipshewana, Ind.
* For the complete updated tour schedule, and to buy tickets, visit RedGreen.com/on-tour.html
About The Red Green Show:
The Red Green Show is a unique half-hour comedy series targeted at family audiences, with the purpose of entertaining and providing an escape from the pressures of urban living.
Set way up north at the infamous Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show is a hilarious insight into men, their dreams, and their obsessions. It's a show for anyone who thinks God created man to give the rest of the world something to laugh at!
Steve Smith plays the acerbic, dry-witted Red Green, lodge leader and host of the show that takes special aim at the yet unexplored humorous side of the male ego and other inflatables. Pat McKenna plays Harold, Red's techno-geek nephew, and Rick Green (no relation to Red) is the klutzy naturalist Bill. Each week they pass the time bonding, adventuring, entrepreneuring and basically keeping the eight-year-old in them alive and well.