Ruger Commemorates 70th Anniversary with Limited Edition Mark IV

Ruger Commemorates 70th Anniversary with Limited Edition Mark IV
Ruger Commemorates 70th Anniversary with Limited Edition Mark IV

U.S.A.-(Ammoland.com)- Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE-RGR) is commemorating the 70th anniversary of the Company with the release of a Limited Edition Mark IV™ Standard pistol. This special model features a unique laser engraving on the receiver and bolt, as well as a “70TH” serial number prefix. This limited edition pistol ships in a custom wood case, reminiscent of the box used to ship the original Standard pistol in 1949, and also includes a 70th anniversary pin and decal.

Ruger began manufacturing the Standard pistol in 1949. The .22 caliber pistol immediately earned a reputation for being affordable, accurate and reliable, and served as the benchmark for all Ruger firearms to come. The Mark IV Standard model represents the fourth generation of this iconic pistol. The Mark IV boasts several feature improvements over its predecessors and retains the same quality and reliability that customers have come to expect from Ruger.

This limited edition model features the classic Standard styling, including the 4.75” cold hammer-forged, tapered barrel with fixed sights and angled grip. Like similar Mark IV pistols, the commemorative edition features a CNC-machined, one-piece aluminum grip frame, one-button takedown for quick and easy field stripping, ambidextrous manual safety and a redesigned bolt stop for more ergonomic operation. The magazine drops free on release and the magazine disconnect safety prevents discharge when the magazine has been removed. The American-made Mark IV ships with two nickel-Tefloncoated, 10-round magazines.

Ruger Limited Edition Mark IV
Ruger Limited Edition Mark IV

Since 1949, generations of American shooters have learned the fundamentals of marksmanship and safety with affordable, reliable and accurate .22 caliber pistols and rifles from Ruger. Continue the Ruger tradition in your family and help us celebrate 70 years of quality, American craftsmanship.

For more information on the Mark IV, or to learn more about the extensive line of award-winning Ruger firearms, visit Ruger.com or Facebook.com/Ruger. To find accessories for the Mark IV and other Ruger firearms, visit ShopRuger.com or your local independent retailer of Ruger firearms.

About Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.Ruger Firearms

Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. is one of the nation's leading manufacturers of rugged, reliable firearms for the commercial sporting market. As a full-line manufacturer of American-made firearms, Ruger offers consumers almost 700 variations of more than 40 product lines. For 70 years, Ruger has been a model of corporate and community responsibility. Our motto, “Arms Makers for Responsible Citizens®,” echoes our commitment to these principles as we work hard to deliver quality and innovative firearms.

Gary Cummings
Gary Cummings
1 year ago

My first pistol was given to me by my Dad, Christmas 1962. A Ruger standard .22. It was a great Christmas. I still have it, and still shoot it occasionally. I must say the Mark IV is way easier to take down and clean. That is the one I shoot the most, and I love that it comes with a threaded barrel. If you haven’t shot a Mark IV 22/45 Lite you are missing a great pistol. I also have a Mark II. Why couldn’t they have come up with the one-button take-down a long time ago? Would have saved… Read more »

jake williams
jake williams

I have a mk 1 love it

Scott
Scott
1 year ago

I have had my Mark 2 target since 1984. Still running great. And it has seen a lot.

Daniel
Daniel
1 year ago

LOVE the style of this pistol, but I’m dubious of the new takedown version over it compared to it’s predisors

Wade Benham
Wade Benham

Love the SR9c!

Ruck
Ruck
Reply to  Wade Benham

The SR9C is my daily carry weapon. Comfortable to carry and comfortable to shoot. I added a Crimson Trace lazer. A great pistol.

JD
JD
1 year ago

I have never purchased a ‘weapon’, but I own a collection of firearms. Purchased my first Ruger Standard Model for $29.00 in 1959, now own at least one of each Mark models. Great handgun for cottontails, ruffed grouse, rattle snakes, etc. Thanks Ruger!

Charles McMillin
Charles McMillin
Reply to  JD

All former military members call firearms, weapons.

Al
Al
Reply to  JD

Bought mine in 1959 $35.00 second hand store, Sorry I sold it now

Grady
Grady
1 year ago

Ruger Mk1 1 serial number put it manufactured December 1950. Was my grandfather’s and passed to me after his death.
Ruger speed six .38 special. Bought it for my wife in 1984.
Ruger SR1911 .45 . My Favorite.
Ruger Security-9. My EDC
Ruger , my next gun.

Phil in TX
Phil in TX
1 year ago

I still own the first gun I ever bought, a Ruger Mk1 .22, in 1972. Still works perfectly, except for the bad feed lips on the original mag. Replacement mags solved that problem. I’ll pass it on to one of my granddaughters when I’m gone.

Phil in TX

David Blakeman
David Blakeman
1 year ago

The one I had was the most accurate and reliable .22 pistol I have ever had. Everything about the ergonomics was perfect, the feel, the accuracy. Make you look like a sharpshooting master. Been kicking myself for ever letting it go.

Chris
Chris
Reply to  David Blakeman

Friend had a heavy barrel one and talk about the accuracy, pretty awesome. I got a 22/45 with a heavy barrel and it’s the same. We have routinely shot grouse with it at up to 20 yards on our trapline. That’s why i got it, something to carry for grouse on a part of our trapline that the only access is walking.

Cruz
Cruz
Reply to  David Blakeman

My 1st was a mk1 with the chrome trigger. That caught my eye & I still have it working well. It looks like this model may also have the chrome trigger. If so I may have to invest.

Jeff Leisinger
Jeff Leisinger
1 year ago

I own several Ruger Rifles , Pistols , Revolvers and a Ruger Red Label O/U Shotgun . All Ruger firearms are well built and exceptonally accurate . You will always get the best bang for your buck with Ruger firearms.

Cody Hochhalter
Cody Hochhalter
Reply to  Jeff Leisinger

Same here even a red label but ive recently sent several rugers back in for lack of quality issues.

Doug Gracey
Doug Gracey
1 year ago

Love my rugers BUT I have had to send two back and refused delivery of two more , I am losing faith

Robert Gifford
Robert Gifford
1 year ago

Love to have one, but my wife always tells me we have enough .22 guns in our collection already. But i have to say that i do infact love .22 rifels and pistols. Lol

Allen
Allen
Reply to  Robert Gifford

How can you have too many? LOL

Dave
Dave

I have a Mark 4 and love it

Johnny Fields
Johnny Fields
1 year ago

Dang I got to buy another one!!!

Pepito
Pepito
1 year ago

I own a 77 mk2, a 1A, a Deerstalker, a 1911Sr, definitely I like Rutgers firearms…

Gerald Adams
Gerald Adams
1 year ago

My brother, who has passed, had one of the first ones issued. His grandson has it now. I am still shopplng for one that I can afford on my limited budget. I love rugers. I have 4 revolvers and a 10-22. I’m 67 years young and still shopping for rugers. Never have enough rugers. Thank You, Ruger.

Samuel gaskind
Samuel gaskind
1 year ago

I would love to have that gun I never want to have a 22 but I would buy that one.

Samuel Gaskins
Samuel Gaskins
Reply to  Samuel gaskind

I never won’t to buy a 22 before but I would like to have that one.I like it

Mark Phillips
Mark Phillips
1 year ago

I have a MK1 target model, love it!
Also,
Security Six 357
Single Six
No. 3 in 45-70 (200th year of freedom)
10-22 (of course!)
I love Ruger.
Hopefully with many more to come.

Vanns40
Vanns40
Reply to  Mark Phillips

I have a MK1 with a 5 1/2” bull barrel that I used to shoot bullseye competition with decades ago. I believe I paid around $100-125 for it at the time. I liked it better than the High Standard Trophy I had. Sold that, kept the Ruger, still have it!

RocketPak
RocketPak
1 year ago

I just got an SR9c, but I still have my grandfathers mark 1 standard.

E6H
E6H
1 year ago

Ruger makes great gear. Just purchased the SR1911 in 9mm and with a few cheap additions, it’s an excellent self defense weapon that is carried everyday, with an extra 10 round Wilson Combat mag, I’ve got 21 rounds of Federal HST +Ps at my defense. Nice

Terrence Robinson
Terrence Robinson
1 year ago

I would love to have this gun! When will you make one that can be sold in California? Please, make this a reality.

Terry
Terry
1 year ago

The best reality for Californians is to learn to vote conservative. Get rid of the politicians that have stoked your American freedoms.

Fred
Fred
Reply to  Terry

Exactly brother. Libreturds have ruined California.

Jim
Jim
1 year ago

Why, that looks just like my Fiftieth Anniversary model! I wonder if they’re related? 😀

Siyanda Rala-Rala
Siyanda Rala-Rala
Reply to  Jim

I would Love to have this weapon it is great I’m in South Africa I would love to have it please contact me it you can

Jim
Jim
1 year ago

Tell me, why would I want to sell my Ruger to someone living in South Africa? Especially with a tag-line like yours.